Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 14: A Couple of First’s

Callie's POV

"Do I look OK?" I asked Lisa and Fernando as I waited for Daniel to come pick me up for our first official date.

"You look great Callie" Lisa said while rolling her eyes. I couldn’t blame her for doing that, considering it was the tenth time in the last five minutes that I had asked that question.

"He’s here" I almost yelled when I heard the doorbell ring.

Before I had even made it out of my seat Fernando reached the door to welcome Daniel in.

"Evening Daniel" he greeted his teammate in a formal voice, while me and Lisa exchanged weird glances.

"Uhm Hey Fernando" Daniel answered while scratching his neck. He greeted Lisa as well but started moving around nervously as Fernando continued to glare at him.

I stood up and walked towards Daniel, giving him a shy greeting, before taking the flowers that he brought and placing them on the table. I asked Lisa to put them in a vase for me before turning my attention back to Daniel, in preparation for leaving. However Fernando halted both our actions by standing toe to toe with Daniel.

"Now I expect both of you back here at 11 o’ clock sharp and not a second late. Secondly, Callie is only allowed 2 glasses of alcohol" Fernando instructed as Daniel gave him a weird look.

Once he was done with his little speech we bid him an awkward goodbye as we made our way into his car.

Once we were both seated and he had driven a little further away from the house, Daniel turned to me.

"What was that about?"

"I have no idea" I answered as I burst out laughing.

"What’s so funny?" he quizzed me, obviously surprised by outburst.

"It’s just your eyes, when he threatened you, they were really big. It kindda looked like you were scared of him" I teased as he kept a poker face.

"I wasn’t scared he was just … you know what … never mind" he said dismissively as he continued to drive.

I held in the laugh that was building within me before I spoke to him.

"I know you weren’t really scared of him" I said, trying to smooth his bruised ego.

"Blondie doesn’t scare me" he said sternly as I nodded.

"I know babe" I reassured him before letting a silence develop between us.

We drove in silence for the rest of the way.

'We're here” he announced as he pulled up at near a museum. He exited the car before walking to my side to help me out of the car.

"You remembered" I questioned as we walked towards the entrance. He nodded his head as I watched a blush overtake his cheeks.

"You said it was one of the first places you visited when you moved into town so I thought why not make it scene for our first date?" he explained, referring to the museum in the heart of Liverpool that had stolen my heart when I had first moved here.

"Aah Mr. Agger you’re here" the over eager manger announced once we had stepped into the building. "And I see you’ve brought company" he flirted while eyeing me up and down.

Daniel reacted by holding my hand and moving me closer to him.

The manager noticed this but merely shrugged before explaining what would happen.

"Now we’ve got a few new exhibitions that are not due to be shown until next week but because you mentioned how much you liked the pieces here we thought we’d give you a full tour of the museum" he informed us as a smile spread over my lips. "Now shall we start?" the manager asked excitedly as he handed us pamphlets and started showing us the many pieces his museum was currently housing.

.

"Thank you" I said to the waiter who had put down my meal on the table before walking away.

"Great view" Daniel commented as I nodded my head. We were currently enjoying dinner on the roof top of the museum we had been touring for the past hour.

"I was talking about you but this place isn’t so bad" he smirked as I tried to hold in a smile. "You have fun?" he questioned as I nodded my head.

"Not one for words are we today?" he teased before we both laughed.

"It’s just… everything is so breathtaking" I answered back, while picking my words carefully.

"Well at least you know how it feels to be me when I see you" he answered back honestly.

"Daniel…"

"No Callie it’s true. I tried every day with Juelz to convince myself that I had no feelings for you but the more we went on the more I realized how much I love you. I know it’s gonna time some time for us to be a ‘normal’ couple but I’m willing to wait. That’s how much you mean to me" he declared as my heart skipped a beat.

"It won’t be that long of a wait" I teased as he raised an eyebrow, as if silently asking me to explain.

"Patience my dear Daniel. Tonight is going to be a long and worthwhile night" I smirked before digging into my food and playing innocent.

~

Fernando’s POV

"You think we should call them?" Lisa asked as I continued to kiss down her neck.

"Nope. They are both adults and I’m sure they know what they are getting into" I explained as I reattached my lips to the crook in her neck.

"Mmmm" she moaned before the topic of Callie and Daniel came up again. "What if Juelz does something. I mean that girl has a screw loose and she wouldn’t hesitate to hurt them"

"I know babe but I’m pretty sure they can handle themselves. Now can we get back to our night of loving and romancing" I suggested as I began unbuttoning her blouse.

"But Fernando" she began to complain.

"No Lisa. I suggest we do what I know they plan on doing tonight, and this is going back to your room so I can see how good you look with no clothes on" I said seductively.

She gave a laugh before smirking at me and getting off the couch.

"Last to get naked has to be at the bottom" she challenged while taking her clothes off.

We both ran into the bedroom to explore each other bodies, not even worrying about the drama that tomorrow might offer.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...