Stockholm Syndrome

One

“You're coming with me to the sorority meeting after class, right?” I asked Rose, my best friend since second grade. “Everyone's planning their end of semester parties and you know how bad that stresses me out every semester.”

“You've literally planned, like, three. You got this!” Rose ensured me.

“Come on!” I begged, grabbing her arm as we walked to English 314. “You never go! Just this once! It'll be easier if you're there.” I pouted and waited for her to look over at me. “Puh-lease!” I held out the 'e' for as long as I could before desperately needing a breath. Rose's brown eyes rolled as she looked at me in defeat.

“Fine. But just this once!”

“You are the best friend ever!” I squealed and linked arms with her.

“I know, I know.” She laughed as we walked into class.

~*~

I couldn't help but want to rip my hair out as the girls in all the other sororities talked about their end of semester parties. I looked down at my phone.

Rose: I hate you.

I smiled and quickly replied with a 'no you don't'.

“Aria, Rose, do you want to come? I mean, no one's coming to yours anyway.”

“They might.” I said through clenched teeth as Rose stiffened. “We're trying to raise money to renovate the Science building. It's been needing to be fixed for years and I know some students--”

“The students come to these things for some kind of fun. Not a pity party.” Angela, the leader of the Alpha Chi Omega house (the biggest sorority on campus), laughed and flipped her perfectly curled blonde hair with her perfectly French manicured hands. God, I hated her. I subconsciously hid my chipped black nails and rolled my eyes. Just because the sorority we were in (Alpha Kappa Sigma) wasn't as big (there were literally four members) doesn't mean we couldn't make a big difference... right?

When the meeting finally ended, I darted out of the room, barely giving Rose time to catch up. “I hate them.” Rose sighed as she finally caught up with me. Her long black hair was piled on the top of her head in a neat bun that she had been working on the entire meeting.

“Yeah,” I groaned as my phone dinged. Angela. “Me, too.”

Angela: Offer still stands for ACO party.

Aria: Our party will be better than yours. Don't worry.

Angela: Oh really? How?

I pushed my phone into my back pocket. How the hell was I supposed to make this party better than Alpha Chi Omega's? They always had the hottest groups and artists perform to raise money for their annual makeover 'charity' event.

“Too bad we can't get like, One Direction at our party. Imagine how many people would show up then.” Rose sighed. I smiled to myself and pulled my phone back out.

Aria: One Direction will be there.