Status: In transition...

Midnight

Sign of the times.

“Harry!” She shouted as she entered his apartment disregarding knocking before hand. She was too excited to waste time.

“Outside!” He shouted and she walked to the open window, spotting the boy immediately.

“Why are you sitting out here?” She asked climbing out onto the small terrace which was all too familiar to her.

“Just wanted some sunlight. What's up?” He asked, sitting his notebook in his lap as he placed his back against the railing so he could face her.

She grinned and held up a piece of paper as she sat down.

A smile hit his lips, “Is that what I think it is?”

“Yep. I'm officially going to have a published book!”

“Babe, I'm so proud of you.” He replied pulling her into a hug as she chuckled.

“Seriously. This is amazing. I knew you could do it. You're a fantastic writer and I'm just not saying that because you're my girlfriend.” He added and she laughed as she sat beside him.

“Well thank you.”

He gave her hand a squeeze before pressing his lips against the top of it.

“So happy for you, love. We have to celebrate!”

“No we don't.” She replied with a laugh as she looked over the letter once more. She really couldn’t believe it was all real. She had worked so hard the last few months and she couldn’t believe it was finally paying off.

“Uh, yes we do. This is a big deal. Big deals get celebrated.” He stated as he quickly stood up.

She groaned as he helped her from the ground. Three months he had managed to be in a relationship now with her. He was rather proud of himself even if it didn't seem like much time to other people. It was a big deal to him, and even more so that he found himself wanting to continue his progress with her.

He flashed a smile at her once she was now on her feet and she rolled her eyes, “Whatever, call the guys.”

He pressed his lips to hers before they both went back inside. He immediately sent out a quick text and his phone started buzzing back before he could even slide his shoes on.

“Everyone is in.” He spoke out loud.

“And where to? The norm?”

“I assume so.”

She nodded as she went back to whatever she was doing. The two made it to the pub on time which was nothing new nowadays. She use to have to force Harry to be on time and now it's like he slowly fell into her patterns. At least some of her good transits were rubbing off on him.

“Congratulations!” Louis shouted as he wrapped the girl in a hug causing her to laugh, “you guys act like I just became president of the United States or something.”

“Londyn, you wrote a damn book. Some of these guys can't even form a whole paragraph so forgive us for being happy for you!” Liam joked and she laughed as she hugged him from the side.

“Well thanks. I do appreciate it.”

“I mean, we get free copies, right?” Sophia asked and she chuckled as she sat down at the table.

“Of course.”

“There’s our working girl!” She heard as Niall appeared carrying a tray of drinks.

“For you lass. Congrats.” He stayed with a smile as he sat a drink in front of her.

“Thanks.”

“So how does it feel to have your dream come true?” Louis asked with a grin and she laughed, “It’s only partly true right now so I'll let you know.”

“What's the other part besides getting a book deal?” Harry asked.

“Being a best seller. Duh.”

“Oh don't worry about that. We got that for you.” Liam stated as he took a drink of his beer.

“Oh you do?”

“Yep. One tweet from each of us basically guarantees that.”

“I mean he's wrong a lot of times, but he does make a good point.” Sophia joked and Liam nudged her.

“Just think of it as a gift from us to you for dealing with Harry’s shit for so long.” Niall added and Harry shot him a look and she laughed, “Thank you guys, that's so nice of you.”

“So what are you all going to do on this break?” She asked changing the topic off of her.

“Really don't know. Make music.” Niall answered.

“Actually be in a real relationship.” Louis added.

“Be normal for a while.” Liam chimed in.

“All sounds good.” She responded.

“And what about the infamous Harry Styles?” Sophia asked and Harry shrugged from beside her.

“I don't know really. Maybe some acting. We will see. I'm up for a challenge.”

“And for him to still see you 3 every other Thursday here.” Londyn added and they all laughed.

The group hung out for several more hours and eventually parted ways a bit before 11 which was early for them if she was being honest.

