Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 18: All I Want For Christmas

It was hard to focus on the road as tears continued to flood my eyes. I had decided to leave the party early after Juelz’s little confession. Daniel had insisted on coming with me but I needed space and to be alone. So I took the car, while he said he’d make a plan on how he’d make his way home.

Home.

"Callie?" Lisa asked surprised as she opened her door after my incessant knocking. Rather than making my way to Daniel’s mansion after my drive, I decided to head to the one person who has never let me down.

"Can I come in?" I begged as I wiped away tears. She nodded her head, will also giving me a suspicions look, before moving out of the way.

She wordlessly went into the kitchen and boiled water in the kettle while I sat on the sofa in her living room.

"Here you go" she said while handing me a hot cup of tea.

"Are you and Fernando planning on moving in together?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. She nodded her head while adding that they were waiting for a new contract to be offered before he moved out of his apartment into a house.

"That’s great. At least one of us is getting a happy ending" I commented before taking a sip of my liquid drink.

"What does that mean?" she quizzed as she turned her body to face me.

"Juelz is pregnant" I announced as I watched her face turn to shock. "It’s Daniel’s baby" I added as a single tear fell down my cheek.

"No. she’s lying" she yelled as I shook my head.

"I worked it out in the car Lis. She’s at least 6 months along, which means she conceived the baby in the last few weeks of her relationship with Daniel. Me and him have only being together less than 5 months and if you add the three weeks between the end of their relationship and the beginning of ours, it all makes sense" I cried as she held me close, letting me cry it out.

"Everything will be fine" she tried reassuring me as she rubbed my back. "You and Daniel will work this out" she added adamantly as I shook my head no on her shoulder.

"No we won’t Lis. When Juelz sets her sights on a man she doesn’t let go until she gets what she wants" I mumbled as my cousin continued to comfort me.

"Listen to me" she demanded as she forced me to sit up straight. "I refuse to let you give up on Daniel and let Juelz win. What you and he share is too beautiful for you to just let it go without a fight" she snapped.

"But…"

"No buts. So what if she gives him his first child? It just means you’ll be responsible for giving him his other four kids" she teased as a smile spread on my lips. "Now stop crying and tidy yourself up. You can stay here for the night but I won’t let you ignore him any longer" she said as she pointed to my phone, that was currently lying on the table and switched off.

I wiped my tears as I took off my shoes and sat in a more comfortable on the couch, while snuggling into Lisa.

"I love him and I refuse to give up on us" I declared as my cousin wrapped an arm around me in encouragement.

~

Daniel’s POV

As much as I wanted to say Juelz was lying I couldn’t because I realized from the size of her bump that there was a possibility that the baby growing inside her could actually be mine.

"Oh I can’t have milk right now. It makes me gassy" Juelz announced as I tried handing her a glass of milk.

Yes she was currently in my house, having breakfast after spending the night. But before you judge me I only did this so we could talk and I could hear everything she had to say.

I moved the glass to my side of the table as I handed her the orange juice.

"Thank you" she said before taking a sip. "So is Callie coming home for Christmas?" she asked as I shrugged. "Don’t tell me you and the good Doctor are fighting?" she smirked as she dug into her breakfast.

"What do you think Juelz? You come into my life after how many months and announce that you are pregnant with my baby. How did you expect her to react?" I snapped before standing up and walking to the sink.

"I didn’t expect her to run away Daniel" she answered innocently. "You’re about to be a father and I think you should be careful about the people you allow near our child” she threatened.

"Callie will be a great mom so you don’t have to worry about her" I shouted before walking out the kitchen and into the living room. As I stomped my way across my house, I stopped when I saw the front door open.

"Callie" I whispered as I took in my beautiful girlfriend, who had obviously been crying.

"Merry Christmas" she greeted as she came closer to hug me. I repeated the sentence as I held her close.

"Merry Christmas Callie" Juelz greeted very loudly, causing her to move away from me.

"Juelz what are you doing here?" she asked as she looked between me and my pregnant ex.

"Daniel invited me to stay the night so we could talk about our baby and the future" she announced as she stood next to me. I watched Callie’s face fall at this action but she stayed strong in order not to show Juelz how sad she was.

"That’s good. It’s great that you two are being so responsible" she whispered as she ran her hands up and down her arms. "Now if you’ll excuse me I need to take a shower" she said as tears began to fill her eyes.

"I’ll come with you" I offered but she shook her head.

"No it’s fine. I’m sure you and Juelz have a lot to talk about" she explained before turning around and walking up the stairs.

When I turned to look at Juelz I saw a smile breaking out and I shook my head, disappointed at her reaction.

"I know what you thinking Juelz but me and you are never gonna happen again. I love Callie and there’s nothing you can do to change that" I announced before walking away to do the dishes.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...