Status: i'll update it, i swear

Hold Me Hostage

Sharpen Your Teeth

I followed Kellin up to my room, frowning as I found him sitting on the bed and spinning the little ring around his finger. “Kellin,” I said softly, waiting for him to look at me.
“Kellin,” He glanced up, his face blank. “Could you tell me what I’m missing?” I asked, not understanding why he looked so sad suddenly. “Um…it’s nothing. Don’t worry about it,” I sighed and sat down on the bed beside him. “Please?”
Kellin spun the ring around a few more times before looking up at me. “It was my mom’s. She gave it to me on my twelfth birthday…right before she disappeared….” I frowned and leant forward to kiss his cheek. “I’m sorry,” I said softly,”
He shrugged a little and laid down. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I’m just going to take a nap.” I nodded a little, staring at him in confusion.
“I’ll leave you alone then,”
Kellin didn’t come downstairs for the rest of the day, and he was already asleep when I went upstairs. I sighed and stripped out of my clothes before getting in with him.
I kissed his hair gently and laid down to sleep….

“Kellin?” I mumbled, groping the sheets for him. They were cold and completely empty beside me. “Kell?” I sat up and looked around for him in confusion.
I got out of bed to look for him, pulling on clothes as I went. I went down the steps quickly, kind of afraid to think that maybe he had left. It wouldn’t be hard for me to find him, but I didn’t want to have to try.
“Hey, have you seen—you,” I pressed my lips and walked over to where Kellin was sitting on the counter, eating grapes out of a bowl. He was only in a tank top and a pair of cotton briefs that looked a little more like panties.
“Hi,” he said softly and smiled at me. “Hey…are you done ignoring me?” I asked and rested my hands on his thighs. “Mhm. Sorry, I just wanted to be alone for a while.”
I nodded and pecked his lips. He rested his arms on my shoulders, leaning forward a bit to kiss me gently. I caught his waist before he could slide off the counter and pushed him back a little.
“How come you’re naked?” I asked, looking down at him. “I didn’t get dressed. I didn’t really feel like it,” I nodded a little and nuzzled his cheek before turning my face into his hair and inhaling deeply.
“You smell so good,” I said softly. “Yeah?” I nodded and pressed my lips to his neck. He shivered as I gently ghosted my lips down the length of his pale throat.
I fought the urge to bite him and pulled away. “Did that turn you on?” he asked playfully. “Why?” Kellin laughed at me and kissed my cheek.
“Your eyes are dilated.” I blushed slightly and looked at Alex as he started laughing. “Already trying to get in his pants?” he asked teasingly, talking for the first time.
“Shut up Alex,” He laughed and looked back down at his cereal. “So I smell nice?” I nodded and smiled. “How can you tell?” Kellin asked.
“All humans smell different. You’re blood smell different,” He nodded a little. “So what do I smell like?” I bit my lip, trying to place exactly what it was.
“Um…kind of like…honey and strawberries mixed with pennies,” Kellin's nose wrinkled. “Pennies?” I laughed at his expression and nodded. “Blood has a different scent to vampires, so we can detect individuals, but it still has that metallic smell,”
He nodded slightly and popped another grape into his mouth. “Want one?” I shook my head, not in the mood for real food.
Kellin didn’t seem to notice the way I was lusting over him as he continued to eat his bowl of grapes. I leant in to kiss his throat again, gently nipping at the skin.
He tilted his head to the side, giving me better access to his pretty neck. “Mhm,” he mumbled. “Are you hungry?” he asked softly and kissed my shoulder.
I nodded slightly, not wanting to force him. “Okay,” I kissed the crook of his neck gently before opening my mouth. He shivered as my breath ghosted over his skin.
My eyes fell closed as I inhaled his sweet scent. I felt my canines extend and then bit him as gently as I could. Kellin still hissed in pain, his hand holding onto my shoulder tighter.
His blood oozed into my mouth, the taste heavenly on my tongue. I fought the urge to moan as I swallowed. Kellin turned his face into my hair as I drank from him. I took a few more deep swallows before licking over the little marks I had made into his throat.
He shuddered and leant his head against my shoulder as I pulled back. “Are you okay?” I asked, making sure he couldn’t see me licking my lips.
