Status: In transition...

Midnight

Through the dark.

Londyn woke up the next morning to an empty bed. She groaned as she slowly sat up rubbing her eyes. She already didn't feel like getting up although, since this wasn't her place, she felt like she needed to. She ran her fingers through her hair before sliding from the bed. She could hear the television on as she left the room. Harry could never be somewhere in complete silence. It annoyed her really.

Once she realized the room was empty she made her way to the kitchen and found him at the table just him and a cup of either tea or coffee if she had to guess.

"Hey, you ok?" She asked and he looked up at her from his seat.

"Oh, yeah. Just thinking is all. Why are you up? It's early."

"What time is it?"

"7:30."

"What? Why are you up?"

"Just had a lot on my mind."

She watched him step to the sink and place his cup in it as she brought her fingers to her mouth in a nervous habit. Was he mad about last night?

"I should go." She finally said in order to get out of this mess if it was about her.

Harry immediately looked at her, "What? Why?"

She shrugged not sure what to even say. It just felt awkward for once and she didn't know how to handle it. She gave him a weak grin before heading back to his room to get dressed. She quickly pulled on her jeans and looked around for her shirt, giving up once she couldn't find it. She would just have to bring his back to him. She grabbed up her wedges and bag before walking into the living room where Harry stood by the window she was planning to leave out of.

"I can't find my shirt. I'll bring yours back."

"Keep it."

She nodded now standing in front of him, her heart racing although it could've been from the alcohol she hadn't completely slept off.

"Just stay, yeah?" He finally said and she bit her bottom lip before speaking, "I don't think you really want me to..."

Harry rolled his eyes, "I wouldn't ask you to if I didn't. Trust me."

She sighed and he stepped to her, grabbing the shoes from her hands.

"Why are you acting so weird?" He asked placing her things on the couch.

"I don't know! You're acting weird, not me."

"I have not."

"Yes you have." She mumbled now feeling stupid. Maybe it was her.

He shook his head before grabbing her hand and leading her back to the bedroom. The pair sat on the bed and he let out a sigh. She studied him a bit concerned now. If this wasn't about last night then what was it about? This wasn't Harry.

"I don't know if we are going on tour."

"What?" She asked a bit confused as where this was going.

"Zayn quit."

"Quit what?"

"The band."

"What?! Since when? We just saw him last night!"

Harry shook his head bringing his hands to his face.

"Why?" She managed to ask and he shrugged, "He's always been resistant to it all. He likes singing and music of course but all the fame that comes along with it is not his thing. He's a very private person and recently it's started to affect his relationship and I think that was his last straw."

Londyn felt heartbroken at the moment and she wasn't even sure who for.

"I mean, he's still our friend, you know? And we want what's best for him, it just completely sucks." He got out rubbing his eye with the back of his hand.

She threw her arms around him from the side and the pair sat in silence as her mind tried to process it all.

"I don't know what's going to happen now and that terrifies me." He mumbled out.

"You will be fine. All of you will be fine. You all can still be a group, you know? All of you sing well enough to be without Zayn."

"Just won't be the same."

A frown hit her lips as she pulled back to look at him.

"I'm sorry. Seriously. This breaks my heart."

He shrugged with a weak grin, "Guess it's life, yeah? We aren't those 16 year old boys anymore. We've grown up and people change, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know." She whispered as she rubbed his back to comfort him

"Just sucks. I love those guys so much. I know that sounds stupid but it's true. I spent more time with them than my own family."

"No it doesn't. I would question if you didn't."

He let out a sigh and she gave him a grin, "Come on. Let's get dressed."

"And do what?"

"Well you can't mope around all day. He's still your friend."

"I know..."

"Come on." She replied pulling him from the bed.

Harry groaned but let the girl pull him up.

"Get dressed. I'm going to run upstairs and I'll be right back."

"Yes mom." He mumbled and she glared at him before leaving the room and sprinting to her things on the couch.

Sure she was tired still but she wanted to make Harry feel better. She felt like she owed him that especially after everything he has done for her.

Londyn got ready in a hurry and by the time she got back to Harry's he was sitting on the couch ready to go.

She flashed him a smile as she shut the window, "Ready?"

Harry nodded as he moved to grab his coat. She watched him slide the dark peacoat on over his button up. She couldn't deny how attractive he looked in that moment.

"Where to?" He asked coolly and she grabbed at his hand and pulled him to the elevator.

"Who knows, the day is ours. I know you've never been up this early so..."

"Ha! Yes I have..."

"Besides for a talk show..."

"Fine..."

She chuckled and with his free hand he slid on his sunglasses.

"Well, wanna go get some breakfast?" He asked as they stepped out onto the quiet sidewalk.

"Sure."

"Sad Harry is not my favorite." She stated after several minutes of silence and he chuckled softly, "Sorry, love. Not my favorite either."

"I seriously hate this is happening. Wish I could make you feel better."

