Status: Please leave your feedback! I would love to know if you hated it, loved it, anything! If there is anything I can improve on, just leave a comment! :D a Thanks a ton!

I'm On A Mission

Friends?

I've spent years learning about the human world. I've studied human behavior, learned the good from the bad, everything that is required of a good angel. Of course, I can't say I'm perfect... I'm the angel that accidentally broke my teacher's wing while learning to fly. I'm the angel that accidentally locked the gateway from heaven to earth, so all the angels were stuck outside of the gate for an hour or so. I'm the angel that accidentally let a demon into heaven, twice... I'm the-okay, enough. You get it. I'm a failure of an angel, but today, I will not mess up! I'll show everyone that I can be just as good as an angel as them.

"Gabriel. Hey, Gabriel." Someone whispered into my ear. I turn my head to see my friend Layla, her golden blonde hair cascading down her shoulder. She was beautiful, flawless, and graceful. She was the definition of an angel.

"Ah, yeah?"

"It's your turn." Layla pointed to the empty space in front of me. It was my turn to head down to Earth, I guess I wasn't paying attention.

"Oh! Right!" I take a step forward, rubbing my hands nervously together. All I have to do is jump. Jump, and extend my wings. I can do it. Just, don't mess up. Just, don't mess up. Just, don't mess up. Just, don't mess-and, I'm falling. Somebody pushed me, and I mean, I'm not going to name names, but I guarantee it was Richard.

I scream as I fall. The pressure of falling make it hard to untuck my wings, and within seconds, I could see Earth. Untuck wings! Untuck! Untuck! Oh god, help me!

I squeeze my eyes shut as I near the ground, "Please, untuck!!!!" I scream as I feel my wings unfold, and bam. I struck a tree, and everything fades to black.

When I wake up, I'm staring at the ground, my head pounding. My vision's a blur, and I twist my head around to make better sense of where I am. A tree. I am in a tree. Somehow my wings have snagged on some branches, one branch in particular stabbed right through my wing. I felt something that I haven't experienced in my life. Pain. We don't have pain up there, so this... This is a new experience. Pain is just a word up there, it meant nothing, until now. I reach back, doing my best to try to untangle my wings from the branches. When I'm finally successful of freeing myself, I lamely fall onto the ground. Thankfully, the tree leaves cushion my fall. I stare up at the sky for a few seconds, before forcing myself to stand, and when I do, my knees give out under me. The pain in my wing is terrible, so terrible that I bite my lip to keep myself from yelling. I'm back on the ground, it hurts too much to stand. I needed to see what damage my wing took, and to my surprise, my whole wing was scratched. However, that wasn't the worse of it. A long tear sliced my wing right down the middle, the spot where my wing was pierced by one of the branches. Blood, yes, blood, oozed down my wings. I, Gabriel, was bleeding. I stared dumbfounded, my eyes wide.

"Are you okay...?" A timid voice asks.

It wasn't until then, that I realized a girl was staring at me. A human girl. I panicked for a second, before coming to my senses. She isn't talking to me. Humans can't see us, there must be someone behind me. When I turn my head to look back, all I see is a flower garden. Nobody else is there. I point my finger towards myself.

"Yes... You." The girl nods as she bends down beside me, her fingertips gliding down my tattered wings. "Beautiful..."

I'm frozen in place. A human, can see me? A human, is touching me? This isn't right. I flinch away from her. I can't help it. It's not everyday you get to meet a human girl. All of my life I've been learning about humans, and finally, I'm meeting one.

The girl stared at me for a second, before pulling her hand away. "Sorry... I touched without asking..."

She was an odd human, I can't deny that. Her long orange hair was curly and frizzy, and her eyes... Her left eye was hazel, and the other was a brilliant shade of sky blue. "It hurts, doesn't it...? I saw you fall into the tree... I can help..."

I stare at her, before I find myself nodding. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to simply find a human, grant them a pure wish, and successfully complete my mission. I wasn't expecting a human to help me, no, that seemed absurd. Yet, here I was, sitting on her edge of her bed, my shirt off as she rubbed some horrid stinging liquid on my wing. I couldn't help but tense, a groan leaving my lips. Whatever she put on me, only made the pain ten times as worse.

"Sorry! It burns, but it'll kill any infections that might come..." She explained apologetically.

"Just hurry up..." I mumble.

She jumped, staring at me with her multi-colored eyes. Apparently she didn't think I could talk. Well, surprise!

"R-Right, almost done! Let me just clean this side." Before I could say no, she rubbed the liquid on the large rip in my wing. This time, I yelled, and swiped the container of liquid from her grasp.

"No. More." I grumble as I stare her down. Was she torturing me on purpose?

"O-Okay! I'm finished with it anyway..." She stuttered as she eyed the ground. When I was about to get up, she shook her head. "No, rest. That was a nasty fall..."

I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest before falling onto my stomach. "Fine... But only for a little while." My head still throbbed, so I guess relaxing couldn't hurt... Just a few minutes of relaxing. Yes. Just a few minutes.

I wake up to these tiny pecks poking my wing. My wing was almost completely numb, so it was more of an irritation than a painful feeling.

"What are you doing...?" I groan as I'm about to sit up, however, before I can, she places a hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"W-Wait, almost done." The girl whispered as she frowned with concentration.

What was she doing to my wing?

Finally after a few more minutes of pricking me, she pulled away.

"Your wing had a really large cut... It wouldn't be able to close, so I stitched it back together... Ah-don't worry, I know what I'm doing! My father is a doctor!!!" She assured as she scratched at the back of her neck.

"Stitched...?" I question as I glance at my wing. Too my surprise, the large rip was closed. "Oh... Thank you."

The girl's cheeks reddened, "My pleasure." She smiled as she crossed her arms behind her back.

"What is your name?" I ask as I grab my shirt that is dangling on the chair, being careful while sliding it on.

"Sophia." She answers quietly as she fumbled with a strand of her hair. "Yours... What is yours?"

"Gabriel." I answer with a smile, before glancing out her bedroom window. The sky was getting dark, it must be late, and I haven't even found a human to grant their pure wish. "I should be going. Thank you for helping me."

Sophia nodded, before quietly asking, "Do you have to leave so soon...?"

"Ah, yeah. You see, I'm on a mission-" I pause, a grin spreading on my face. Why look for a human, when I have a human right in front of me?!

"It's your lucky day! What do you truly desire? If it's something like good health, or something, I can grant it!"

"Truly desire...?" Sophia whispered as she tilted her head in thought, biting her lip. She wiggled from side to side. She obviously had something in mind.

"Well, what is it?"

"Friends..." Sophia mumbled as her cheeks grew red.

"Friends?" I frown. Can I grant friends? No, right? "I don't think I can do that... Is there anything else you want?"

Sophia shook her head, "No... Just friends." She eyed her lap, "I'm sorry... That was a weird wish..."

I laugh as I shake my head, "Nah, it's okay. I just don't think I can-"

"Friends accepted." My watch sung out.

I blink. "Wait, what? It accepted it?" I glare at my watch before shuffling through a few buttons. When I click on the mission tab, a picture of Sophia pops up, along with an incomplete status bar. My watch, which is connected to the Heaven Helper's Association, actually accepted friends as a mission... What's worse, is that if I don't grant this girl's wish in a month, I fail this mission. I'll be kicked out of angel training!!!