“Mhm…just a little light-headed,” I frowned and pushed him back the slightest bit to look at him. I moved slowly so that he could still lean on me and got the bottle of orange juice out of the fridge for him. I poured him a glass and handed it to him, earning a funny look.
“It has sugar in it; it’ll help you feel better,” He nodded and took a few sips before leaning in to kiss me. “Do you feel better?” he asked, smiling as I nodded.
“Thanks,” I said softly and kissed his lips. “Mhm,” He set his bowl on the counter beside his leg and then wiggled around a little.
“This isn’t the most comfortable place to sit,” he said and squirmed some more. “It’s a wood counter, what did you expect?” Kellin stuck his tongue out at me and then took another sip of his juice.
“Hey, Vic. You should come see this,” Mike said, suddenly standing in the doorway. “What is it?” he just cringed and waved me out towards the living room.
I glanced at Kellin and then lifted him up, almost laughing as he clung to me. “Don’t drop me,” he scolded and tried to wiggle out of my arms.
“Well if you’d stop squirming,” He did as I asked and wrapped his limbs around me tightly so that I could carry him out to the living room with me.
I set him on his feet both of us walking up to the tv where Mike was sitting on the couch. Kellin sat down too, pulling the throw blanket over his lap, while I stood behind him.
“What is this?” I asked. “The missing persons report,” Mike said flatly.
“What? I thought you weren’t even supposed to be home until late today?” Kellin nodded slowly, staring at the screen. Each of his ‘friends’ names were listed off, his coming up last. They put up their pictures for each of them, mentioning that the boys and the car was missing, and that all of their phones had been disconnected completely.
“Do you think they’ll start looking for me?” Kellin asked, turning his head around to look at me. “Yes. But they won’t find you. Mike and Jaime cleared all traces that could lead you back to here, and we didn’t touch anything at your house. No one saw us, and no one can contact you,”
He nodded slowly. “But won't they come here?” he asked. “Possibly…we’ll have to take you away…at least for a while,” Kellin frowned and looked back at the tv as they made another announcement. They were interviewing their families.
Kellin's dad and appeared, along with his step-mother, who was crying her eyes out. “We just want our sons back,” she sobbed.
Kellin rolled his eyes and pulled his knees up to his chest to hug his arms around them. I gently ran my fingers through his hair, giving him a sympathetic look as he tilted his head back. “They really only care about him,” he said softly.
I frowned down at him and then walked around the couch to sit with him. Everyone else had slowly drifted down to the living room, all standing around to watch.
Kellin moved to lean against me, tucking himself into my chest as I draped my arm over the back of the couch. “What do you think we should do?” Jaime asked, sitting on the arm beside Mike.
“Well, we’ll have to be really fucking careful who we’re feeding off of. Only two at a time at the most,” Tony said. “Well Jack and I can use each other, and Vic’s got Kellin. You three should be alright,”
I watched Kellin as he shook his head. “You could use me too,” he said. “No,” He turned to look at me stubbornly. “Why not? I’m the reason you have to do all of this anyways, so why not just use me; especially if it’ll keep you from getting caught,”
I started shaking my head before he was even finished talking. “Kellin you can barely stand when I do it. There’s no way you could sustain four vampires at once,”
He pressed his lips tightly, glaring at me. “Not all at once. You could take turns. Like…two a day? One in the morning and one at night, and then alternate days,”
I kind of hated how rational he was. “It’s actually not that bad of an idea,” I glared at Mike for encouraging him. “See?” Kellin said and smiled triumphantly at me. I knew he was enjoying this.
“Fine,” He smiled proudly to himself and then snuggled into my side. “So, how are we going to arrange this? Like, each day?” Kellin shrugged lightly.
“Vic already bit me today,” he said, making Mike laugh. “Of course you did. So, who wants tonight?” No one said anything, probably aware of how uncomfortable I was with this entire plan. “Alright fine, I will. You two can fight over him tomorrow,”
I sighed and propped my head up on my hand, wondering what I had gotten into today. Surely Kellin couldn’t sustain the four of us and himself. How was he even going to have enough blood left for himself? ~
♠ ♠ ♠
omg it's been years

title- "The Sky Under the Sea" Pierce the Veil