Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 16: A Glimpse into the Future

Callie’s POV

"You must be glad to finally be going home" Dr. Cox stated as he prepared to start his shift.

"You have no idea. I’ve been here for the past 48 hours and now all I want to do is sleep" I sighed as took a seat on the bench near my locker and prepared to change out of my scrubs.

"Well have a good sleep and I’ll see in a couple of days" he answered before walking out the door.

I nodded at his statement before standing up and walking to the showers, in order to wash of today’s happenings. When my clothes where off and the water was running down my body, I thought back to the past couple of months in my life.

Me and Daniel were relatively settled as a couple. We had officially been dating 6 weeks and I had kinda sorta moved in with him. But that was only because he complained that the house was too big and he got lonely when no one was around. At first a laughed him, calling him a baby but I eventually relented. Only because he worked really really hard to convince me of the benefits that living with him would have.

As for Lisa it had been, give or take, 7 weeks since Juan had gone public with what transpired between them. Apart from the story in the Mail and a well-publicized interview with some trashy T.V. host, he hadn’t done anything else. Maybe that was down to Fernando’s lawyers threatening him with a lawsuit should he continue to tarnish their clients name.

As for Juelz, it’s anybody’s guess where she’s been. For a few days after her break up with Daniel, she was calling and texting me constantly saying she needed to talk to me. But I avoided her like the plague in order to make sure I stayed alive. But after that no one has heard from her. Lisa tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail. So we assumed she didn’t want to talk to any of us; not that we were complaining.

I turned off the shower knob before drying myself and changing into normal clothes. I knew Daniel was in Gregg’s room waiting for my shift to end before taking me home.

I made one final inspection, to make sure I had everything I needed, before closing my locker and walking out into the hallway.

"Does she make you kiss her?" I heard Gregg ask as I walked closer to his room.

"Yeah and just between me and you, I enjoy it" Daniel admitted as a disgusted ‘eww’ left the little boy’s lips.

"Well Mr. Agger I’m glad you enjoy kissing me" I teased as I stood at the doorway.

I watched Daniel blush before he stood up and kissed Gregg on the cheek, his way of saying bye.

"Wanna do anything special?" he questioned once we were sitting in his car and making our way home.

"Sleep, sleep and more sleep" I yawned as he gave me smirk. "Not that kind of sleep pervert" I teased as I laid my head on the head rest.

"Hey don’t blame me if I thought you we talking about sex. We haven’t done it in a while" he said with a shrug as he turned his eyes back onto the road.

My head snapped up at that statement as I glared at him.

"It’s been two days so I have no idea what you’re complaining about" I said before closing my eyes and looking out the window.

He mumbled something about his hand but I ignored him as I thought of my bed and the sleeping I had wishing for since last night.

~

"Callie wake up" Daniel called as he tried shake me out of my slumber.

When we got home I didn’t even have the energy to walk up the stairs, choosing rather to fall asleep on the couch.

"Why? What’s wrong?" I mumbled out as I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to get used to the light.

"It’s just" he began as he rubbed his neck and sat on the couch near my feet. "I wanted to say I’m sorry for earlier"

"You woke me up to tell me you’re sorry?" I yawned as I looked at the clock on the wall that read 2:30 in the morning.

"Yeah. I just didn’t like the way we ended things in the car and now you’re here sleeping on the couch because you don’t want to be near me" he explained and I felt myself blush at how cute he was being.

"Daniel I wasn’t angry with you" I explained as I pulled his face to look at me. "And I didn’t sleep on the couch because I didn’t want to be with you. I slept here because I was too tired to walk up the stairs" I informed him before pulling his lips towards mine and giving him a passionate kiss. "See… I’m not angry because I never would have done that if I was" I explained once our lips were pulled apart. He however reacted by simply pulling my neck towards him in order to reattach or lips.

When we pulled apart I saw a smile on his face and a look of relief wash over him.

"You are amazing you know that?" he stated as I gave him a confused expression. "When Juelz and I used to argue she would sulk for days and only ever forgive me if I bought her something expensive or shiny"

"Well I’m not Juelz and I don’t need shiny things" I informed him as I stood up.

He followed me with his eyes as I went into the kitchen and back, with a glass of orange juice in my hands.

"How do you feel about kids?" he asked unexpectedly as I choked on my juice.

"They are cute" I answered once I had calmed down.

"No I know that. I mean do you want to have kids?"

"Of course I do but I also want to get married first" I explained as I watched him nod his head.

"OK good because that’s what I want" he said as he pulled me in for a kiss. "Just so we are clear how many more months do I have to wait before I can ask you to marry me? Because I’m pretty certain that you’re the one I want to spend the rest of my life with" he admitted as I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"You’ll need my parents’ permission first but a few more months should suffice" I teased as I felt his hands snake their way up my top.

"Really Daniel?" I asked as he pulled me to sit on top of him and started to trail kisses down my neck.

"What? I can’t help it you are irresistible and I always want you" he smirked before attacking my neck again.

"Oh you are such a charmer, so it’s a good thing that we’ll always be together so that you can have me whenever you want me" I answered seductively before he lifted me up and carried me to the bedroom for a night of endless loving.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...