Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 17: We’re having a baby

Callie's POV

"Brrrrggg" Lisa hurled while hunched over the toilet.

We were currently sitting on the bathroom floor of her house, while I was holding her hair back as she continued to vomit.

"I think that’s about it" she joked once she was done, before gulping down water.

"It better be the smell is disgusting" I stated before standing up and walking out of the room and into her bedroom.

Lisa joined me a few minutes later after she had rinsed her mouth and made herself presentable.

We both sat on her bed in silence, waiting for the other to speak.

"So…" I began as I eyed her suspiciously.

"Wow for a doctor you are really slow" she teased as she stood up and heading for the drawer on her side of the bed. She dug in there for a while before emerging with what looked like a photograph. From the smile she had on her face when she turned and walked back to me, I knew what was happening.

"Here you go" she said as she handed me the picture and sat back down next to me.

"I’m gonna be an aunt?" I whispered as I analyzed the little blob in the black and white picture.

I turned to see her nodding her head and with tears in her eyes. I pulled her in to give her a congratulatory hug.

"I’m so happy for you Lis. After everything you’ve been through you deserve this" I rambled as we pulled apart.

"Thanks Callie"

"Does Fernando know" I questioned as she nodded yet again.

"He was so happy to know the reason I had been throwing up was due to the pregnancy rather than death" she joked as we both giggled. "This is the perfect Christmas present for both of us" she mused as she rubbed her non-existent belly.

My mind went numb as I realized that I had completely forgotten that Christmas was just 2 days away. You’d think working in a hospital and surrounded by carollers and the Christmas decorations I’d remember.

"You forgot didn’t you?" my cousin stated, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I gave an embarrassed nod before she sighed.

"It’s a good thing Daniel is such a forgiving boyfriend or he would have never let this go" she continued to tease as a smile broke out at the thought of my first Christmas with my boyfriend.

But before Lisa could ask what I was thinking I turned the attention back to her and the little bundle of joy she was carrying.

"So how far along are you?"

"10 weeks"

"Wow that’s great" I said as I tried to do the math in regards to the day she may have conceived.

"It’s not his Callie so you can stop counting" she stated as I gave her a confused look.

"How did you…"

She laughed before answering.

"I’ve known you your whole life. And anyway after me and Fernando slept together for the first time, I could never bring myself to be intimate with Juan" she declared as I nodded my head.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we both contemplated what her pregnancy meant.

"You know you’re parents are gonna be furious right?" I announced after a few minutes.

"Yep"

"They are probably also gonna hate Fernando for knocking up their little princess"

"I know"

"But you don’t care?" I enquired with a raised eyebrow.

"I do care because they are my parents but I’m done living for them. I’ve sacrificed enough for them but now I’m doing this for me" she said adamantly before standing up. "Now… I’m pregnant and starving. Let’s go get something to eat before I pass out" she exaggerated before collecting her bag.

As she continued to dress for our day out I kept on teasing her about what a drama queen she was and how she was milking her pregnancy for all it was worth.

"You wait until you’re pregnant with Daniel’s first child, then you’ll understand why I do the things I do" she added dramatically before leading me out the bedroom and towards the car, which was parked in her garage.

~

Christmas Eve

"Lourdes stop running" Alex, Steven Gerrard’s wife, yelled at her youngest daughter.

"I’ll get her" Steven offered as her gave a stern look to the little girl who stood still in the middle of the living room.

"He may look scary now but the minute she bats her eyelids he turns to jelly" Alex admitted as we watched him pick up his daughter and head to the kitchen.

Alex and Steven were hosting the Annual Liverpool FC Christmas Eve dinner and me and Daniel were sat on the couch chatting to the captain and his wife.

"You two must be looking forward to having your own little one?" Alex quizzed as we both avoided looking at her.

"Callie are you…" she began but I stopped her.

"No no. It’s just we’ve been talking about having our own little family so it’s just funny that you mentioned it" I assured her but she still eyed me suspiciously, and the fact that I was drinking orange juice didn’t help the matter.

"She’s not pregnant Alex" Daniel added sternly as she shrugged.

We continued to have small talk but we were interrupted by a rather loud Steven, who was standing at the door and trying to get someone to go away.

The conversation between the two continued for a few more minutes, as we all attempted to look over his shoulder to see who he was talking too.

After a few more minutes of chatting, it seemed like the conversation had ended as he turned around, looked directly at Daniel and me before moving out the way to let the uninvited guest in.

I could feel the air knocked out of me as I saw the blonde in the red dress walk in.

"Hello Callie" she greeted while running a hand over her stomach.

I gave her a strained greeting as my eyes continued to look at the bump she was carrying.

"Daniel" she greeted with a wide smile, while his jaw clenched.

"Juelz" he mumbled.

Alex, being the perfect hostess, decided now was the time for the party to move to her garden as she and the rest of the guests walked out to the lawn.

"What are you doing here?" he asked as he balled his right hand into a fist.

"Oh Daniel be nice. I just thought you’d like to meet your unborn son before he was born" she declared before sitting down in the seat Alex had just vacated.

"Wh-what did you just say?" I whispered as I felt my world slowly start to fall apart.

"Me and Daniel are having a baby"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...