Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 28: Truth Be Told

"Daniel can you pass me his bottle?" I asked as I tried to settle Junior down.

He had been restless for the past few hours and with Daniel set to leave for training in less than 30 minutes I knew that this situation was only get worse.

Daniel handed me the bottle, while still rubbing his eyes, before eyeing me up.

"You sure you don’t want me to hold him?" he offered as I shook my head no. He shrugged his shoulders before walking out the room. I wasn’t really surprised at his reaction considering that in the two weeks since his birth Junior always cried whenever he went anywhere near him.

It’s like Junior wasn’t comfortable with Daniel holding him or something. Which is crazy considering that Daniel was his father. No there’s no way that his reacting this way because he feels anything. Junior is just a baby and a fussy one at that, I assured myself before standing up off the stool and walking around the kitchen in an effort to calm him down.

Me and Daniel should discuss our relationship and where we go from here, I thought as Junior’s wails began to subside. Maybe now that his son is here he can forget that stupid 2 year waiting plan before he marries and actually get on one knee and propose as soon as possible. I’ll bring it up with him when he gets home. Give him an ultimatum that if he didn’t get serious about us, me and Junior would leave.

Yes, tonight would be the night that our relationship changed. Tonight all my hard work would pay off

*

Stevie’s POV

"Someone has the tell-tale signs of a being a new dad" Jamie teased as we continued to warm down at the end of training. The whole squad laughed as we watched Daniel let out another yawn, while I just shook my head in disappointment.

Not just at how these grown men where acting but also at how much Daniel was putting himself through for a kid that wasn’t even his.

Yes, you heard right Daniel Agger Junior is in fact not an Agger.

The results were delivered to me yesterday and since then I have spent every waking minute trying to think how I’m gonna break it to him. Of course the obvious choice would be to yell ‘I told you so’ but considering I have a heart I know that’s not an option. I could sit him down and break it to him but why should I be the one to break the news when I’m not the one tricking him?

That bitch Juelz should be the one to tell him the truth and watch his heart break considering it’s her fault all of this is happening. Man that woman has no conscious. How she can just easily break up families and relationships without a care in a world is beyond me. I should have gotten rid of her when I had the chance.

"Steven mate you OK?" Lucas asked as he eyed me up. "You’ve been rather silent" he questioned as I rolled my eyes.

"Ever heard the saying that if you don’t have anything to say shut up" I snapped as everyone looked at me.

"Uhm that’s not what people say" Martin correct.

"Well I’m saying it now" I ended before standing straight and looking at the gaffer to see if training had ended. When he nodded I walked my way to the dressing room, still thinking about how to deal with the Agger situation.

I showered and got dressed in record time as I decided that telling Daniel about Junior would have to be Juelz’s issue, I just needed to confront her with the truth before Daniel got home. I turned back to my locker as I collected my belonging when a text from my mobile stopped my actions.

We need to talk. Lol Haley

Read the text from Daniel’s mother. I had to scoff at the end because she assumed that ‘lol’ stood for lots of love.

"Well at least you’ve still got your sense of humor" Agger teased as he stood next to me.

My smile instantly dropped at that comment as I looked at him.

"Can I help you?"

"Uhm yeah. I was wondering if you could come around later. You haven’t met Junior properly and I thought it would be nice if he finally got to meet his Godfather" he said as I shook my head no.

"I can’t come over and I’m not that kids Godfather" I snapped before collecting my bags and walking out.

I felt everybody’s eyes on me when I made that comment but I had to be rude to Daniel about this. I refuse to act like everything was OK, when that was the furthers thing from the truth. I had to be short and rude with him because I refuse to let myself be the one person in his life who lies and pretends everything is good when it’s not. Now all I need to do is find time to actually tell him the truth.

But that would have to wait as headed to my car and made my way to the house we had rented for the Agger’s while they were in town.

Oh did I not mention that?

As much as Daniel thought his parents had made a dash from Denmark to England for the birth of their grandson, they didn’t. They were already in the country for a few weeks and were kept up to date with all of Daniel’s happenings considering that he wasn’t willing to tell them anything.

I got to the house in 20 minutes and hoped out the car and walked up the driveway to knock on the door.

