Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 25: Making Plans for Daniel

"Good morning" I greeted Lisa as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Morning babe" she answered as she moved her head up to kiss me. Yes I know we still hadn’t brushed our teeth but I didn’t care because 4 weeks after leaving London for Hawaii Lisa was finally back home.

"I missed that" she commented as we pulled apart. I nodded in agreement before crawling out of bed and walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth. She followed me in as we both went about our daily routine in a comfortable silence.

"Have you heard from Juan lately?" she questioned over breakfast and my back stiffened before I answered not since our meeting.

"Oh maybe that’s a good thing" she added as I kept quiet. "Callie called me while I was away" she admitted after a few more minutes of silence.

"Oh yeah?! What did she want?" I asked grateful for the change of subject.

Lisa cleared her throat before answering.

"She’s met someone new" she admitted as I raised eyebrow. "They are taking things slow but she’s got a good feeling about him. There aren’t any crazy exes lurking in the picture" she tried to joke unsuccessfully. "Say something please, because I didn’t know how to react to the news" Lisa pleaded as I racked my brain for an answer that would please her.

"I’m happy for her" I finally blurted out as she gave me a shocked look. "OK fine I’m not happy. Maybe deep in the back of my mind I was hoping by some miracle her and Daniel would get back together again. But seeing as how he is insistent on playing happy families with Juelz, I agree with her decision to move on" I admitted as Lisa gave a reluctant nod.

"It’s kinda funny how she came to England to get away from man drama but that would also be the reason she left here" she commented as I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell.

"I’ll get it" I said as I stood up and walked to the front door. When I opened it I was surprised to see who was standing behind it.

"Steven" I croaked out as he gave me a blank in.

"Firstly it’s Captain to you Torres. Secondly are you gonna let me in or do I need to push you out of the way?" he asked before I voluntarily moved out of the way.

"Good morning gorgeous" he greeted Lisa, as he walked into the kitchen.

"Steven what are you doing here?" she asked as she hugged him before inviting him to sit in the seat I had just vacated.

"I was in the neighborhood and I just thought I’d visit my favorite couple" he answered as we both looked at him with open mouths. "OK I’m lying, Alex has some photo shoot today so I decided to tag along but I couldn’t stay because one of the guys were getting to touchy-feely with me" he admitted as we both laughed. "Now Torres make me some breakfast while me and you girlfriend catch up" he demanded as I turned around to make him a plate of food.

While the two of them discussed what Lisa had gotten up to in Hawaii, I continued to make him food. Once I was done I put his plate in front of him before taking a seat next to Lisa at the table.

"You both seem more relaxed than the last time I saw you together" Steven commented as we continued to talk.

"Yep" Lisa answered with a smile as she rubbed her almost 7 month belly. "We haven’t heard from Juan in almost a month, so I’m taking it as a good sign that our problems are finally over" she added as me and Steven exchanged glances.

"Oh really. Why do you say that?" he quizzed.

"Ever since Fernando talked to him he hasn’t harassed us so that can only mean they fixed things right?!" she said with a smile as he shrugged.

"Yep. You’re problems have been permanently fixed” Steven added as I glared at him. He gave me a blank look before turning his attention back to Lisa. “Heard from your doctor cousin lately?” he asked and she and I exchanged looks. She answered yes before he asked how she’s been.

"Good. Cambodia has been treating her better than expected" she answered without looking at him.

"Oh Hell No" he yelled as he stopped eating.

"Don’t tell me the good doctor has found herself a new guy?" he asked in surprise as we both nodded her head yes.

"Dammit" he cursed. "Daniel has really lost her for good hasn’t he?!" he noted as we both gave him puzzled looks. "Oh don’t act surprised. You both know you are waiting for Juelz to pop that baby out so you can prove that it isn’t Daniel. And once that’s done he and Callie could finally get it together and live happily ever after" he ended as we both held in laughs.

"Didn’t take you for a Disney fan Gerard" I teased as he glared at him.

