Status: In transition...

Midnight

Temporary fix.

Harry woke up the next morning to a headache which he knew he would have. He squinted his eyes from the sun pouring into his living room and slowly sat up, looking around as he tried to piece together the previous night.

He thought he remembered lying on the couch with Londyn. Sure he was a bit intoxicated but not to the point where he wouldn't remember things.

He breathed in wondering if she left for a reason or because of him. He forced himself to his room, fumbling for some clean clothes in order to take a shower. Maybe she had something to do or maybe she didn't want to kiss him after all. He sighed as he turned on the water. Since when did he drive himself crazy over a girl?

After he showered and got dressed, he wished he could say he felt better but he didn't. His anxiety was in full force and before he knew it he was climbing from his window to go to her apartment. He didn't bother to knock before sliding open her window and stepping in. The place was quiet and he breathed in before calling her name.

"Lon?" He called out once more as he walked closer to her room. Before he could step in, she appeared in front of him.

"Hi." He fumbled out and she gave him a weak grin which made his heart immediately sink.

"Did you leave this morning?" He questioned following her to the kitchen.

"No, last night."

"Oh...why?" He asked leaning against the counter. He wasn't one of those who hid what they were thinking so of course he was going to ask.

"Because Harry, this is a bad idea." She replied turning from the coffee she was trying to make to the boy behind her.

His eyes narrowed in confusion, “What is?"

"This. Whatever that was last night. It's a bad idea."

For once Harry didn't know what to do. He just stared blankly at her trying to formulate what he wanted to say.

"I mean...ok." He got out as he pushed himself from the counter. He headed out of the kitchen and she grabbed his arm before he reached the window causing him to spin around to face her.

"Where are you going?"

"To where I live." He replied sarcastically and she frowned, "You’re mad."

"I'm not mad."

Of course he was mad. He liked her. There was no denying that and to hear her basically say it didn't matter made him a bit sick to his stomach. Now he knew why he avoided stuff like this.

"Then stay." She challenged and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"No."

"Because you're mad."

"I'm not bloody mad, Londyn! Drop it!" He all but shouted and he immediately felt bad once it left his mouth.

"I'm sorry." He immediately said and she shrugged her shoulders before walking back to the kitchen. He had never spoken to her like that and it kind of upset her if she was being honest.

Harry sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair before following after her.

"Lon..." He spoke softly as he watched her focus on cleaning up the few dishes in the sink.

"Are you leaving or not?" She asked and he slid his arms around her waist from behind.

"I'm sorry that I raised my voice at you."

"Ok?"

"Can we just forget everything and go back to how we usually are?" He asked although to be honest, it wasn't what he wanted.

She spun around to face him with a more serious look than he was use to.

"What do you want?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want out of this." She asked pointing to him and then to herself, "and do not say, 'whatever you want.' "

"I don't know what I want."

She sighed, “Then sure, we can go back to normal, whatever that is. See you later.” She replied and he ran his hand through his hair before mumbling something she couldn't understand and leaving through the window.

She breathed in deeply as she stared blankly at the window. She agreed with him though. Maybe things needed to just be normal from now on.

London spent the day without Harry which was harder to do than she thought it would be so to occupy her time she decided to do some cleaning in her apartment which took up most of the day. By the time she was crawling into bed she was proud that she hadn't thought much of Harry. Of course that was before two more days had passed without even a word from the boy. The third day in she decided she couldn't take it anymore and chose to do something she swore she wouldn't do and browse social media. Of course within minutes she regretted that choice. It took a whole ten photos to find a girl she wasn't sure of who she even was, posting a picture of her and Harry. For some reason a lump instantly resided in her throat. She sighed and sat the phone down. Maybe she was just a friend. Then again; just because him and her were friends doesn't mean he could be just friends with other girls. Her mind was now in overdrive and she began pacing the floor while she called Sophia. She groaned as it went straight to voicemail. She tried once more and after several rings got the same result. This was just her lucky day. She then began to think through who she could call because simply put, she needed someone to vent to. Someone to tell her it was nothing and to calm down.

Before she knew it she had dialed Louis’’ number and within the second ring his voice hit her ear, “Hello?”

“Hey, what are you doing?”

“Just at my flat. What's up?”

“Well, do you maybe want to come over? We could get coffee or something. Basically I can't get in touch with Sophia and I need someone to talk to. Don't hesitate to say no. I wouldn't blame you since you probably don't want to hear me rant.”

Louis laughed, “No worries, I will leave now. Better start brewing that coffee. We probably shouldn't go out in public if you plan on ranting.”

Londyn chuckled, “Thank you. See you soon.”

Londyn went straight to the kitchen since he only lived a few minutes away. She was lost in thought as she watched the coffee slowly fill the pot until the doorbell rang and she quickly walked to the door.

