Sequel: Two Halves of a Moon
Status: i love vampires. this is loosly based on the book.

Half Sisters in More Ways Than One

5: "He saved Bella. How Did He Do It?"

The next day school seemed to dragged. I got a text from Paul saying 'good morning and have a nice day'. That was literally the high point of my day. Made me remember that damn kiss. Fuck, I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. I couldn't get my mind off of it. At lunch Bella also seemed to notice and felt the need to tease me about it.

"Isa. Hello Isa." She said shaking me slightly.

"Um...sorry. I spaced out." I laughed trying to hide the blush from my cheeks.

"Still thinking about it?" she asked her eyebrow cocked. My blush deepen as she shook her head laughing. "I'll take that as a yes. Anyways, meet me after school and I'll give you a ride home."

"Well duhh. Seeing as I'm not allowed to be around my usual ride." I joked.

"Give it time Isa, they'll come around. They'll have too before the two of you runaway together." she winked.

"I don't believe it. Are the Swan girls actually getting along? What happened? Did Chief Swan lock you too in a room together?" asked Mike immediately annoying me.

"Yeah Mike that's what happened. Even though we're related we made out and now we're dating." I said rolling my eyes at him."Bella thanks to Mike I'm going to take up smoking now. I'll be outside."

"But it's raining."

"I'll take my umbrella. Unlike you I like the rain." She shrugged as I took a carrot off her plate and left. I wanted nothing more than to go home, but knowing Bella that wasn't going to happen until school was over.

"Hey there, trying to ditch school again?" I jumped before coming face to face with Sam. I couldn't even be scared as the excitement took over.

"Uncle Sam! Please tell me your here to finally that say I can come back to the rez." I begged.

"No wild one, I'm actually here to apologize about what happened last week. I shouldn't have yelled at you and at least tried to hear you out."

"All is already forgiven Sam, but I'll forgive you more if you let me back on the rez."

"Nice try Isa." I pouted as he laughed. Soon things became silent.

"Harry Clearwater told me about what happened last night." He said. My eyes popped open.

"I'm sorry I almost lied, it won't ever happen again." I said immediately making him laugh.

"Now that I didn't know and I don't doubt it won't." It took a minute before I realized what he was referring to. My cheeks heated up at the memory of the kiss. I was doomed to forever relive it.

"Your talking about Paul and..."

"The fact that not only did the two of you disobey, you made out while doing it."

"Sam..." I whined.

"I'm not mad Isa. I promise. I all knew it was going to happen eventually, but it's not quite like we imagined. Let's make a deal. You can come to the rez tomorrow if you can explain your feelings about Paul to me." My blush deepen. I can't believe he's making me do this. Either way I was screwed. I sighed as I spoked.

"He makes me very happy Sam and I like being around him and hates it when I'm not. I love that I can be myself with him. I don't know, it's like he gives me butterflies and fireworks all at once. I thought he felt the same until I realized he never looks me in my eyes."

"Are you sure about that Isa?"asked Sam looking more relieved than confused.

"Um...yeah, I'm positive about it. Bella actually pointed it out to me. Can I still come to the rez tomorrow?"

"Sure." He said smiling. "See you tomorrow wild one." I hugged him goodbye a little nervous. Sam was weird when he randomly smiled, but I knew I put it there so I guess it was okay. None of that matter though I was finally able to see Emily and the guys and especially Paul tomorrow. I was more happy than anything else.

After the surprised visit from Sam the school day seemed to drag even more. I just couldn't seem to contain my excitement. I was allowed to see all of them for at least a day. That was all I needed. A day. It was definitely more time than I had been getting lately. Finally it was last period and I seemed to let my thoughts roam more than anything else. When the bell rang I was the first one out of class. Not needing to head to my locker I headed straight for Bella's truck. All day I kept hearing whispers about Edward and Bella. Deciding not to believe them I kept going. Besides she and I were close now and she wouldn't mess all of that up for a Cullen. Would she? I spent at least five minutes waiting in the car when she finally walked up. She had her headphones in. Instead of getting in the car and driving off she opted to stand by the front of it. I followed her gaze and seen that she was paying close attention to that Cullen kid again. When he looked back at her she turned around. I sighed as I got out of the car.

"Really Bella?" I said leaning on the hood.

"On, Isa I didn't see you in there."she said putting a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Obviously not seeing as your attention is elsewhere." I teased as my eyes got wide. "Oh my god Bella watch out!" I yelled. She turned around horrified and froze as a speeding van inched closer to her. I thought she was done for. She was for sure done for and I was a witness to it. Which is why I'm standing here with my mouth hanging open and basically touching the ground, as I watch her standing up with Edward and his arm wrapped around her waist. She looked just as confused as I was, but she seemed to be a flattered that he saved her. Edward didn't stay around long enough to be thanked and seemed to be a little frightened. Of course everyone over reacted because Chief Swan's eldest daughter was ALMOST in a accident. Keyword being almost. Before long she was being taken away in an ambulance. Rolling her eyes she gave me the car keys and said she'll see me at home. I laughed as I got in the car and started the engine. I was surprised to see Sam and Paul waiting for me.

"Hey Isa, Charlie called us." Said Paul.

"Oh, did he tell you what happened?"

"Yeah. Did you see what happened?"

"Yeah. First she was a goner, then she's being saved by Edward Cullen. What's weird about the whole things is that, one minute he's across the parking lot nowhere near us, and the next he's saving Bella. Besides who's strong enough to pushed AN ENTIRE VAN away. Okay now I'm speculating. I don't even know if he pushed the van away. Thinking about this makes my head hurt. I just can't figure it out. Now I'm rambling, but I still wonder-"

"Isa, Isa. Take a breath." Laughed Paul.

"We have to go Isa, but your dad and Bella are on their way home. Are you okay?"

"A little shocked Uncle Sam, but I'll survive. Are you leaving Paul with me?"

"Nice try. I'll give you two a minute and that's it." He laughed hugging me. I stuck my tongue out at him as he walked away and once he was out of earshot Paul pulled me into his arms. I inhaled his scent out of habit.

"I like seeing you in my jacket." he said making me blush. In all the excitement I had completely forgotten that I wore his jacket to school today. "Can I ask you something?" he asked.

"Depends on if it'll irritate me. Everyone has been pissing me off lately." I answered earnestly.

"Do sleep naked with my sweater on?" he asked at the same time I said,

"Do you want to kiss me again?"

"Of course, but its weird knowing that Sam is lurking around." he answered as I just stared at him.

"That didn't stop that question though. Besides, we only a get a minute alone and that's it." I said imitating Sam. He laughed before pushing our lips together. I smiled as he put our foreheads together and I noticed he still had his eyes closed.

"Why won't you look me in the eyes Paul?" I whined feeling like I was completely ruining the moment.

"I want to fall in love you right now, but eventually I will." he smiled.

"Kiss her goodbye and let's go Paul."yelled Sam a laugh hidden in his tone.

"Are you as weirded out as I am at that?" He asked as I laughed.

"Yeah, but do it to teach him a lesson." He smiled before pushing his lips against mines again. I ran my hands through his little bit of hair as he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Okay, that's enough." yelled Sam. I threw my head back in laughter as Paul put me down. I hugged him goodbye before hugging Sam once more. They stood there until I went inside. I couldn't help the sigh that escaped my lips as I leaned against the door. That night Bella hardly said anything to me. I didn't get it. I thought we had finally made some kind of a break through. I guess not. I left it be as I fell asleep thinking about Paul.
♠ ♠ ♠
So happy to see that people are enjoying this. Makes me want to update more. Feedback is appreciated and welcomed....enjoy.