He grinned and he tugged her into his side, "You are, Londyn. Don't know what I would do without you!"

"I don't either, you probably would be crying in your flat."

Harry scoffed, "I wasn't crying."

"Liar. You're eyes give everything away, Harry Styles." She replied with a smile as she pulled him into the familiar bakery. Well at least familiar for Harry. She only are whatever he bought her from here which happened too often.

"...Or you can just read me well."

"Either way."

The pair stepped in line and he looked at the menu, "So...same as always?"

"Wow we are an old married couple, huh?"

Harry chuckled, "We've become so predictable."

Harry said hello to the woman at the counter before ordering their pastries. The woman looked at Londyn before speaking, "So there is a girl you buy these for!"

Londyn began to blush and of course Harry laughed it off, "You never asked."

"Ah, I didn't have to. I knew." She replied with a smile as she held out the bag, "She's very pretty so it all makes sense."

Harry grabbed the pastries from the lady and flashed her a smile, "That she is, I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow."

The woman chuckled clearly taken by his charm as the pair sat at a table.

"You think you would be use to it..." Harry spoke as he laid a napkin out and put her pastry on it.

"Use to what?"

"People treating you like that and yet every time it happens you blush and get all quiet."

"Sorry I'm not fond of compliments!"

Harry scoffed, "Oh whatever."

"I don't like attention. How rude of me."

"So if I said you're pretty?"

"It's fine because I know you."

"Makes no sense." He responded before taking a bite of his food.

"Yes it does."

"Well no worries, I won't say you're pretty."

Londyn laughed, "Well thanks!"

"You're not. You're more than that."

His eyes met hers across the table and he gave her a grin before focusing back on his food. When he said things like that she couldn't help the feeling that filled her chest.

"We should come out in the morning more often." He finally said and she looked up from her phone, "And why is that?"

"Did you see the zero people outside my apartment?!"

Londyn chuckled, "True."

"I feel free."

"Then what else shall we do?"

"I don't know."

She laughed, "Of course. The guys haven't been blowing up your phone?"

"Yeah, they want me to go to Louis', I just don't know..."

Of course she knew that already. The reason why she was so engrossed in her phone was because Louis was asking her if she could talk him into going there.

"Let's go."

"What? No. I thought this was suppose to be a happy day?"

"And it will, but you can't avoid everything, Harry."

He sighed as she threw their trash away and held out her hand, "Come on. They need you."

He breathed in and grabbed her hand as he moved from his seat.

"Bye Suzy!" He shouted to the older woman behind the counter and she waved at the pair.

"Are we really going?" He asked shoving his hands in his coat.

"Yes. Niall made need some consoling." She joked and Harry gagged, "Gross."

She laughed and slid her arm between his, "I'm kidding. You're the only directioner for me."

"Well there isn't many to choose from now!"

"Whoa, someone's being dramatic!"

He sighed and she couldn't help but laugh as they walked the rest of the way to Louis'.

Londyn knocked on the door and within seconds Louis opened it, a smile hitting his lips once he saw her.

"Knew you could do it." He replied letting them in. Harry gave them a confused look before walking past them.

Louis threw his arm around her shoulder as he shut the door, "You're brilliant."

"Why because I'm persuasive?"

"Harry doesn't do anything he doesn't want to, Lon. Well, unless you're involved." He added with a wink before sitting down beside Niall.

The room was quiet and Londyn sat down beside Liam slowly.

"What now?" Harry finally asked and Liam shrugged, "We go on. Unless anyone else wants to leave."

The boys all replied with no and Londyn felt herself relax a bit. At least that was over.

"I feel gutted mate." Niall spoke up and Liam nodded, "He's still our friend ya know?"

"I know, just isn't the same."

"It never will be without him." Louis mumbled.

"You guys are going to make me cry and I'm not even in this band."

That at least earned a few laughs which made her feel a bit useful.

Liam glanced over at her, "You got Harry here, how?"

"I'm good."

"You knew?!" Harry asked her immediately.

"Of course she did. I knew you wouldn't." Louis added in and Harry glared at her, "You're suppose to be on my side."

"And I am."

"Questionable right now."

"I like you. Wanna be our new Zayn?" Liam joked and she laughed, "Afraid my voice is not as good as his."

Liam snickered and laid his head against her arm, "This sucks."

"Yeah, well, there is so much more that doesn't."

"True." Niall agreed from his seat and Louis laughed, "Wise and can make Harry do what we need. Maybe she needs to be our tour boss."

"Ok, well not anymore." Harry chimed in as he crossed his arms.

"Well we all know that's not true." Louis replied and Londyn tried not to laugh.

"Niall, do you need consoling?" Harry asked and Londyn shot him a look.

"Uh, If you want to come hold me I may be against that..."

"It's time you know they joke about her liking you." Liam finally stated and Niall's mouth fell open.

