Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 2

Lisa’s POV

"Well good morning to you too" I greeted Juelz as she walked through the door wearing last night’s clothes.

Both Juan and Callie give each other looks, assuming that they knew what happened last night.

"Could you try saying that a little softer? My head is killing me" she moans as she pulls up a chair at the breakfast table.

"Rough night?" Callie asks as she pours her a glass of water.

"Yeah but not in the way you think"

We all raise our eyebrows, encouraging her to continue and she does.

"Well after 3 hours of ridiculous flirting, lots of Martinis and plain boring conversation, Daniel finally took me back to his place"

We all gasp, slightly shocked that she finally got some from Daniel Agger considering how the guy had been blanking for the past 6 months on the social scene.

"It wasn’t that kind of sleepover. I was a little more than tipsy and he didn’t trust me to make it home all by myself so he suggested I spend the night at his" she concluded with a smirk on her face.

We all nod, but before we come up with our own conclusions, she tells the rest of the story.

"Nothing happened though. He let me sleep in his guest bedroom and was long gone by the time I woke up. He left a few pounds on the table for me to call a cab" she added as we all gives each other looks.

"Me thinks Mr. Agger has dealt with too many ladies of the night" Callie intersects as she drinks her juice and me and Juan have to hold our tongues so we don’t laugh.

"Oh shut up Callie. He obviously doesn’t know how to act around me because I’m probably the first real girl he has liked since he’s moved here" Juelz reasons as she stands up and stomps off to her room.

"Look Callie, she didn’t mean that…" I start explaining but Callie shakes her head.

"No it’s fine Lis. I have no right to judge this man and from the glowing reference that Juelz has given he is obviously one of the good guys around here"

Juan snorts at this.

"What?"

"Don’t believe what Juelz says about that guy. I’ve been around enough clubs to know what’s what. These Prem footballers are all the same. They want a good time for one night but none of them are marriage material" Juan announces as his anger begins bubbling up.

"Well it’s a good thing I’m not here to date then?!" she teases trying to defuse the tension that was suddenly in the air.

"Callie…"

"No it’s fine Juan. I know you didn’t mean to yell, so you’re forgiven. And anyway I can’t stay and chat I’m gonna be late for my first day at the hospital" Callie says while excusing herself and walking towards the door.

She smiles while saying goodbye and soon me and Juan are left alone.

"You know you didn’t have to snap at her?" I yell at him as he finishes off his juice.

"I know and I’m sorry. I just thought she should know what kind of people we are surrounded by"

"But she’s not dealing with these people, Juelz is. Callie is smart enough to not to get herself involved with the wrong sort of crowd" I tell him as I start to pack away the dishes.

"He was looking at her, you know. He called us up to so he could speak to her. Juelz is just too caught up in her snag-a-baller mission that she didn’t notice that he only had eyes for Callie"

I nod at Juan statement, knowing very well that he is talking the truth. It didn’t take a genius to realize that Daniel Agger had his sights set on my cousin.

`

"So how was it Dani?" Fernando asks as we are running around the pitch doing laps.

"Huh?" I ask confused at what the Spaniard is referring too.

"Oh don’t play dumb. How was the sex with Juelz? I told you she was a little minx didn’t I?!" he jokes as I roll my eyes.

"Nothing happened" I answer with a shrug as I pick up my running speed, hoping he leaves me alone.

He, however, doesn’t get the hint as he runs faster so he catches up with me.

"What do you mean nothing happened? I saw you leave with her, which can only mean one thing" he explains by using a hand gesture.

I shake my head at his crudeness as I finally stop to look him in the eye.

"Nothing happened between me and her. She was a little tipsy so I took her home, where she spent the night in my guest room and I was gone before she even woke up"

Fernando laughs once I’m finished with the story and starts teasing me about what a wimp I am.

Rather than continuing to stand and listen to his teasing about my inability to seal the deal with Juelz, I run to the changing rooms and change so I’m not late for my appointment.

I arrive at the hospital right on time and I quickly find a parking spot. I make my way up the stairs as I go to the room of one of the kids in the cancer unit.

"Daniel" Gregg screeches when he sees me.

"Hey buddy" I greet him as I walk towards his bed and take a seat near it.

I would have gone in and given him a hug but due to all the tubes and wires that are going through different parts of his body, I know that’s not an option.

"Did you miss me?" Gregg asks once I’ve settled in my seat.

"Not really. I was too busy playing FIFA to miss you" I tease him and he pretends to be angry.

"Well I didn’t miss you either" he tells me as his frown is quickly over taken by a smile.

"Oh yeah"

"Yep" he says with a persistent nod of the head "I have a new friend now"

"Oh really?! The other kids have started speaking to you?" I ask him, knowing how much bullying he has undergone in the Cancer unit of the hospital.

He had been here for almost 2 years and in that time I had never seen him interact with any of the other children. The nurses had mentioned that they thought was this due to him being an orphan but Gregg had always explained the lack of friends being due to him being a leukaemia patient. And since no one wants a friend who is gonna die, they didn’t want to be friends with him.

"No they haven’t but I got a new Doctor today and she’s said we could be friends"

"It’s a she?"

"Yes Daniel. It’s not my fault the ladies find me irresistible" he jokes and I can’t help but burst out into laughter.

"Gregg are you OK?" a frantic Doctor asks as she runs into the room.

"Yes I’m fine" he says with a big smile. "You probably heard the loud noise. It’s all coming from him" Gregg explains as he points to me.

I am left speechless at the Doctor who is standing in front of me, it takes me a while to gather my thoughts but once I do I finally speak.

"Hi I’m Daniel" I say as I stand up from the chair.

She giggles at my introduction before answering.

"I know who you are Daniel Agger. My name is Callie Stevens, Gregg’s doctor"
♠ ♠ ♠
It’s a blah chapter but I needed Callie and Daniel to meet somehow.
To be continued...