Status: i'll update it, i swear

Hold Me Hostage

And A Diamond Ring

I woke up slowly, confused as to what had rolled into me. I blinked and looked over, smiling down at Kellin as he snuggled into my side.
He had insisted on me sleeping in the bed with him, even though I didn’t really mind the couch. It wasn’t the greatest, but it definitely wasn’t the worst.
Kellin made a little noise and nuzzled his face against my side as he wiggled around, trying to get comfortable. I smiled and lay back against the pillow again, trying not to laugh as Kellin scratched his nose in his sleep.
He did some really cute and funny things when he slept, and it was fun to watch. He was just generally amusing.
I sighed and glanced at the time, frowning at how late it was. I didn’t usually sleep this long.
I moved slightly, trying not to jostle him as I got up. He mumbled something and lifted his head, looking at me sleepily.
“Hey,” he muttered, “I was comfy,” I laughed as he made grabby hands at me, insisting I lay down again.
“You’re silly,” I said and lay down beside him, laughing as he leeched to my side again.
“Mm,” he mumbled and curled up into a ball beside me. He rested his head in the crook of my arm, his arm pulled close to his chest and resting on mine.
I smiled and wrapped my arm around him, actually really liking how cuddly he was.
Kellin shifted again, bending his leg and leaning it against mine. “Are you done now?” I asked, smiling at him. “Mhm,” He smiled up at me and then closed his eyes, breathing quietly. I smiled and relaxed against him too.
“You’re skin’s really soft,” Kellin said quietly. I smiled and ran my fingertips along his bare arm. “You too,” He shivered lightly, a little smile on his lips.
He was quiet for a while, and then sat up suddenly. “I can’t sleep now,” I laughed, earning a little glare.
Kellin leaned over me and then kissed my lips quickly. I smiled, a little off guard, and kissed back, just tasting him.
“What was that for?” I asked and smiled up at him. “I don’t know, I just wanted to,” he said and then lay back down. I could feel the heat from his cheek; of course he was blushing. “You’re so cute,”
Kellin smiled and wiggled around again before sitting up and stretching. “When were you supposed to go home?” I asked. “Why?” he asked and made a little face at me. “Because, people will notice when you don’t come home. I want to know when to expect the missing person’s reports.”
We were the only residence for miles, and I wasn’t sure if anyone knew about our house being here. If they found out though, the police would be sure to ask questions.
“Um, two days, I guess. We were going to leave tomorrow,” I nodded a bit. “So, your parents will probably file the report either tomorrow night or the day after.”
Kellin nodded slightly, frowning down at his hands. “What’s wrong?” I asked, not liking how sad he looked. “Nothing,” he mumbled, clearly lying.
“Kellin, what’s wrong?” He bit his lip, looking up at me. “I—all of my stuff is at home……if they think I’m dead, what will they do with my stuff?” I sighed and leant close to him pressing a kiss to his hair.
“I can get it for you,” I offered, my voice gentle. “You don’t have to do—“Kellin, they’re obviously things that you care about, so I’ll get them for you. Is there anything in particular?” He nodded, his pretty eyes wide.
“My photo album, my laptop, and my camera. Oh, and um…there’s a notebook under my pillow,” I nodded a bit and stood up to get dressed.
“Do you have a phone?” I asked. “Um…it was in my bag in the car. Why?” I frowned, wondering what Mike had done with the car.
“Well, you’re phone could be tracked, so if it were here, the police could find you. Also, I’ll get you a new laptop, but I’ll get all the files for you. Do you think they’ll notice if your things are missing?” Kellin shook his head.
“No one ever goes in my room. Besides, most of my things are hidden,” I nodded a little and slid my shoes on. “Take me with you,” Kellin said.
“No,” He pouted, making puppy eyes at me. “But how will you know where my things are?” he countered. “You’ll tell me,” Kellin shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest. “Then you won't get them,” I said back, trying not to give in.
“Then I’ll just run away,”
I scowled, pressing my lips together. “You can’t. I’ll just find you after,” Kellin shook his head again. “You’re lying,” he said. “Take me with you or I’ll leave,”
I groaned, running my hand through my hair. “That isn’t fair,” He just shrugged, still glaring at me. “Fine, get dressed,” I stalked out of the room, heading towards Mike’s bedroom. “What do you want?” he groaned, pulling his pillow over his head. “What did you do with their phones?” I asked.
“What? Vic, it’s too fucking early for this,” he whined and sat up, rubbing a hand over his face.
“Ugh, they’re over there,” I walked over to his desk, picking up one of the phones. It turned on to a picture of Kellin and Jared, the lock code in front of it.
