Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 19: A Change is Gonna Come

It had been a month since Juelz had announced her pregnancy and despite a few minor squabbles here and there, we had somehow managed to make it work. Of course it’s not like I had a choice because good boy Daniel had decided it would be a good idea to invite her to live with us. An invitation she gladly accepted with no hesitation.

In the few weeks she had been living here there were times when she would try and flirt with Daniel or make suggestive comments but he had not reacted. That made me feel secure and made it easier for me to believe that even if that baby in her belly was his, it wouldn’t harm what we have.

"Come on Callie time to suck it up once again" I told myself as I began to walk down the stairs towards the kitchen.

"Wow that’s feels really good" I heard Daniel comment as I reached my destination. My mind started running away with thoughts as I feared what was happening between them.

"Yeah it’s quite amazing" Juelz added as I reached the kitchen.

The sight that greeted me wasn’t what I expected but that doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt less. That’s because as I stood against the wall and trying to hide away from the two of them, I watched Daniel run his hand all over Juelz’s belly. I stood there for a few minutes watching this picture perfect family moment.

I somehow felt like I was the odd one out but in reality Juelz should be the one in that position but here I was, standing behind a wall and holding back tears as I watched my boyfriend sharing this intimate moment with his baby mama.

"Callie is that you?" Daniel asked after a sob had escaped my lips.

"Yeah" I answered as I quickly wiped away tears and turned to walk into the kitchen. "Morning" I greeted as I headed straight to the refrigerator without even looking at them.

"Sleep well?" Juelz asked as I nodded my head while heading to the sink to collect a glass for the orange juice.

A long silence descended on all three of us as Juelz and Daniel continued to eat breakfast at the table, while I stood against the sink and observed them.

They look like a real family.

After a few more minutes of observing them I cleared my throat in order to get their attention.

"Something wrong babe?" he asked as Juelz rolled his eyes.

"Uhm nothing really. I just wanted to know if you wanted to do anything special today?" I watched him scratch his neck and look at Juelz before answering.

"Actually me and Juelz were gonna fix up the nursery… you can join us if you want?" he offered as I watch Juelz get angry.

"Nah its fine I just go to work and see if I can squeeze in any extra shifts at the hospital. You two enjoy your bonding session" I answered lamely before putting my glass in the sink and speed walking out of that room. Daniel quickly followed me out and waited until my coat was on before speaking.

"Callie are you OK?" he questioned once I refused to look him in the eye.

"I’m fine Daniel"

"Don’t lie to me… please” he begged as I finally looked him in the eye.

I hate the fact that Juelz is here and pregnant with your baby. I wanted to be the mother to your first born but since I’m not I have to deal with this bitch, who I know will do anything in her power to have you back. Oh and by the way I’ve been offered a chance to work for Doctors without Borders for the next six months, a position I would normally say no to but since I feel like the odd one out in this little situation, I am seriously considering the offer.

Was what my brain wanted to say but instead I took the easy way out.

"I swear Daniel I’m fine. There’s been some things going on at work but I guarantee everything will work itself out" I lied as he stood still to observe my face.

"Are you sure?" he asked is if he didn’t believe me.

No

"Yes. Now if you’ll excuse me" I told him before walking out the door, without even kissing him goodbye.

I kept a straight face until I got to my car and once I was in there I let the tears fall until I felt myself begin to hyperventilate.

I have to be strong. I kept repeating to myself but deep down I knew that my breaking point was near in regards to the situation I was finding myself in.

~

Lisa’s POV

"So how’s the pregnancy been treating you?" Alex asked as we sat out in her yard.

I rubbed my hand over my almost 5 month belly before answering her.

"It’s good most of the time. It’s just the cravings that I’m struggling to get a hold of" I admitted as she nodded her head in understanding.

"If I were you I’d just eat everything in sight and not worry about a single pound" she admitted as I let out a laugh. "And anyway you’re allowed to indulge as much as you want considering how much your ex has put you through"

I gave a nervous nod at this before taking a sip of my grape juice.

