Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 3 - Don’t Mess with my man

Lisa’s POV

"Busted" I said as I watched Callie attempt to sneak into the house.

"Lisa" she breathed, shocked to see me there. "What are you still doing up?"

"I’ll be asking the questions here young lady" I teased and she let out a breath. "Where have you been?"

"I was having dinner with a friend"

"What kind of friends do you have that eat at 11pm?"

"Dinner started at 9. Time just flew by" she explained as we made our way into the kitchen.

"Tea?" I asked and she nodded.

I made my way to the cupboards, pulled out two mugs and walked to the kettle to switch it on.

Once the water came to a boil, I poured the liquid into the two cups and handed Callie hers as I took a seat at the kitchen counter.

"Is this the same friend that’s been keeping you up late for the past 3 nights?" I questioned as her eyes grew in size.

She nodded before she started to apologize.

"I’m so sorry Lis. I didn’t mean to be such a rebel but with my day shifts the only time I get free is after 6 and…" she started rambling and I stopped her.

"You don’t have to apologize to me. You’re an adult and can hang out way past curfew" I joked so she didn’t feel awkward.

"So who is he?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

She opened and closed her mouth a few times trying to find the answer.

"Don’t even try lying to me" I continued as a slight blush took over her cheeks.

"It’s the guy from the club. Daniel something"

"Agger? You’re dating Daniel Agger?" I said a little too loudly.

"No I’m not dating him. We are just friends"

"I bet you are" I shot back with a roll of the eyes.

"It’s true Lis. You know I’m not looking for love and considering how Juelz feels about him I’d never try anything" she justified.

"I know you wouldn’t. It’s just that these people…" I began but she interrupted me.

"I know what you think about them but he is different" she reasoned and I raised an eyebrow.

"It’s true Lis. That guy is nothing like Juan says. He has been a complete gentleman, hasn’t made one inappropriate move and he has a good heart"

"Oh yeah?!" I questioned sceptically "And how do you know about his golden heart?" I questioned as she began telling me the story of the day they formally introduce themselves.

"It’s nice to meet you Callie" I said as I continued to hold her hand longer than necessary.

"You guys can stop touching now" Gregg said, referring to our hands.

We immediately broke apart as she moved closer to his bed.

"Are you feeling OK?" she asked as she checked his monitor as well as his file.

"Yep I’m great especially now that you’re here" He flirted and I felt slightly jealous.

"Gregg do you still want to play cards?" I asked in an attempt to him to stop looking at her.

"No not anymore" he answered without looking at me.

"But…"

"You should play Gregg. Interact with someone other than me today" she interrupted.

"But I love interacting with you" he continued.

"And I you but you’re friend Daniel came here especially to see you so maybe you can hang with him for a while?" she bargained and despite looking disappointed he agreed as he pulled the cards from his drawer.

"I’ll check on you later" she said while looking at both of us before leaving.

We played for a couple of hours before Callie came back, this time dressed in normal clothes rather than her doctor scrubs.

"Hey" she called to Gregg "I’m done for the day so I’m heading out"

"So soon?" he whined

"Yeah. I’m sorry buddy but I promise to see you tomorrow" she told him and he nodded his head.

"Well I guess this is goodbye" she said referring to both of us

"Uhm actually visiting time is over for me" I lied as I grabbed my jacket and stood up.

Gregg opened his mouth to protest but I shot him a quick bye as I followed Callie out the room.

"So he seems to like you?" she said with a smile.

"Well I’m a pretty likeable guy" I teased and she rolled her eyes. "I can prove it if you don’t believe me?" I challenged.

"And how are you going to do that?"

"Follow me and find out" I said as I took her hand and walked her towards my car, once we got out of the elevator.

`

"And then he took me to dinner at some pub. We’ve been meeting there for the past few nights. Just to talk and hang out. Nothing more" Callie concluded with a smile.

"Do you like him?" I asked and she flinched.

"I…"

"The next words out of your mouth better be NO" Juelz said as she appeared into the kitchen.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, surprised to see her.

"I needed a glass of water" she answered as she turned to Callie. "I don’t know what’s happening with you and Daniel but I’m telling you now to stop it. He is my man and I don’t need you throwing yourself at him" she threatened as she poured water into her glass.

"Juelz…" I began

"No Lisa, your cousin is new around her but she has a few things to learn. The first being that you don’t flirt with a man that already belongs to someone else" she announced dramatically before turning around and going back to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...