"Aah you’re here" his father greeted me as I walked in. "How many times must we tell you to just walk in and not knock. It’s not like there’s anyone else who comes by to visit" he admitted as we walked into the living room where his wife was seated. I looked down at the table that was adorned with an assortment of sweet food that my diet did not definitely allow for.

Screw that I’ll go on a diet tomorrow, I swore as I took a cup cake and sat down on the sofa.

"Well don’t keep us in suspense. What did the test say?" Haley questioned once I had finished my cupcake. I gave her a sorry smile and she instantly understood what I meant.

"I can’t believe this" Nicolas whispered as his wife wiped tears of her cheeks. "Now Steven are you absolutely sure that he is not the father?" he pleaded as I nodded my head.

"The nurse sent the samples to two different labs and they both came back with the same result" I explained as they shook their heads in disappointment.

"How are we gonna explain this to Daniel. He is so happy about being a father" his mother cried after a few minutes of silence.

"I don’t think that should be our issue to deal with" I announced as they looked back at me and waited for an explanation. "I mean Juelz is the one behind all of this right? So shouldn’t she be the one to explain why she lied but more importantly who the real father is" I added as they both nodded their heads in agreement.

"Is this why you and Callie wanted us to fly out here? Because you thought she was lying?" Haley asked once she was calm.

"Yes" I answered honestly. "Callie had her doubts because Juelz wasn’t exactly an innocent girl but she still wanted Daniel to have some support if something like this were to happen" I explained. "She loves… loved your son very much and even though they aren’t together anymore she would do anything to protect him and ensure his happiness" I continued as I told them about some of the things Callie did to protect Daniel; including asking a few Doctors and nurses at the hospital she worked at run a paternity test on Juelz’s baby once he was born. She made sure everything was taken care off before going to Cambodia and trying to start her life all over again.

"And you Steven? Why are you doing this and why did you help her?" Nicolas asked as I prepared to tell him the truth about what I didn’t trust Juelz.

"Because I know the depths that woman will go through to get what she wants. A couple of years ago she stalked my wife and led her to believe I was having an affair. One night after a big fight between me and Alex I went drinking and Juelz happened to be there. I was flat out drunk but she continued to flirt with me. The next morning I woke up in her apartment with a massive hangover and she had massive bruises all over her body. When I asked her what happened she said I’d forced myself on her and hit her when she said no" I took a deep breath before continuing the story.

"Once I had digested what she said I tried to talk to her and find out what she meant but Juelz would hear none of it and soon the police where knocking at her door and arresting me for rape and assault. Juelz went to every media outlet and sold her sob story about what happened that night while my life fell apart. Alex left me; the club suspended me until the case was resolved and every time I walked down the street people looked at me like I was some sort of criminal. Juelz meanwhile was living the high life; magazine interviews, VIP invites and front row seats at fashion shows. At the height of the drama she came to visit me at home and made me a deal. If I left Alex and started dating her, she’d tell the cops that this was a misunderstanding and it was just a tiff between a cheating couple. I flat out refused her idea and instructed my lawyers to use any means necessary to find out the truth about what happened that night. Needless to say the truth did eventually come out and my name was cleared. Juelz left town for a while but didn’t resurface until a few months before her and Daniel hooked up" I breathed out as I ended my story.

I watched his parent’s jaws drop to the floor as they took in everything I had just said.

"Di…did Daniel know all of this before he started dating her?" his mom stammered out.

"Yes he did but one thing you should know about Juelz, when she has her sights set on something she doesn’t give up until she gets it" I informed them as they continued to process all this new information.

"Well I can see that now" his mom said as she stood up and went to the kitchen. While she was gone me and Nicolas talked about what would happen now.

"We have to tell him about the baby" he instructed as I nodded. "Tonight" he said determinately.

"But ho…How would we even begin to explain things?" I questioned. He merely shook his head dismissively before standing up and forcing me to do the same.

"Like you said this isn’t our truth to tell it Juelzs’. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be there to support Daniel when she does" he said as he walked up to the coat hanger and put on his shoes. His wife walked back into the room at that moment with a surprised look on her face.

"What’s going on?" she asked as he husband walked to her and started putting her coat on her.

"We are about to save our son. Now Steven go start the car, I need to get a few things from the kitchen" his dad demanded as I walked out of the house with a smile on my face.

The bitch is about to go down.