Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 13: Let’s Start Over

Daniel’s POV

“Just call her already” Steven instructed as he walked into the guest room in his house.

He took a seat opposite the bed I was currently laying on.

"It’s been two weeks since the kiss I’m pretty sure she’s moved on by now" I reasoned before letting out a big sigh.

"You’re a coward, you do know that right?" he stated and I nodded.

"I just don’t want to be a big disappointment for her. What if after all we’ve been through it turns out that we really aren’t that compatible?" I asked him as I sat up to look at him.

"And what if you are compatible?"

I tried to answer him but all I that came out was a mumbled answer.

"Look Daniel I get that you’re a little nervous about being with her but you can’t let that fear stop you from getting what you want" he told me before standing up. "No get your ass ready for your doctor’s appointment, you are losing your crutches today" he told me before walking out.

I grunted one last time before getting off the bed and changing my clothes.

.

.

.

"Daniel" Gregg screamed as I hobbled into his room at the hospital.

I had missed a couple of visits with him due to my injury but mainly because I was trying to ignore Callie.

"Hey buddy" I greeted as I walked towards his bed and gave him a hug. When we pulled apart I took a seat near his bed.

"Why are you walking funny?" he asked while scrunching up his face.

I laughed at his expression before answering him.

"I injured my knee a while back. I’m still recovering so that’s why I’m walking funny" I told him as he nodded his head, satisfied with my answer.

"Is that why you haven’t been around?" he asked as I scratched my head.

"I think we’d both like the answer to that" Callie said as she walked into the room holding Gregg’s file in her hands.

"I can explain" I began as both of them looked at me with their arms folded.

"Go on" she said as I took a deep breath.

"I was scared. I just thought that if you got to know the real me, I wouldn’t be enough" I admitted as a small smile started to take over her face.

"I already know everything about you Daniel so why do you think I wouldn’t like you?" Gregg asked as Callie held in a laugh.

"Excuse me boys. Gregg I’ll check in on you later" Callie answered before walking out and leaving me to deal with a confused Gregg.

"Gregg I wasn’t talking about you" I assured him my eyes searched for Callie in the hallway.

"Okay cool then. You wanna play cards?" he asked brushing off my declaration.

"Yeah I’d love too" I told him as I watched him reach into the drawer and collect his cards. "Prepare to get you butt handed to you" I threatened as I began shuffling the cards.

~

Fernando’s POV

It had been 2 weeks since Lisa had last spoken or texted me and I was starting to think that maybe she and Juan were still together.

I knew showing up at her house would be a risk but I had to know where we stood.

"Fernando" she whispered out as she open her door "what are you doing here?"

"I came to see you" I told her as I asked to come in.

She nodded her head, allowing me in. She asked if I wanted a drink and when I declined she sat down, ready to address the issue that brought me here.

"Did you talk to Juan? “I asked and she nodded.

"So are you two still together?" I asked as she shook her head no.

My heart leapt in joy at her answer but I was cautious when I realized that despite her single status she hadn’t called me to inform me of this.

"Then why haven’t you called?"

"I just needed some time"

"To think about things?" I questioned as she nodded.

"Are you done thinking now?"

"Yes"

"Can you tell me what decision you’ve come too?" I asked before she pulled me towards her into a kiss.

When we pulled apart I had a smile on my face.

"Does that mean what I think it means?" I asked as she shook her head yes.

"Yes Fernando but we have to be careful" she warned as I saw panic over take her face.

"What do you mean?"

"Juan was very angry about what happened between us and he said me and him aren’t over. I’m just scared that he might do something that could hurt both of us" she admitted as I felt myself get angry.

"Listen Lis… There’s nothing he can do to harm what we have OK? I give you my word that he will not break up what we have, no matter how hard he tries" I assured her as she nodded her head in agreement.

"Now girlfriend" I teased as I noticed her blush. "Give me a kiss" I commanded before she pulled me close and reconnected our lips.

~

Callie’s POV

"Gregg I’m leaving now. Goodnight" I told the little boy as I leaned against his room’s door.

"Good night doctor Stevens" he replied cheerfully before Daniel cleared his throat.

"What no good night for me?" he asked but I merely glared at him in response before turning around and walking away.

I heard him say his goodbye’s to Gregg before following me out.

"Wait up Callie" he called as I stood by the elevator that would take me down to the basement where my car was located.

"Are you angry?" he asked as I shrugged my shoulders before answered with a nope.

"Then say something?"

"Something" I replied sarcastically as I stood patiently for the lift.

"Callie come on"

"No Daniel, don’t tell me to come on. I just spent the last two weeks dodging Juelz and getting the cold shoulder from you so excuse me if I’m acting like I’m angry because I really am angry" I snapped as a few of the people around us gave us looks.

"Ohkay I understand that and I’m sorry. I was being stupid and immature but mainly stupid" he told me right as the lift reached my floor.

When the doors opened, there was no one in there so we walked in and Daniel waited for me to speak.

"I’m not perfect you know. I also have insecurities" I told him without looking at him.

"I know. I know. How can I make it up to you?" he pleaded while rubbing my arm.

I would be lying if I said that one little action didn’t raise something in me but I stayed strong.

"You’re gonna have to work real hard" I threatened as I finally looked him in the eye.

"Trust me I will" he answered with a smirk before leaning in to kiss me.

I moved my lips in time, so that his kiss landed on my cheek.

"What the…" he swore when he realized he hadn’t gotten his way.

"Just because you are a good looking man Mr. Agger doesn’t mean I’ll do whatever you want" I teased him as the lift stopped on the floor my car was on.

"Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go home but I’ll be waiting by the phone, for you to call me about the details of our first date" I announced before getting out and walking to my car, leaving a stunned Daniel in the lift.

He is not getting me to succumb to his charm that easily. I thought to myself as I unlocked my car and began to drive off.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...