"Shut up Torres. I’ve got 3 daughters of course I’m gonna know the stuff" he justified as I continued to laugh. "And I don’t know why you are acting that like you don’t want Callie and Daniel back together" he challenged as I stopped laughing.

"Look I do. I know we all do. But we have to face facts. Juelz is pregnant with what might actually be his baby. I doubt she’d keep up this charade for this long if it wasn’t his" I stated as they both nodded in agreement.

"But let’s say that brat isn’t his?" Steven suggested as Lisa moved uncomfortably in her chair.

"We can’t think like that Steven because if we do, then both Callie and Daniel have sacrificed so much for nothing" she chirped in.

"And anyway Daniel is a good guy. Even if that kid isn’t his he’ll probably offer to help Juelz raise it" I noted as I thought back about how unselfish Daniel was.

"Over my dead body will he" Steven snapped. "Once that kid is out of that witches belly, it’s getting a DNA test proving once and for all that it’s not his. And once that’s over with him and Callie will be together" he said confidently.

"Well good luck with all of that" Lisa commented dismissively.

"I don’t need luck Lisa. I’m a man of action and now that yours and Judas’ problem is now solved it’s time to make sure that Daniel gets his problem solved as well" he announced before turning back to his food and silently thinking up a plan.

~

Juelz’s POV

"You OK?" Daniel asked for the fifth time in the past five minutes. I rolled my eyes at his question before saying yes. Does he always have to be so annoying? “Jeez I’m sorry for asking. You just looked uncomfortable and I was worried” he snapped before standing up off the sofa we were currently cuddling on.

"I’m sorry" I said before he got very far. "I’m feeling weird but I just don’t know what’s wrong" I explained as I gave him and apologetic smile. He nodded his head before walking back to the sofa and returning the position we were sitting in.

That’s better.

As we kept on watching the stupid game between Real Madrid and Barcelona my mind continue to race with thoughts of my son’s upcoming birth. Yes you heard me right, my son. Even though I had somehow convinced Daniel into thinking I was carrying his spawn, I wasn’t a 100% sure that the child was his. It’s not like I was a slut or anything when me and Daniel were together but there was an occasion, once, when I had done the dirty with someone at the a club. The guy in question being Juan.

Yes I know. I’m disgusting but if you knew the history between me and him you’d know why I somehow always found myself back in his arms and bed.

We had met in high school. He was a geek with ridiculous sex appeal but I refused to commit to him because really, imagine me being the partner of some I.T. nerd. Hell no. Despite my reluctance to be in a relationship with him we remained friends with benefits. That situation continued into his relationship with Lisa and despite him acting like he hated me to her, the situation between the sheets was very different.

The situation only changed when me and Daniel got together. I had decided to concentrate all my attention to making this work, more importantly getting him to see that I would make the perfect wife for a top class footballer like him. But after his knee injury things changed. He was moody and I was stuck nursing him rather that enjoying the lifestyle of a WAG that I so badly craved and worked hard to earn. So one night after a fight I decided to go out to have some fun. I found Juan at the club, having had 2 drinks, he wanted some release, so we went to the back of the clubs alley, and got it on before he went home to the loving arms of Lisa while I continued to dance the night away. When I felt I had had enough I cabbed it to the little apartment me and Juan had purchased, spent the night there before coming back to Daniel.

2 months after mine and Daniel’s break up, and 3 missed periods later, I went to the doctor who confirmed what I had already suspected. I was definitely with child but whose it was I still didn’t know.

"Juelz…" Daniel called out to me with panic evident in his voice.

"Yeah what’s wrong?" I questioned as my lower half felt weird.

"Uhm…Why is you skirt wet?" he asked in a panicked voice as I looked down to see what he was talking about.

Oh My Gosh.

I held in a breath of air as I realized what had happened while I was day dreaming.

"My water just broke" I whispered out as Daniel nodded.

"I’m about to be a father" he repeated as he stood up and told me to remain calm while he went to take care of everything.

Yes Daniel you are about to be a father. No matter what it takes I’ll make sure that this baby turns out to be yours.

I assured myself as he carried me to the car and prepared to drive me to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...