Harry linked his hand with hers as they made their way back to their apartment building. Walking of course. At least this time the weather wasn’t so cold and a jacket wasn’t needed.

“So what actually are your plans for this break?” She asked. She hasn't brought it up to him yet and she really didn't know what he had in mind.

“Well, I don't know truthfully. I got offered a small part in a film. I may do that just for the hell of it.”

“You should.”

“We will see. No rush.”

She nodded and he glanced over at her, “Don’t worry, I'm not going to be making any big decisions without discussing them with you first.”

“I'm not going to be mad if you make your own decisions, Harry.”

“I am well aware of that, but you're the most important thing in my life right now and is it wrong to want to include you? Especially if one of those decisions wants me to be out of the country?”

She glanced at him and he pressed his lips to the top of her hand trying to calm her over thinking she always did. He wanted to tell her he loved her. The feeling was stronger than it had been in a while. He felt it every time he looked at her but for some reason it scared the hell out of him. The thought of telling her just made him uneasy. Which he knew was ridiculous at this point in their relationship.

“I have a few meetings in the morning, one about that movie actually. Can you please make sure I’m up by 7?” He asked as they entered his apartment. Which at this point it felt like they had two places they shared seeing as how half her stuff was in his room and vise versa at her place.

Londyn chuckled, “I think I can manage that.”

He grinned before pecking her lips, “I fear I’m old because I’m about to say something I never imagined myself saying.”

“And what is that?” She asked as she pulled off her shoes.

“It’s late, I need to get to bed.”

Londyn laughed as a smile lined Harry’s lips and he led her to his bedroom.

“Oh how the times have changed.”

He threw a pillow at her as he pulled the blanket down on the bed thanks to Londyn making it that morning. Part of her ocd and also part of her trying to make him a bit less messy.

“Hey!”

He chuckled as she continued getting ready for bed.

“I’m seriously so proud of you, Lon. You are one of the hardest working people I know and you deserve this.” He stated randomly as he climbed in bed. He knew she didn’t think the praise was necessary but in his eyes it was. She deserved everything she wanted, at least he thought so anyways. Plus, he witnessed how dedicated she was to her writing and if anything it was inspiring to him.

She leaned over and kissed his cheek, “Well if my book flops at least I have 5 fans still.”

Harry chuckled, wrapping his arm around her, “It’s definitely not going to flop. That I can promise. Even If I have to buy all of them myself.”

The pair laughed and he pressed his lips to her temple, “Sweet dreams my love.”

The next morning Londyn of course was the first up and she was able to get Harry up and out on time which was an accomplishment in itself if she was being honest. She needed to go over a few final details on her book but for some reason she wasn’t in the mood to do that. She was too busy thinking about the time off the boys were going to have and she knew she shouldn’t, but she couldn’t help but wonder what Harry was going to choose to do. While she was imagining an actual vacation she knew he was already ready for whatever was next for his career. She couldn’t blame him really, she just knew their worlds were going to be further apart once her book tour started and he was off doing god knows what.

She sighed as she sat on the couch, finally forcing herself to pick up her laptop and get to work in order to take her mind off things. She lost track of time until a few hours had passed and the front door to the apartment opened. She looked over to see Harry walking in and her mouth immediately fell open in shock.

“Uh, do you like it?” He asked nervously as he ran his hand through his now short hair. “I had to cut it for that movie and they wanted to go ahead and do it to see what it would look like…” he added and she finally stood up from the couch.

She truly thought he couldn’t get any better looking than he already was and yet her he was, doing just that.

“Ok, you hate it. I mean, it’ll grow back out….” He mumbled and she shook her head, “No, I’m just processing it all. It looks great.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. Is it weird that in my head I was like, oh my god why is he so hot?” She asked and Harry let out a laugh and shrugged, “I mean, why would it be weird?! I’m your boyfriend! Why can’t you think I’m hot?”

