Sequel: Two Halves of a Moon
Status: i love vampires. this is loosly based on the book.

Half Sisters in More Ways Than One

13: Saying Good-bye

When I woke up I was back in the car with Paul outside of the hospital in Forks. I had to have been out longer than I’ve ever been before. When I looked at Paul he looked like he was in pain, both physically and emotionally, and call it the imprint or whatever you want but I just knew it was because of me.

“What’s wrong Paul? I can’t sleep with you like that. I can feel it remember?” I joked.

“Now’s not the time for jokes Isa. I am defying a direct order right now and it’s killing me. Just hurry and make sure she’s okay and still, you know, human so we can go. I don’t know if I can defy him any longer.” I raced out of the car and into the hospital and straight to Bella’s room. Perks of being the chief’s daughter, one quick stop at the receptionists desk and you can continue on. By the time I got there Renee was sitting in front of the room.

“Oh Isa. I didn’t know you’d be here.” she said. Awkward.

“Um..yeah. Bella and I have gotten pretty close since she moved here from Phoenix.”

“Oh no sweetie I didn’t mean that. Your Uncle Sam said you were still weren’t feeling well and were on the Rez for a bit longer.”

“Oh um… I snuck away. I know I know it was wrong, but I had to make sure Bella was okay. I’ll only be a few minutes and I’ll be gone before Dad even gets back. Please Renee?” I watched as she had an inner argument with herself shifting from foot to foot before finally sighing defeated making me smile.

“Five minutes Isabelle and not a second more. Go. I’ll keep Charlie occupied.”

“Thank you Renee.” I gave her a quick hug before barging my way into the room. I stopped in my tracks when I seen that she was hooked up to a oxygen machine and her left leg was in a cast. I was almost in tears from the sight of her, but joyful tears. I could hear her heartbeat and a breath I didn’t even realize I was holding came out as my body filled with relief.

“You two are something special. Something I haven’t seen ever in all this time that I have been alive and neither has Carlisle.”

“Hello to you too Edward.”

“Pleasure Isa. Do you know what it is that links you to Bella? Why whenever something happens to her you faint? It can be proven to be to fatal in certain circumstances.”

“I know that Edward. I came to say good-bye. This is the only way I can learn to control whatever it is that links us. Until I can control it neither of us are safe from our enemies.”

“We’re not the bad guys Isa.”

“At least you aren’t which is why I’m here to ask you for a favor.”

“I don’t think…”

“Forget what my uncle or boyfriend thinks. Bella is my family and if I can’t protect her right now I need to know that you will. That you’ll do anything to keep her safe. Even if that means leaving her. Promise me Edward. Promise me that you will be there until I can.”

“I’ll do what I can Isa.”

“That’s not what I asked, but I have to take it I’m out of time. Tell her bye for me.” With that I ran out of her hospital room and out of the hospital back to the car tears streaming down my face. I didn’t know when the next time I’d be seeing her again, but I prayed that she understood why I had to go. I’d find a way to keep in contact with her besides using Edward Cullen. Whereas he might have saved my sister his kind still killed my mother and they were still considered a possible threat. I had to play it smart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this has been a satisfying journey you all have participated in with me. Can't wait to start writing New Moon. Subscribe to the sequel and comment your thoughts and opinions. thanks to all reccommenders, subscribers and readers.