Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 7: Welcome to my life

Callie’s POV

"So I’m thinking about wearing this one to the awards tonight and this one to the Merseyside derby. They are both personal gifts from Roberto” Juelz continued to brag as she showed me and Lisa her collection of designer dresses.

We were in the bedroom of the house she shared with Daniel. Despite them only being together less than 3 months, the two of them had taken the decision to live together only a few days of dating.

"Do you really think a designer gown is appropriate for watching a football game?" Lisa asked as I continued to look around the bedroom and at Daniel’s belongings.

"Who cares what’s appropriate? As long as all eyes are on me" Juelz replied as she spun around.

"Why so quiet Callie?" she asked with a smug smile once she was done spinning.

"Uhm I guess I’m not used to such…opulence" I stammered as I observed her.

"I know. Being from a small town in Hawaii to the riches of Liverpool. This must all be so overwhelming for you" she goaded me.

"Uhm actually it’s n…"

"Oh Callie you don’t have to explain. I understand that you’re not used to such glitz. Just make sure you don’t steal anything" she told me as she went into the bathroom to get changed.

Both me and Lisa where left speechless at her statement.

"Uhm I think she didn’t mean that" Lisa said once she regained her composure.

"I think we both know that she did" I shrugged as we heard some shuffling before Daniel walked into his bedroom.

"Babe I’m home" he greeted before he saw us sitting on his bed.

"Hi" he breathed as he saw me.

I forced a smile in response.

"Hi I’m Lisa, Callie’s cousin" she said in attempt to diffuse the awkward situation.

Me and Daniel hadn’t spoken or seen each other since he and Juelz officially become an item.

"Daniel. Nice to meet you"

"Same here" she said while giving me a look.

I gave her a shrug right as Juelz walked out of the bathroom.

"Baby you’re home" she squealed before running to him and French kissing him.

Me and Lisa looked everywhere but at them during they little make out session.

"Well we should leave" Lisa spoke when they finally stopped sucking face.

"You don’t have too" he offered as a slight blush crept over his cheeks.

"No I think its best we leave. We know when we aren’t wanted" I said as I took Lisa’s hand and walked out.

I took one final look at him before I mentally scolded myself for even thinking that Daniel Agger would ever like a girl like me.

~

Daniel’s POV

I watched her and her cousin walk out and felt like running after them.

I know it sounds wrong but after all this time Callie could still make my heartbeat a 100 miles an hour. Julez was fun to be around, a perfect distraction, but I knew deep within myself that me and her didn’t have a future together.

I somehow needed to tell her this without breaking her heart.

"You should get dressed or we’ll be late for the main show" Juelz informed me, breaking me out of my daydream.

"Why do we have to go? We’ve been out every night these past 2 weeks. I’m tired I wanna stay in" I told her as I flopped down on the bed.

"No" Juelz said as she put on her earrings.

"What do you mean no?" I said as I sat up on my elbows.

"I mean no we can’t stay home. You spend all day at your stupid football practice and then when you come home your tired. Do you know what I do all day?" She asked as I answered shop in my head.

"I stay at home waiting for you. So excuse me if I just want to spend one night out on the town" she said as tears began to form in her eyes.

At that point I knew I had lost the battle so I stood up, without a word, to take a shower.

This was what my life with Juelz was like now. It was all premiers, magazine covers and celebrity treatment.

"Welcome to your new life Agger", I told myself as I let the water wash over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...