Status: in progress

She's a Little Harlot

And I never want to lose my best friend

Ashley Costello was born in England and changed before I was born, when I came here she was able to literally sniff me out and helped me get on my feet and comfortable with the change. She's been my best friend ever since, I didn't understand what happened to me before Ashley came around and shook me and literally spit the words at me. "Harleen Quinnzel!" I jumped and looked and the smiling Ash infront of me as she snapped her fingers in front of my face again "okay Ash i'm alive cut it out!" she laughed and hugged me again "how you doing Quinn?" I shrugged not sure if I should tell her about Thomas Chris. She tapped my forehead forcing me back to reality again "zoning again? you obviously need to talk,stop by our bus after the show, I'll give you a key and it'll only be me, you, and Nikki on tonight" I wasn't even fazed that she knew, she's always been able to pick up things when it comes to me.

I sat side stage watching the show occasionally talking on my walkie giving cues that are a few seconds to late "anddd fog now, watch chris for the cue to cut it" I smiled as I watched Motionless jump around on stage giving it all they got, I've never had the privilege to help put on a show for a band with so much energy. "Hey Harles" I jumped and dropped my walkie as Ash laughed and scooped it up "having fun?" I rolled my eyes and started to smile sadly "Ashie, I do need to talk later" she smiled and hugged me close "fog cut" i said quickly into the walkie "sweetie relax, you're getting yourself wound up over something that will be addressed later I promise, only 2 more songs then you can escape" I muttered something in French and she covered my mouth as her drummer walked by. "Soon love I promise" her English accent making a rare appearance telling me she was serious.

As I sat on the opposite end in Ashley's bunk I felt like glass as her makeup less face lovingly stared at me, she touched my knee gently and spoke softly "Harlot, love, it's okay you know you can trust me, just let me help you, what's caused you such a fright. And don't even think about lying to me, I know my Quinn's tricks by now" I smiled weakly remembering what I actually came here for. I escaped Florence knowing that if someone found me they could kill me, I didn't have a man to protect me....Thomas might of, he had the occasional lover but he always wanted to make sure I was okay, considering how my father would treat me. Once I was up in a tree watching baby birds hatch and the branch I had been sitting on snapped, Thomas had heard me fall and took me home with him so his doctor could patch up my knee that was bleeding pretty badly. I remember exactly what he said to me "that was so foolish Harlot, what if your father had seen you, lord knows what would happen!.....how many birds were there?" he smiled that smile after that and wiped away tears I didn't know were on my face before lightly tapping my nose with a gloved hand and shaking his head. "Thomas" was all I could say before Ash scooped me up and put me in her lap before I broke down "Oh sweetie, thinking about lost love again are you?" I shook my head and jerked up almost hitting my head on the bunk above us "no no no he's here, on tour with you!" I was shaking, finally admitting it,Ashley looked confused "Honey, Thomas has been long dead" she said gently "his body is buried back in Florence I'm sure" I choked on some tears before shaking my head again, surely she thought I was crazy but I knew Thomas better then anyone, I couldn't mistake anyone for him "Chris! He's Thomas..or a reincarnation of Thomas, Ash i'm serious I know it's him beneath the makeup, piercings and tattoos!" she patted my head and brushed my bangs out of my face "darling, Thomas is dead. If you want to get back into the dating scene you know anyone you choose has to go through my wrath first before he even gets near you" I smiled through my tears, she really was like my sister.

I locked the doors to the venue shivering against the cold before throwing my keys into my bag and starting the walk home. I kept my guard up and watched everything in front, on the sides, and behind me. This may be my home but it doesn't mean I trust it. Safely making it to the half way point only encountering one person that just wanted to get home as much as I did I calmed down a little. Being as old as I am you learn to be wary of anything and everything, if someone finds out what I am I'm sure to be shipped off to the government and experimented on until I die. Shuddering at the thought I unlocked the door to my apartment letting go of all worries of the outside and stepped in re-locking the door. I turned on the lights grateful for my little slice of happiness, a necklace from my mother hung next to a painting of her I managed to smuggle from my home, my jewelery box that i keep my keys in on the table next to the door. Throwing myself over the couch I turned on the tv to Spongebob relaxing enough to start feeling my eyes drifting closed as a familiar knock I haven't heard for years sounded at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slowly working on it :)

hopefully this isn't to bad

big stuff coming up I promise!

-Aiden