Status: i'll update it, i swear

Hold Me Hostage

Bite As Hard As You Want

I watched as Jaime held Kellin's wrist to his mouth to bite him. Apparently, Tony had decided to go last. Kellin leant back against my chest, wincing as he bit into his skin.
I rubbed his side gently, trying to soothe him as he drank. I knew Jaime wouldn’t hurt him, but he wasn’t exactly gentle either.
He took a few long swallows before I saw his tongue flick over the two brand new holes in Kellin's wrist. He was starting to look like a game of connect the dots.
“Jesus, you weren’t kidding,” Jaime said and sat back. “About what?” I smirked a little at Kellin and nodded. “What?” Jaime and I both laughed, teasing him a little. “Your blood is very…potent? It’s hard to stop,”
He frowned slightly. “Why?” he asked. “It just is. Everyone’s blood is different Kell, and yours just happens to be a bit stronger,”
Kellin looked away from me then, leaning his head on my shoulder. “Do you feel okay?” I asked him. “Mhm, I’m fine,” I frowned, knowing he was probably dizzy.
He moved away from me, going to stand, and nearly fell back into the couch. I caught him before he could fall, my face showing how concerned I was.
“I’m okay. I just got up too fast,” he said and took a deep breath. “Relax,” he said, directly to me. “I’m alright. I just need to eat something,”
I nodded and hesitantly let go of his waist so that he could walk out to the kitchen. I watched him the entire way, making sure he didn’t fall.
“You’re totally gone for him, aren’t you?” Jaime asked. I looked over and sighed. “Just a bit. Am I really that obvious?” He nodded, kind of sympathetically and then smiled.
“He likes you though. From what I’ve seen…he feels safe around you,” I smiled back softly, knowing that he was probably right. Jaime had a way of reading people that always seemed to be true.
Kellin came back before we could say anything else with a plate and a glass of milk. He sat down again, setting his lunch on the table so that he could cuddle up to me again.
I smiled in amusement, watching him wiggle around between my legs until he was comfortable. He had made himself a sandwich, the bread toasted and cut into two triangles. “Are you done?” I asked as he finally stopped squirming. Kellin just looked at me innocently and nodded. I watched him pick up his plate, seemingly careless as he set it on my thigh.
I watched him take a tiny bite of his sandwich, having learned his lesson yesterday. He had let Mike feed off of him around six and then ate dinner immediately after. The only problem was that he made himself sick from eating too quickly.
I combed my fingers through his hair gently as he ate, brushing his bangs out of his eyes. He looked up to smile at me before taking a sip of his milk.
“You’re cute,” I said and kissed his temple. Kellin ignored my comment and continued to nibble on his sandwich. I noticed Jaime watching us, a small smile on his lips.
“What?” I mouthed over Kellin. He just shook his head and smiled a little wider. “I like seeing you happy,” he mouthed back, making me smile. “Thanks,”
He nodded and got up, picking his phone up off the table. “I’m gonna go see if Tony’s busy,” he said and headed up the steps.
Kellin had finished one half and taken a few bites of the second before he set his plate down. “I’m just going to wait a little,” he said and rested his head on my chest.
I nodded and smiled, gently rubbing his side. He closed his eyes, his small body relaxing against mine. “You’re so comfy,” he mumbled and wiggled around a bit. “I think I might nap on you,”
I laughed quietly at that. “Oh will you?” Kellin nodded and pulled the blanket up over himself while wiggling around to lie on his other side. “I can take you upstairs,” I offered.
He just shrugged and sighed, content to lay on me instead. I brushed his cheek with my fingers, reveling in how soft his skin was. He didn’t seem to mind as I pet his cheek and then combed my fingers through his hair.
I stopped eventually and laughed when Kellin looked up at me, obviously displeased. “Why did you stop?” he asked, his wide eyes looking bluer than usual.
I shrugged and rubbed his shoulder until he laid down again. He relaxed as I started petting his hair again, letting my fingers rake through the soft strands. I watched him for a while, gently combing his hair over and over.
He fell asleep eventually, his little breaths warming my side. I didn’t stop my hand, actually enjoying myself as I soothed him.
I rested my head on the side of the couch, just relishing in this peaceful moment with him….

“Vic,” I heard distantly. “Vic, wake up,” I blinked slowly, my eyes taking a few seconds to focus on Mike above me. “Hey, you guys fell asleep,” he said quietly.
I nodded and moved slightly, suddenly aware of the little body in my arms. I had Kellin lying on top of me, his legs in between mine, and his arms around me too. His head was resting on my shoulder, his eyelashes fluttering slightly.
“Did you need me for something?” I wasn’t trying to be rude, but I didn’t really want to wake Kellin. “Uh, yeah. They police have sent out a search party for them. They’ve been trolling the woods all day apparently,”
I frowned and nodded before moving slightly. Gratefully, Kellin didn’t stir. I carefully moved and managed to lift him up. “Let me just put him upstairs and then I’ll be back,” Mike nodded and watched me carry Kellin up the steps.
He woke up a little, mumbling things at me. “Shh, you’re okay. Just go back to sleep,” He looked up at me before wiggling in my arms and then closing his eyes again.
I set him on the bed, smiling a little as he whined. “Stay with me,” he whimpered and clung to me. I leant down and kissed his hair while lightly stroking his cheek. “I’ll be right back,” I said and pulled the blankets up over him.
He mumbled and wiggled a bit before finally settling. I waited until he was finished and relaxed before leaving, quietly closing the door behind myself.
Mike, Jaime and Alex were downstairs, all sitting around. “Hey, so they have a search party out?” Mike nodded and frowned. “Yeah. Supposedly there are fifty people,”
I nodded and leant my arms on the back of the couch. “Have they mentioned on the news where they’ll be searching?” Jaime sighed and shook his head. “All they said was that they would be starting at the edge of the forest and heading up,” he said.
“And how far have they gotten today?” Mike cringed at that. “Almost halfway here, but it’s raining a bit, so they had to stop and head back. We need to get Kellin out of here,”
I nodded, hating the idea, but agreeing with him. Kellin couldn’t be found here. We had to get rid of every trace of him being here.
“Okay. We could probably get him out by tomorrow morning, and keep him where? He can’t be anywhere near here,” We all thought for a minute, the room going quiet. “Wait. What about Austin’s place? He’s close enough that we could get him there by the end of the day, and you know he’d be cool with hiding him,”
I nodded and sighed. “Can one of you give Austin a call? And then tell Alex and Tony what’s going on. We’ll have to wipe this place clean, and then…Mike, can you take him?”
He looked kind of surprised by that. “My name is on the deed to the house and all of the bills. I’ll need to be here. You however, I trust to take care of Kellin and no one knows exists,”
He nodded, a determined look on his face. “I’ll keep him safe,” he said reassuringly. I smiled and then sighed heavily. “Now all I have to do is convince him to leave,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
did you like what i did with the chapter names?

title- "The Sky Under the Sea" Pierce the Veil