"That made it sound insulting!" Londyn said quickly.

"It did!"

"It's not! She thinks your cute, Harry thinks it's ridiculous and so there you have it!"

"So on the way here I joked about you needing consoling." She stated and Liam was now laughing so hard she could feel it.

Louis began to laugh and Harry shook his head in disbelief.

"This should make me uncomfortable but it doesn't." Niall finally said and they all laughed.

"I mean, if you are wanting to hold me, I may be into that..." Niall added wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, she's mine right now." Liam mumbled.

"You have a girlfriend! Call her!"

"Whoa guys, I'm not planning on leaving in the next ten minutes so we have time." She joked and Liam chuckled as he sat up straight, "I do need to call Sophia. She was suppose to be here like forever ago."

"Where is Zayn actually?" She asked hesitantly and Louis shrugged, "With his family."

"Have you talked to him?"

"Of course."

She nodded as Niall frowned, "This is seriously the worst break up I've ever been through."

"You aren't breaking up! He's not dead or moving away. He's still here."

Niall frowned, "If this is you consoling me count me out."

She chuckled as she moved from the couch and basically tackled him where he was sitting.

"Niall it's going to be ok." She said as she rocked him causing him to groan.

"Don't cry." She added and he glared up at her causing her to laugh.

His eyes narrowed at her and she smiled poking his cheek, "Smile."

Niall didn't move and she repeated her action, "Smile. You know you want to."

Before she could speak again he began tickling her causing her to squeal.

"You're not as nice as people think." He spoke as he pinned her down and continued tickling her causing tears to fall from her eyes.

"Stop you jerk!" She managed to get out as she tried to pry his hands off.

"Harry tell him to stop!" She yelled trying to find someone to save her and of course he shook his head, "Oh no. This is what you wanted."

Niall finally stopped and she was basically gasping for breath as he laughed from above her.

"Well, I officially do not like him now, guys. Gotta pick on someone else." She replied as he tried to wipe her tears from her cheeks and she shoved his hand away.

"Oye! I'm tryin' to be nice to you!"

"Too late!" She stated as she moved from the boy trying to fix her hair in the process. She glared at Harry and he didn't even blink an eye.

"Liam is clearly a better friend than you."

Harry shrugged, "Debatable."

"I am."

"He's nicer."

"And yet he didn't do anything."

"I was on the phone!"

"See..." Londyn replied placing her hand on her hip right as Sophia walked in.

"What's going on here?" The girl asked laughing simply from the scene in front of her.

"Harry is a jerk."

"What?! I didn't do anything! Niall is the one who tickled you!"

"But I'm not the one she asked to save her so..." Niall replied and Sophia chuckled, "Makes you worse, Harry."

"You always take her side and you don't even know the full story! Plus, if I thought she was in harms way I would have saved her but she wasn't!"

"Could've been." She replied coolly and he rolled his eyes, "And you call me dramatic?"

"Just like giving you a dose of your own medicine."

"Ha ha." He mocked although clearly not amused as she stuck her tongue out at him before sitting next to him in the chair that was big enough for like three people really.

She sighed and laid her head against his shoulder, his arm wrapping around her as he did something on his phone with the other.

"Unbelievable." Niall finally said causing the others to laugh and Harry and Londyn to grow confused.

"What?"

"You two! It's the strangest thing I've ever seen." Louis chuckled out.

"How?!"

"How you are with each other is amusing."

"How?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You two literally go at each other and within the same sentence you like silently make up."

Harry shrugged as he tried to think about it, he really didn't see anything weird. They were both just kidding.

"That's cute." Londyn spoke ignoring the others as she looked at Harry's phone. He was glancing at some pictures the group had taken a few days ago.

"If you say because of Niall I'll punch you without hesitation." He said so serious the room was immediately filled with laughter. So much for a sad day...

"Asshole. No." She spoke as her eyes met Niall's and she mouthed to him of course jokingly and Harry shoved her lightly off the seat.

"Sometimes I imagine payback in the form of me cutting off your hair when you're asleep."

"Good luck with that."

"Please do it!" Liam chimed in causing Louis to shush him as he turned the volume up on the television that held a game.

"Challenge accepted."

"Challenge will get you murdered." Harry replied as she sat back in her seat.

"Let me see these." She stated grabbing his phone.

He groaned as she scrolled through the photos.

"This is a good picture of you." She said seriously and he looked over at the phone.

"Oh. Thanks."

"It's a compliment. You should be able to handle those by now." She joked.

He rolled his eyes as she relaxed against his side and continued to look through the photos. Maybe their relationship was weird but he couldn't imagine being weird with anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Too soon to write about Zayn? Lol it just happened to help me out! Sorry! Besides that this chapter is super long AND on time so that should make up for it a little, right?

Thanks for commenting;
Abmora01 (that's a lot of pressure! Lol)
BecauseSheSaidSo (it may happen sooner than you think! ;) )