Status: On-going

Better in Time

Epilogue

2 years later

"You look amazing" Steven said as I looked in the mirror at my wedding dress.

"Thanks Stevie" I blushed as I did a few touch ups before my wedding to Daniel.

Yes, me and Daniel were now getting married. 4 years after we met and 2 years into our 2nd attempt at being a couple we finally got ourselves together and decided that we’d love to live forever as man and wife.

Steven was patiently waiting for me to leave the room before he walked me down the aisle. Considering I had never known my own father, I asked someone who was like a father figure to me to do me the honor of walking me down the aisle.

"OK I’m ready to go" I said as I finished applying my lipstick and turning to him.

As we walked to the entrance of the church, I turned to greet my two brides’ maids; Lisa and Alex before taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"You know you don’t have to do this?" Steven began as we started walking down the aisle. I tried to remain calm as he recited what a bad man Daniel was.

"Blink once and we can run away" he proposed as we neared where Daniel was standing.

I had to laugh as Steven tugged on my arm and told us to leave because I had blinked.

"Is there a problem here?" the Priest asked as the entire congregation eyed the scene we were causing.

"Steven needs to use the toilet but I told him he could use it later" I lied as I pulled him closer and walked nearer to the altar.

When we got there he reluctantly gave my hand to Daniel but not before threatening his team mate.

"Just so you know if you hurt her I’ll kill you" he threatened before giving him a pat on the back and congratulating him.

He then to his seat and waited for the ceremony to start.

"Well now that Mr. Gerrard has finished grabbing everyone’s attention we can start" Father Deacon said seriously as he began to read from the Bible.

*

"Congratulations you two. I’m so happy for you" Lisa congratulated as we mingled at the reception. "Maybe now that you guys are married you can start planning a little brother or sister for Gregg" she teased while wiggling her eyebrows while I blushed.

"Lisa I really don’t think we need to be discussing this with them" Fernando reprimanded before putting his hand on her expanding belly.

"You always ruin the fun. Now let’s get something to eat, being pregnant makes me hungry" she announced as her husband followed faithfully behind her.

Lisa and Fernando had now been married 2 years. Following his rather unromantic proposal a few years back, they decided they didn’t want a lavish wedding. So a few weeks into their American holiday they decided to go to Vegas and elope.

Even though we were all surprised by their sudden decision, we were all very happy. Especially Lisa’s parents who were now glad that their next grandchildren would not be born out of wedlock.

"What you thinking about?" Daniel asked as he noticed me drifting away.

"Nothing serious. I’m just very happy at how things turned out" I admitted as we started to slow dance to the song that was being played.

"Oh yeah?! So no regrets about marrying a footballer even though you promised you never would?" he teased as I shrugged.

"Considering that you have made me the happiest woman in the world I’ll over look that one flaw" I teased as I leaned into him a gave him a kiss.

"Eeeewwwwww" Gregg and Nora added in disgust before running away.

"Oh gosh we have become the sort of parents that embarrass their kids" I sighed as Daniel laughed.

"Get used to it babe because I get the feeling this is only the beginning" he laughed before kissing me. "You want some champagne?" he asked as a waitress walked by with a tray full of bubbly. He didn’t wait for my answer as he took two glasses and handed one to me.

"Uhm no thanks" I declined as he eyed me up suspiciously.

"Oh come on babe. It’s our wedding, we’re allowed to drink" he bargained as my shook my head no.

"I can’t drink any alcohol today or for the next few months" I began as he looked at me confused.

"Why? It’s not like you’re work…Oh my God. OH MY GOD….Are you… Are we…We are aren’t we?" he asked excitedly as I said yes. "We’re having a baby" he breathed out as he pulled me to him and gave me a kiss.

"I love you so much Callie Agger"

"I love you too Daniel Agger" I smiled as I snuggled into his arms.

With him I had finally found peace, a home and I don’t ever plan on letting him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone who read and commented on this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Besos.