Status: i'll update it, i swear

Hold Me Hostage

It's Getting Dark, We Should Go

I was watching them again, the only difference being that everyone else was too. We were all hiding in the shadows, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
“Wanna hear a story?” Max asked, rolling as his eyes at Kellin. He had shaken his head, a frown on his lips. “Of course you don’t…pansy,” Kellin glared at him and crossed his arms.
“Whatever,” he muttered and walked away from them. Jared followed, giving me the perfect chance.
“Hey…come here, you’re gonna get lost,” Jared said and grabbed a hold of Kellin. “No I’m not,” he protested. Jared just sighed and pulled him close.
“You’re not a pansy,” he said and kissed Kellin's cheek. He smiled a little, and then Jared kissed his lips.
I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to watch this again. Apparently Kellin wasn’t either, because he shrugged him off, even as Jared backed him against the tree.
“Jare, stop,” he mumbled and pushed him away. He didn’t though, moving his body against Kellin's and kissing his neck. “Stop,” Kellin shoved him off again, glaring at him. “Jared, stop it—no,” Kellin moved away from him, a disgusted look on his face. “How many times do I have to tell you no?” he asked just as the fire went out.
They both looked back towards the others, wondering what had happened. I knew Jaime had put it out, they just didn’t.
“What’s going on?” Kellin asked quietly, worry lacing his voice.
“It’s probably just Max fucking around again,” Jared said and moved towards them.
Kellin caught his arm, a frightened look on his face. “Relax,” Jared said and left Kellin standing there by himself.
One of them screamed, making Kellin jump. “Jared?” he asked, his voice quivering.
“I swear he’s just messing with us,” Jared said and then disappeared again. He screamed, Kellin jumping back. “Stop, this isn’t funny,” he cried, genuinely scared.
Someone else screamed then, just as Mike ran past. I guess Kellin saw him, because he shrieked and jumped back, tripping over something. “Kellin!” someone screamed, their voice getting cut off.
He stood up, just in time to see his friend come running. “Run,” he said, and then got grabbed by Tony.
Kellin stumbled backwards and then ran a bit into the woods before tripping. I frowned and caught him, earning a little shriek.
I turned him around, pinning him against one of the larger trees. His eyes widened in fear, his whole body shaking in front of me.
The moon cast the only light in the woods, bleaching his skin deadly white, and his black hair silver. “Aren't you going to scream?” I asked, kind of confused.
“N-n-no,” he whimpered. “Why not?” I stared at him, my body only a few inches from his. “Th-there’s n-no one to hear me-e, and w-why would they help m-me anyways?” I half-smiled, intrigued again.
He glanced over my shoulder, looking at nothing. “Planning to run away?” I asked, knowing he couldn’t.
“I d-don’t think I’d get v-very far,” he stuttered, making me smirk. “You’re so rational,” I said, more to myself than him. Kellin just stared at me with that panicked look on his face. “Are th-they-?” I frowned and nodded.
“Most likely,” He whimpered at that, a fresh wave of fear evident on his face. “Are y-you going to k-kill me t-too?” he asked, still breathing heavily.
“I haven’t decided…you’re so interesting,” Kellin frowned, his expression still scared. I moved closer, leaning towards his neck and breathing deeply.
I was so thirsty, and he smelled so good…. I rested my hand on his chest, noticing the way he flinched. “I can feel your heart racing,” I commented, loving the way the adrenaline made it thump under my palm.
“Breathe,” I instructed, not fond of his fear. Usually I enjoyed terrorizing my victims, but for some reason his unsettled me. “W-what are you going to d-do to me?” he asked.
“I’m not going to hurt you,” I said and looked back at his face. “Calm down,” He stared into my eyes, the compulsion calming him. I felt his heart beat slower and slower as he relaxed, his breathing evening out.
“That wasn’t so hard, now was it?” Kellin shook his head slightly. “I don’t understand,” he said. “Why them and not me?” I quirked my mouth to the side, thinking.
“I’m not sure. I’m kind of fond of you,” Kellin frowned, looking even more confused.
“I was watching you earlier,” I said, aware of how creepy that sounded. “I was looking out for everyone else, and I saw you,” He just stared at me.
“You weren’t like the rest of them,” Kellin's eyebrows knit together to match his little frown. “You’re sweet and cute, and they were cruel,” He seemed to understand that, although he didn’t appear pleased.
“You didn’t have to kill them,” he said, his voice breaking. “You don’t understand,” I caught his gaze before could cry, his eyes widening.
I had opened my mouth, showing off my sharpened canines. “We don’t have a choice,” I explained and moved closer to him. “W-what—n-no, vampires aren’t r-real,” he said.
“As far as you know,” Kellin whimpered as I inched closer to him my lips ghosting along his throat. I felt him swallow, his heart rate picking up again.
“Y-you said you w-wouldn’t hurt me-e,” he said, trembling slightly. “I won’t. Not fatally, at least. I just need to taste,” I pressed my lips to his throat, feeling the blood pumping under his skin.
“Just breathe,” I whispered and slowly opened my mouth. Kellin shivered lightly as my breath touched his skin. I bit him as gently as I could, Kellin whimpering in pain.
He held onto my shirt, clinging to me as I drank. His warm blood pooled into my mouth, the taste heavenly on my tongue. I moaned and swallowed greedily, desperate to quench my thirst. Kellin held onto me tighter, his knees going weak. I caught him, holding him up as I finished.
He collapsed, passing out in my arms as I moved back, licking over the wound gently.
I scooped him up, carrying him bridal style towards the house. His face rested against my neck, his skin icy against mine. I frowned, displeased with how cold he was.
He shouldn’t be this cold. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER TWOOOO

let me know if you like it
comment/rec/sub/

title- "The Cheap Bouquet" Pierce the Veil