Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 27: Juelz and Her Baby

"Don’t you go ruining this moment for him" Alex scolded as we made our way back to the waiting area, after having gone to the canteen to get snacks.

"I’m not ruining anything. I’m saving him" I assured her as she rolled her eyes before stopping and forcing me to look at her.

"Listen here Steven. I know we have history with her and that causes our blatant distrust of her but do you honestly think she’d be putting Daniel through so much if that kid wasn’t his?" she questioned as I rubbed my neck.

"Exactly! Now stop seeing the worst in her and realize she may actually love him and be telling the truth" she pleaded as she held my hand. "Now let’s get back there and be happy for both of them" she commanded as we walked back to the area near Juelz’s room. Since we still weren’t given permission to visit; me, Alex, Torres, Lisa and Agger’s folks sat around and discussed the baby.

"You two must be excited about your first grandchild" Lisa asked as she rubbed her belly.

"Of course we are sweetie. We just wished the circumstances were different" his mother said sadly as I bowed my head knowing exactly what she meant.

The rest of the group exchanged glances, as if not knowing how to react.

"But don’t get me wrong I’m very happy that Daniel is a father" his mother continued in attempt to reassure us.

"We both are" his dad added as he held his wife’s hand.

"Are you sure it’s even his?" I blurted out as Alex glared at me but I pretended I didn’t notice it.

"It has to be right?! I mean what sick person would put a man through all of this if it wasn’t his kid?" his mother stated, as if not only trying to reassure us but also herself.

Juelz would.

"Yeah you are probably right. She wouldn’t be that cruel" I attempted to reassure her just as Daniel walked out of the room. He had the biggest smile on his face as he walked towards us.

"It’s a boy. We are naming him Daniel. He is so beautiful. Oh my goodness I’m a dad" he said hurriedly as we all smiled at him. "Oh you guys can come in and look at him. I’m sure Juelz won’t mind" he added as he turned around and walked back into the room. The ladies as well as Daniel’s dad quickly followed behind him as me and Fernando stayed behind.

"What?!" I snapped as he eyed me suspiciously.

"You changed your mind about Daniel being the father?" he asked slightly taken aback.

I shook my head no as I finally admitted what I had done.

"I talked to one of the nurses that’s taking care of the kid. They are doing a paternity test as we speak" I announced as he started back in shock.

"Ho…How did you manage to do that?" he questioned.

"It’s a long story but everything is legal. In a couple of weeks we should know if that kid is Agger’s" I shrugged as Fernando opened and closed his mouth repeatedly. "Say what you want to say Torres and stop acting like a fish" I snapped.

"When you get these results, how are you gonna explain to Daniel what you did?"

"When I get them and it turns out the kid is his, he won’t ever know about what I’ve done" I explained as I began walking towards the room. However Torres stopped me in my tracks as he asked me a question.

"And what if the results come back negative and Daniel isn’t the father?"

I turned back to look him dead in the eye before answering.

"If that’s the case Juelz will rue the day she decided to come back to Liverpool to mess with yet another stable family" I threatened before walking into the room and pretending that nothing was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...