The Spare

Prologue

The young brunette shuffled across the floor aimlessly. Her boot clad feet making small thuds against the rugged den as she did so. She was attractive. Five three with well-rounded off hips and breasts. Soft waves of warm, chocolate curls fell around her face to her shoulders as worried blue orbs anxiously jumped from one area of the rug to another. The apartment was quiet. It was a third story, three bedroom she shared with two other girls that were enrolled in the same university as she was. The living room the brunette was pacing religiously was simple adorned with a grey sectional with colorful throws and furry blankets, a coffee table, recliner, and a bookshelf stocked with law, childhood development and interior design books.

A shrill ring of a phone made the brunette jump. She quickly raced to her mobile that was resting on the coffee table. Her eyes quickly registered the name before unlocking the screen.

“Harry..” she whispered her voice almost breaking. “Harry they know. I-“

“I know. Its already hit the news here.” His voice was soft and comforting as he confirmed the news. His blue eyes starred out across the dreary, grey gardens of Kensington palace as the TV in the corner flashed pictures of he and his girlfriend. He clenched his fists in anger at whoever had sold the pictures of the two. The relationship was still fairly new and the two had agreed to wait on going public to make sure they could build their relationship without the stress of paparazzi and media. So much for that idea.

Hearing his girlfriend’s anxious voice and sniffles yanked at his heart, here he was safe from the probing paps while she has being kept prisoner in her own apartment for safety. He ran a hand through his fiery locks in worry.

The young woman’s nerves seemed to ease considerably at the sound of his voice. Her feet casually moved to the balcony as she dared a peek outside through the thick curtain. “Is Vincent and Theo there with you?”

Before she could answer a large hand had shut the curtain back hurriedly. Her blue eyes glanced up at the tall, burly man as she gave an apologetic look.

“They are. They got here this morning.” She said softly retreating from the temptation of the window.

“Good. I want them with you at all times. Do you understand?”

“I do. But Harry, what am I going to do about classes? I can’t miss.”

“Head of our security detail is meeting with the University dean to figure out safety measures. As for me I’m waiting to meet with Gran to go over the details..”

“The queen?” she almost wailed tears pricking her eyes. “You’re meeting with the Queen about me getting hounded by bloody paparazzi? Harry please don’t bother her with this. I’m begging you.” Harry smiled softly chuckling at her horror. He knew she didn’t like a fuss being made of her.

“It’s not my call sweetheart. Gran likes to be kept in the loop. She’s not too happy about finding out about us through the media so I have to go soothe her ruffled feathers.”

He noticed she had grown quiet on the other end of the line.

“Em? You still there?”

“Mmm-hmm” she mumbled back wiping her nose and tear stained cheeks into the sleeve of her grey Oxford Uni sweatshirt.

“Its going to be alright, love. Do you trust me?”

Her ears pricked at the roar of voices as a commotion stirred outside. Theo rose to his feet and peeked outside before whispering to Vincent and dashing out the door. Blue eyes peered at the older man as he pointed to a picture on the bookshelf of three girls. One, being herself, the middle was a platinum blonde whose hair barely reached her shoulders with bright sparkling grey eyes, the other had wild, long mahongy curls and sharp dark eyebrows with mischievous hazel eyes. Her two roommates Martha Ann and Abby.

“Went to go help them up to the apartment.” Vincent said in his deep voice answering her questioning gaze.

“Emmy? Emmeline?” Harry’s voice brought her back to their conversation.

“Sorry I’m here. Just trying to get MA and Abbs upstairs.” She mumbled.

“They’ll be fine Theo and Vincent are my own men. Theyre the best.”

“Okay.” Emmeline breathed a sigh.

“You never answered me.”

“Hm?”

“Emmy, do you trust me?”

There was a brief pause. “I do.”

“It will all be ok. We both knew this was coming eventually.”

“But I believed we had the power to say when we would go public. Have some preparation.. Not be
blindsided by paps walking out of class at 9 AM this morning. I thought we would be able to face it together.”

“I know sweetheart, and I am sorry how it all turned out, but we did know this was always a possibility. I would do anything to be in your place and you here. But I promise I’m doing all I can.”

Emmy was touched at his devotion. “I know. Thank you. So I guess because of this you’re going to have to postpone your visit then?”

“I’m afraid so. Having me there would only bring more looneys out.”

The rest of the night was quiet. Theo bought the group take out as the girls baked cookies for the sake of boredom. Emmy constantly apologizing to her roommates. The two laughed claiming the three would become the United Kingdom's Kardashians at the very least with all the flashing cameras.

Once Theo arrived the five munched on Chinese and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and oreo balls while the girls paired their cuisine with wine and spent the night watching Netflix. Abby and Martha wanting to keep Emmy’s mind off the throng of paparazzi outside and her face plastered across the local news, for that Emmy was grateful.

“I can’t thank you enough for all you’ve two have done. I’m sorry you’re having to go through all of this on my account.” Emmy apologized as she handed Vincent a spare pillow and blankets as he made himself comfortable in the recliner. Theo already asleep on the couch.

“Don’t be silly. It’s the Prince’s orders.” The older man smiled kindly as he positioned the pillow behind him.

“But still” Emmy tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. “I’m not royalty. You shouldn’t be wasting your
time on the Prince’s girlfriend.”

“I’ve been with the Royal family many years. Been Harry's chief guard since he was born. Hes had his share of girlfriends, I'll give ya that. But not one, not one has he ever sent guards to watch. Not one. 'xept you. He cares about you Miss. A lot."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to change some things about this story, for one where it begins. I hope you enjoy it and will comment and tell me how you like it! Hope to hear from you soon! Comments only encourage me to write more!