Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 12: Wait a while

Daniel's POV

I shook my head disapprovingly as I listened to Juelz try to sneak back into the house.

"Morning Juelz" I greeted as she walked into the kitchen.

"Daniel? What are you doing up?" she whispered as her eyes grew wide at my presence.

"It’s 8 in the morning and I had to do my exercises" I told her as I took in her appearance. She was wearing a way to tight gold dress, while her hair was a little messed up. "Have a good night?" I asked as I prepared to take my pills.

She shrugged in response before speaking.

"I’m going upstairs to take a shower"

"OK" I agreed before I watched her walk towards the stairs.

"Juelz when you come back you and I have to talk" I informed her as I watched her eyes go large for the second time in a space of a few minutes.

"What about?"

I shrugged my shoulders, refusing to give her an answer.

"Just go and shower. I’ll explain when you’re done" I told her before drinking my water and watching her ascend the stairs.

~

Lisa’s POV

"Morning sunshine" Callie greeted as she joined me on the couch.

"Morning" I mumbled before taking a sip of my coffee.

"You OK?" she questioned as she took in my disheveled appearance.

"Me and Juan broke up last night" I informed her as she nodded her head.

"I’m sorry Lis" she offered as she pulled me in for a hug. "How you holding up?"

"Honestly I feel relieved" I admitted as I pulled away from her. She raised an eyebrow at my confession. "I mean I’m sad that things between me and Juan are over but another part of me is so excited that I can finally be with Fernando"

She nodded her head at my declaration as a small smile crept on her face.

"So are you gonna call him and invite him over?" she questioned while wiggling her eyebrows.

I had to laugh at her first before shaking my head no.

She stopped laughing when I said that before asking me why.

"I just think I need some time to get over everything and figure things out" I admitted as my cousin nodded.

"Well I for one am very happy for you and I hold thumbs for team Fernando" she teased as I watched her continue to smile.

"Callie are you OK?” I asked as I saw her smirk.

"I’m amazing" she answered cryptically.

"Callie spill" I ordered her as I put my cup on the coffee table.

"There’s nothing to say"

"LIAR" I yelled as I saw her smile get bigger. She merely shrugged as I thought of a way for her to reveal her secret.

I wiggled my fingers before launching myself at her and tickling her.

"Lisa stop" she cried after a few minutes of insistent tickling.

"Tell me your secret and I will" I threatened as she continued to laugh.

"There’s no secret" she answered as she laughed some more.

When tears fell from her eyes she begged for me to stop, with the promise to tell me the truth.

"Thank you" she said as she wiped her eyes and sat up straight.

"Now spill" I commanded once she was sitting comfortably.

"I can’t say… just yet" she admitted as she looked at me.

"Why not?"

"Because I’m waiting for a signal" she answered as I gave her a confused look.

"Is this about Daniel?" I asked as she nodded.

"Should I be worried?"

"Not if you want to see me happy" she admitted as I smiled.

"You know Juelz is gonna kill you right" I teased as she nodded.

"I’m prepared for that. I’ve already made arrangements for my funeral" she joked as we both burst out laughing.

"They are both worth it you know" I assured her once we had calmed down.

"They better be. I’m risking my life for this" Callie added before we started laughing again.

~

Juelz’s POV

"Do you want some juice?" Daniel asked as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes please" I answered sweetly wondering what this was about.

When I took a seat at the breakfast table, he put a plate of food in front of me as well as the juice.

We sat and ate in silence for a while before the curiosity finally got to me.

"You said we needed to talk"

He nodded his head in agreement before putting his toast back on his plate.

"I think we should break up" he announced as I sat there, shocked.

"What? No. Why?" I questioned as I watched him remain still.

"I’m not happy and I know it’s the same for you. I just think it would be better if we walked away from this now before anyone got hurt" he continued to explain as I sat there in shock.

"You’ve never mentioned that you were unhappy" I reasoned as I realized that my dream was slowly being trampled on.

"I’m telling you now" he said loudly.

"But Dan…"

"No Juelz. I’m sorry but I’ve made my decision. I’ll stay with Stevie for a little while. It’ll give you enough time to move out" he spoke calmly.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as I began to cry.

He just kept quite as he refused to look at me.

"Where do you expect me to go? I don’t have a job and I refuse to go back to that swampish place that Lisa considers a home" I ranted as he shrugged.

"I’m sorry Juelz but I this is for the best" he stated before standing up, taking his crutches and walking away.

I yelled as I watched him walk away from me. I don’t know what happened between last night and this morning but I knew there was only one person behind Daniel’s sudden change in attitude.

Callie
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...