Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 26: Juelz Gives Birth

"OK we need a wheel chair" Daniel said aloud to nobody in particular as we walked into the hospital. He was fussing over me the entire ride here and I came very close to slapping him because he was working my last nerve.

"There’s one" I snapped angrily as I eyed up the seat that was in the corner. He ran to collect it before coming back to me and instructing me to sit down. Once I was relatively comfortable he wheeled me to the reception area where a nurse stood around filling papers.

"Uhm excuse me miss…" Daniel asked politely as another contraction shot through me.

"No don’t be polite to her. Hey lady can’t you see that I’m in pain here? Can you find us a room so I can get this thing out of me NOW" I yelled as her eyes grew to the size of saucers.

"Of course" she said nicely as she went behind my chair and wheeled me to a room. Daniel followed, silently, behind me as we made our way to my room. The nurse gives me a gown to change into before strapping me to wires and things that I didn’t understand, in order to make sure my vitals are all in order. Once she was done doing this she told me that despite my painful contractions I’m still not ready to give birth so I should just get comfortable because my body will let me know when it’s ready to release my son. When she finished stepped out of the room, with a promise to check in regularly on me.

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asked once we are alone again. I rolled my eyes at his idiotic question before mumbling that I’m fine. He looked completely shocked at my reaction and answer but rather than continue to torture me by hovering over me he asked to be excused, as he has to make a few phone calls.

I didn’t acknowledge his leaving my room as my brain kept thinking of ways to guarantee that this baby was his. There is no way in hell I’m losing him again.

`

Daniel’s POV

"I hear what you’re saying Daniel but I don’t understand why I should care?" Steven states as I tell him what is happening.

I’m not really surprised at his reaction considering he has never been fond of Juelz. Especially not after what happened between the two of them a couple of years ago.

"I know you aren’t Juelz biggest fan Stevie but it would mean a lot to me if my friends where here to support me as I go through this” I plead as he grunts over the phone.

"You’re a bitch ass Agger but don’t worry I’ll round the troops and we’ll be there for that bast… for that child’s birth" he relents as I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Steven this means a lot" I admit before he starts ranting about what a wuss me and Fernando are. Normally I would have listened to his rant and agreed with everything he said but my attention was drawn away from what he was saying when I saw two figures walking towards me.

"Steven see you soon bye" I spoke hurriedly before hanging up and turning my full attention to the two people in front of me.

"You should be ashamed of yourself Daniel" my mother snaps as she wags a finger at me.

I’m momentarily rendered speechless as I try to understand what they are not only doing in Liverpool but here, in the hospital where their first grandchild will be born. Considering I haven’t said anything about the situation I currently find myself in, I try to think how they found out about today’s happenings.

"Say something" my mother demands.

"Uhm…Uhh… What…How did you guys know I was here?" I manage to stammer out.

"You certainly didn’t tell us" she snaps as I bow my head in disappointment. "But that’s not important. A nurse called us to tell us that your friend has checked in because she’s in labor"

I nod my head at her explanation even though I’m still surprised that a nurse would inform my parents considering I haven’t given their contact details.

"Now enough about that. Where is that young lady that’s about to give birth to a new Agger?" my dad smiles, in an attempt to defuse the tension between my mother. I take my mother’s hand and lead them to Juelz’s room as I think up a way to explain this entire situation to my parents.

When we walked into the room Juelz was watching some entertainment channel and had a smile plastered on her face. I turned to it to see why she’s so happy. The top story was about her and the upcoming birth. I rolled my eyes before walking up to the TV and switching it off. She opened her mouth to protest but when she saw that we had company she puts on her best smile as I introduced her to my parents.

"Juelz these are my parents, Haley and Nicolas Agger" I said stiffly as my mother gave her a strained smile.

"It’s nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you" my dad said politely as he walked towards her bed and shook her hand.

When did I tell you anything about her? I thought as my parents and Juelz made small talk. Never once have I talked to my parents about her or the baby we were about to have. So where are they getting all this information about us and her?

"Knock knock Agger" Steven sang as both me and my dad turned to look at him. For a second he looked completely shocked by my dad presence but he quickly regained his composure and walked up to him and greeted him like they were old friends.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

"Steven like always it’s a pleasure" my mom beamed as she gives him a kiss on the cheek. Lisa, Fernando and Alex did likewise as they walked into the room. Once all the greetings were done, we all turned our attention back to Juelz.

"So any closer to getting that thing out of you yet?" Steven asked rudely as both Juelz and I glared at him. He merely shrugged his shoulders as he waited for her answer.

"Not yet. But lucky for me I’m very patient" she answered sweetly as Fernando coughed. Thankfully at that moment the nurse walked in to check on Juelz. She lifted up the bed sheet as she looked down at her nether regions before a small smile broke out on her face.

"Well Ms. Stevens is looks like that baby is ready to be born" she said as a look of relief washed over her face.

"Thank goodness" Steven said loudly before suggesting that everyone apart from me leave the room. Before he walked out he moved towards me and wished me luck, then went up to Juelz bed and smiled at her. We were both thrown by this gesture but said nothing as he walked out and left us behind.

Following a few minutes of preparations by the doctor and his assistants, Juelz was induced and ready for labor.
.
.
.
You hear many horror stories about woman who give birth and are completely unstable during that process; Juelz was not one of those women. In fact throughout the whole process she was rather calm and apart from a curse here and there, her birthing process was relatively undramatic.

"And here we are" Dr. Cox said as held my son after one final push. "A beautiful baby boy" he announced as he handed him to the nurses so he could get cleaned up. In the meantime an assistant helped Juelz freshen up before giving our son back.

"He is beautiful" a nurse gushed before putting him in her arms.

"He is isn’t he?" Juelz teared up as she laid him on her chest. I watched the scene play out as I tried to adjust to the fact that I was now officially a father.

"Would you like to hold him?" she asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded yes before taking him in my arms and fully understanding what had just happened.

"Do you already have a name for him?" the nurse asked as I looked at the perfect human being that was my son.

"Yes" Juelz croaked out as she sat up straight. "Daniel Agger Jnr" she announced as I smiled.

What more proof did I need that this was my son?! I thought as realization hit me that Juelz had been honest from the beginning. Not even she would be so cruel as to name him after me if he wasn’t my son. I reasoned as I continued to pepper his face with kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...