I snapped it in half, Mike raising his eyebrows at me. “What? You know they can track phones,” He raised his hands, lying back on the bed.
“Vic?” Kellin called, looking for me. “In here,” He walked in, looking at me. “Which one of these if yours?” I asked, gesturing to the other phones in front of me.
Kellin picked up his, clicking it on and unlocking it before handing it to me.
I looked through it a bit, deleting all of the social media apps. Alright, come on,” I said and picked up the rest of the phones, slipping Kellin's into my pocket.
Kellin followed me out of the house, walking behind me like a little puppy.
I led him ten minutes from the house, up to where the river branched out. “What are we doing here?” Kellin asked, looking into the water.
“Getting rid of these,” I said and snapped another one of them. Kellin watched me break each one, clean my fingerprints off of it, and then launch it into the river.
They all went downstream, disappearing into the water. “Why didn’t you throw mine?” Kellin asked, following me back to the house.
“In case you want to put anything onto it. I’ll get rid of it later,” he nodded a little and took my hand, walking next to me.
I led him to our garage, Kellin looking at me funny. “You drive a jeep?” he asked, wrinkling his nose.
It was all camouflage, which was probably why he didn’t like it. “Just in the woods; we have plenty more cars in a different garage,” He nodded a little and let go of my hand to get in. “What happened to Jay’s car?” he asked and buckled the harness around himself.
“Mike got rid of it,” He frowned, looking at me with that little half-confused, half-bored look on his face. “What do you mean?” I sighed and started the car, rolling it out into the woods. “He probably drove it off a cliff somewhere,”
Kellin's eyes widened in surprise.
“Couldn’t you have just left it where it was?” I shook my head, looking back at the trees as I drove. “No one will know how far out you guys were, so if they can’t find the car, then they can’t find exactly where you were,” I said.
Kellin bounced in his seat, the rough ground making the car jump around….
“Are we almost there?” Kellin asked. “Mhm, relax,” he sighed and rested his hands in his lap impatiently.
I took Kellin's directions and drove to his house, parking out back. “Will anyone be home?” I asked, Kellin shaking his head. “My bedroom windows are unlocked though,”
I sighed and got out of the car, walking around to pull a beanie over Kellin's hair, and then yank his hood up.
“No one’s going to see me,” he muttered and hopped out of the car.
“Just in case,” He frowned, apparently thinking I hadn’t heard that. “Don’t you have a spare key somewhere?” I asked, looking around the back door.
“Um, maybe, wait,” Kellin reached up to the gutter, wrinkling his nose in disgust as he pulled out a little key with some duct tape on it.
“Here,” he mumbled and set it in my hand. I used my sleeve to touch the door, making sure I didn’t leave any prints behind.
“Am I allowed to touch things?” Kellin asked, reaching to close the door. I nodded silently.
“You don’t have a security system, do you?” Kellin shook his head and motioned for me to follow him upstairs.
He led me to his room, opening the door for me. “Your room’s a mess,” I muttered, looking at all of the clothes that were scattered around.
“Sorry, I’m a teenager,” I rolled my eyes and let him gather up his things, Kellin saving everything off his computer to a flash drive.
I took that and the camera from him, Kellin cradling the photo album and notebook to his chest. “Anything else?” I asked, making sure he had all of the important things.
“Um…I don’t think so,” He looked around, a nostalgic expression on his face.
“Wait,” I watched him walk over to his dresser and sift though a little wooden box before pulling out a ring. He slid it onto his finger and then looked back at me.
“Okay, we can go now,” I nodded and headed back down the steps, Kellin following after me. He opened and closed the door for us, putting the key back where we found it.
I opened his door for him, Kellin pulling the hat off as soon as we were on the road.
I glanced at him, noticing the way he spun the little ring around his finger, over and over again.
He was silent the entire way back to the house, even when I asked if he wanted anything off his phone. He just emailed himself a few pictures, and then handed it back, watching me toss it into the river.
“Are you okay?” I asked, closing my door. “Mhm, I’m fine,” he mumbled and walked off towards the house.
I followed after him, frowning as he went silent again. “What is that?” I pointed to the ring, Kellin shrugging slightly. “A birthday present,”
He didn’t say anything else before disappearing up into my room. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
oh gees i have to write more now

title- "Stay Away from My Friends" Pierce the Veil