“I mean do people still think that after they have been dating for months?!”

“So let me get this straight, people can’t find their significant other hot?!”

“I mean of course you would think they are good looking, but I mean saying someone is hot is like what you say when you see someone for the first time and you’re just like, they are so attractive, I must meet them. Ya know?”

Harry laughed, “No, I don’t. I mean, I still think you are hot!”

“Guys think every girl is hot!”

“Um, no we don’t!”

“Whatever! You’re hot! You know it, get over it!” She stated just to stop the conversation.

“I do not think I’m hot, love.”

“You don’t have to think you are, you know you are. Millions of people tell you that you are on a daily basis.” She replied, sitting back on the couch and he quickly followed suite.

He shrugged, “I honestly pay no attention to it because a 13 year old finding me hot really isn’t on my list of important topics.”

Londyn chuckled as she relaxed her head against the couch.

“There is going to be an internet meltdown when this comes out.” She added and he grinned, “I’m going to try and conceal it for as long as I can.”

“I may post it myself.”

He scoffed knowing very well they couldn’t happen because of her lack of social media skills.

“Love, if you can figure out how to post on any social media account I will gladly let you.”

She glared at him and he laughed, “It’s really amusing. It’s like dating an 80 year old woman.”

Her eyes narrowed more at him and his smile widened, “I mean, a hot one but still…”

“Well this has gotten weird fast.”

He let out a laugh before pressing his lips to hers.

“It’s going to take me awhile to get use to it.” She spoke, her hand resting on his now bare neck.

“Me too.”

“I do like it a lot.”

“Kind of like having a different boyfriend, huh?” He joked and she rolled her eyes, “Hardly, you changed hairstyles not smiles.”

He kissed her once more before she spoke again, “So you are going to take the movie offer?”

“I think so. I mean nothing is set in stone yet. What do you think?”

“I think you should. It’s something you want to do, plus you’ll be great.”

He grinned, “I mean I don’t know how long it will be filming or how significant my part even is so it could be just a few days.”

“Or a few weeks…” she added.

His eyes locked with hers, “and if it is, we will figure it out. I’ll fly you across the whole world even if it’s just for a day so we can see each other.”

She grinned and he cupped her face before kissing her softly. He felt it bubbling up in his stomach, those 3 words he had been forcing down. He felt like saying it meant there was no turning back, although turning back never even crossed his mind.

Londyn of course had been holding back just because he hasn’t said it and she knew how he was. She didn’t want to scare him, she wanted him to do it on his own timing.

He kissed her once more, her arms wrapping around his neck and his lips landed on hers repeatedly. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her to his room slowly.

“You know it’s not like having another boyfriend but it is like going from dating a teenager to an adult.” She teased as he hovered over her.

He scoffed an amused grin now lining his lips, “So you definitely are a pedophile because you are already way older than me.”

“No you didn’t.”

He let out a laugh as she glared at him.

“Baby…” he got out through his laughter as he nuzzled her neck.

“I’m kidding. Two years is barely even older!” He added as he placed a kiss against her collarbone.

“Baby.” He cooed, raising up and finally making eye contact with her.

He forced back a grin as she tried to not laugh at him. He brought his hand to her cheek, his fingertips running over her jaw before he spoke, “sometimes I just look at you and I can’t help but to ask myself, how in the hell did I become the luckiest guy in the world?” He whispered out.

Butterflies immediately filled her stomach. She didn’t understand how he still had this effect on her but everytime he said something like that it was like the first time all over again.

She finally reached up and placed her hand on his and he grinned at her, “Thank you for putting up with me.”

“It’s a joint effort.”

He chuckled and kissed her, “I guess times really are changing, huh?”
♠ ♠ ♠
....when you think a story is dead but you could be wrong....

I’ve had thiis chapter written for over a year. Also not to mention, this story was started 3 years ago! I don’t know which is worse...