"How are that going?" she asked after a few minutes. I cranked my neck to make sure Fernando wasn’t nearby before I gave her an answer. "Until a few days ago it had been going fine and I hadn’t heard from Juan since that story in the paper broke" I confessed as she shook her head in understanding. "But then a couple of days ago I received a package in the mail that continued some of my pictures"

"Oh well that’s nothing. I get creepy mail like that all the time"

I shook my head no to indicate she was misunderstanding what I was saying. “These aren’t pervert old men pics Alex. They are naked pictures..of me” I informed her as a gasped escaped her lips.

"How did he…"

"Early in our relationship we were fooling around with a camera that he got for free and he suggested that we take a few nudes. Obviously I said yes because, come on, he is, was, my boyfriend and what harm could come off it" I explained at tears started to form.

"I guess now you’re figuring out what the harm is?" she questioned as I nodded in agreement. "Does Fernando know?"

"No and I can’t tell him because he is already under so much stress because of his contract negotiations and the rumors that Chelsea want him" I explained as she took a deep breath.

"I think you should tell him" she said after a while and I shook my head no. "Listen Lisa, if Juan is as sneaky as I assume he is. He’ll find a way to leak this to the press and that will just hurt Fernando more. He’ll want to know why you never said anything and that’s just gonna cause a fight between the two of you when you don’t need that kindda stress" she added while looking down at my bump.

"I know I should tell him but I’m afraid" I admitted as she came closer to me and held me.

"I know honey but when it comes to situations like these; honesty is always the best policy" she advised as I shook my head in agreement on her shoulder.

"Fernando had his lawyers ban him from talking about us" I told her as an afterthought.

"I hate to break it to you Lis" she began as she removed me from her embrace and forced me to look straight at her "Juan doesn’t fear the law because he has already lost the most important thing to him; you. I’m sorry but the guy looks like he is willing to do anything to hurt you as much as you hurt him" she noted as tears once again broke out.

Alex pulled me into another embrace as she continuously told me how things would work out. Yet somehow I couldn’t believe her, as I felt deep down inside that things were only gonna get worse before getting better.

~

Steven’s POV

"NO" I yelled at Fernando, as he sat on the chair and continued to explain why he wanted to move away from the club, away from me.

“Steven listen” he asked as he stood in front of me to stop my pacing. “I know you think I’m being idiotic but I need this. I think the time has come for me to move on and cut my losses with the club” he continued to explain as I shook my head in refusal.

"Why would you wanna leave this place? Your girlfriend is settled her and so are you. So please explain to me why?" I snapped angrily before he took a deep breath and started to explain.

"I know we’re settled her but being happy isn’t all there is to it. I want to win things"

"You could still do that if you stayed"

"No I can’t. We both know that. The club is dysfunctional right now and I can’t be around that. I need to be in an environment where I’m guaranteed to win" he explained before walking back and sitting on a chair. "I know you don’t understand because this is your club and your colors but the point of me moving away from Spain, away from home, was so I could win things. I’ve been here 3 years and the closest I’ve come to that is finishing runner-up to the Mancs in the league last year” he sighed.

"Is that all there is to it Nando?" I questioned as I watch him shake his head no.

"I’m worried about Lisa. This thing with Juan, I know it scares her and living in the same city with him will only make that fear worse. I can’t have her living like that. I refuse to raise my family in an environment of fear"

"The club would protect you. We’ll get round the clock security to look after both of you" I began to bargain but that didn’t seem to affect Torres.

"That’s not enough Stevie. I need a complete and clean break from this place" he admitted as I felt myself get angry. "I appreciate what the club and especially you have done for me but it’s best for me to leave Merseyside and Liverpool” he stated before standing up and walking towards me to shake my hand.

I looked at it for a few seconds before deciding to attach it with my own in order to shake it.

Goodbye.

I thought as he walked to the door.

"Torres wait" I called before he left. He turned around and looked me dead in the eye before I spoke again. "Just so you know when you put on that Chelsea blue you are just as much of an enemy to me as the Mancs" I announced as I watched him nod his head in agreement before turning back around and walking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...