She opened it to reveal a now smiling Louis, “Hello love.” He spoke all too cheerful as he entered the room.

“Hey…”

He chuckled and followed her into the kitchen.

“So, you must be desperate to call me for a chat.” He spoke as he sat at the table while she poured coffee into mugs.

“Kind of.”

He laughed, “Oh thanks. So, is this about Harry?”

She sighed as she sat the cup down and he thanked her.

“I haven't talked to him in three days.”

“What?” He asked clearly surprised about it.

“Yeah.” She mumbled sitting across from him.

“I mean I don't know why, and then I stupidly get on Instagram today and what do you know? Some gorgeous girl is posting a picture of him and her and before you say anything, you're right, I don't have a right to feel anything about it. I mean, we aren't together, he's free to do whatever he wants but, for some reason, it hurt. Which I know is stupid…” She spoke finally making eye contact with him.

“It's not stupid.”

“I'm well aware he's the oh so famous Harry styles but I guess, I just didn't want him to be everything, everyone said he was and technically he's not. I mean, he could have not felt anything for me.”

Louis scoffed, “Ok, now you're getting out of hand. Look, this is what he does. When he starts feeling a lot, he runs. It has nothing to do with you. I'll talk to him.”

“That's so stupid.”

“I know. Didn't I already tell you this?”

“Who knows…” She mumbled.

“That girl, in the picture, he's just trying to get his mind off of his feelings for you. I promise. She means nothing to him.”

She rolled her eyes, “I shouldn't even care.”

“But you do, and it sucks. I am sorry but I'll try to fix it.” He replied placing his hand on hers.

“I'm sorry I'm going all girl on you.”

He chuckled, “I've dealt with worse.”

She grinned and he gave her a wink before standing up.

“Well, now that it's out of the way what do you say to being my lunch date?”

She chuckled, “Oh Louis, how sweet of you.”

He held the door open as she grabbed her coat. The pair decided to walk although it may pose a problem if people caught on to who he was. Which they usually always did.

“You don't really look like the ball cap type of person.” She said chuckling and he scoffed, “aye, are you saying I look bad?!”

“Not at all. Just pointing it out.”

Louis laughed as he pointed to a place which happened to be by the bakery Harry took her to. She frowned as Louis grabbed her hand saying she was walking too slow.

As soon as they walked in they ran into the lady from the bakery and her heart immediately dropped.

“Oh hello dear! Just grabbing some lunch before I go back.” She said before looking over at Louis.

“Oh where's Harry?”

“Uh, I don't know. This is Louis his band mate.”

“Oh it's so wonderful that you are friends with all his friends. Helps the relationship.”

Louis crossed his arms as he got uncomfortable and Londyn forced herself to nod.

“He came in the day before, said he was going out of town for a while. So at least you have company.”

She nodded with a forced smile and the woman grinned, “Well I must get going. Good to see you. Tell Harry I said hello.”

“I will. Bye.”

Louis looked at her before following her to the table they were being put at.

“You ok?”

“Yep.”

Louis frowned, “Look, the truth of it is, they are all right, you know? He's a jerk when it comes to love. He always has been. Although, we thought you were different, apparently it doesn't matter how young you are, you can be set in your ways. You're honestly probably better off. He hurts every girl he ever meets.”

She nodded and Louis clearly picked up on that he needed to change the subject. Lucky for her he was good at doing just that and what started off as a dreaded lunch it ended better than she thought.

She laughed with Louis as they walked back to her place. He was a funny guy which helped her take her mind of Harry.

“And then he had to get it tattooed on his leg!” Louis added the pair now laughing loudly all of which came to a halt when they reached the apartment building at the time Harry was getting out of a car. If he hadn't noticed them already she would have no doubt ran the other way but it was too late. She was just going to pretend like she was doing just fine.

Harry’s eyes were on Louis as he came to a stop in front of him and immediately he opened his mouth, “Oh I see you're back from your mysterious vacation that you failed to mention to anyone.” Louis said which she wasn't in the least bit surprised. He was after all the outspoken one.

“I mean we had to hear it from a woman at a bakery.” He added and Harry rolled his eyes now feeling uncomfortable with Londyn so close by.

“Well Louis, thanks for lunch.” Londyn interrupted, wanting to get away as soon as possible.

“I'll see you tomorrow at Sophia’s.” She added and he gave her a grin before they exchanged cheek kisses. She all but ran up the stairs although her once happy thoughts were now taken over by the image of Harry’s intense, green eyes.

It was then she realized that forgetting Harry Styles was not going to be easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Hello.
It's me.
I was wondering if after all this time..."
Ok just kidding, although it has been long enough For me to say that.

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Hoping to get my love of writing back. Really just the motivation, inspiration part.

Hoping this is the start of it.