Sequel: Two Halves of a Moon
Status: i love vampires. this is loosly based on the book.

Half Sisters in More Ways Than One

8:Fairy Tale Life, Doubting The Happy Ending

Three weeks. That's how long I've been here on the rez, and now that it was coming to a close it was a bittersweet sweet feeling. I was glad to be getting away from the overbearing alpha, but I was upset cause I didn't know when I'd be able to come back. Charlie was definitely going to hold this one over my head every chance I got. I didn't blame him, I missed him to a point where there was a aching sensation in my chest. When I got home I was going to run to him like the four year old inside me wanted to.

"Isa, are you sure you're ready to leave? I mean containing anger is hard."

"Sam, I'm positive. After three weeks of your hovering every time Paul's around I don't think anything else can anger me further." I laughed as Emily snickered.

"Watch it." He warned and I kissed his cheek before running out to Billy's house. It was later then I expected it to be. I had a horrible gut feeling as I walked to the house, and the overwhelming urge to phase. I could feel pain. Lots of it and I didn't like it. The feeling was so overwhelming that I fainted. When I woke I was surrounded by the elders and the guys.

"What happened?" I asked my throat dry. I smiled as Emily handed me a cup of water. A cooling sensation passed through my body as I drunk it.

"You fainted." Said Jake trying to hold back a laugh. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I. Don't. Faint." I made sure to put emphasis on each word. I looked over to Sam and he had a guilty expression written across his face.

"Spill it already Sam, before you hurt yourself."

"I might've withheld something about the night your mother was killed Isa." he admitted and was hesitant to meet my eyes.

"Like what?"

"Well it happened right before I reached Charlie's. My plan was to drop you off and rush back to help Mara, but as soon as we got the the driveway you just fainted. I didn't know what to make of it. So I stayed and helped Charlie till you regained consciousness. I didn't want to worry your mother. It was all so sudden and so strange. When I was sure you were fine I went back to the rez. Mara was nowhere to be found. So I went and searched where we were last and last when I found her body. I went back to the rez and kind of lost it and that's why Emily has the scars on her face. Charlie just called to let us know that Waylen has died. We believe that your fainting spells happen when people you know personally are in danger." I looked at him before bursting into laughter.

"Are you kidding me? That's some bullshit fairy-tale vampire type of shit." I spat laughing again. They all cringed from my language, but said nothing on the matter.

"When will you realize Isa, your life is that fairy-tale." The bubble of laughter held in my throat as my mouth suddenly went dry again.

"I need to go. I have to make sure that Charlie is okay. He and Bella are to much alike for her to console him." I said nothing else as I stood up. I knew Sam wanted to fight me on it, but Billy stopped him. Sam couldn't disobey the alphas of alphas even if Billy wasn't the alpha anymore. He was still the leader. The one in charge.

"Very well Isa, Paul will take you. Paul you may stay as long as is needed." He sighed. I felt my eyebrows knit together and my body begin to shake with anger at realization that they were trying to make me feel guilty about wanting to leave the rez. I couldn't do it anymore I had to get away. I climbed into the passengers seat of Paul's car, thanks to Jake wanting any excuse to see Bella I no longer had the truck. As soon as he started the car we started on the familiar path to my house.

"Are you okay?" He asked after a moment of very uncomfortable silence.

"I'm fine." I spat. He groaned.

"I don't even need the imprint to know that your lying. Next time, keep in mind that I can practically feel what your feeling. So again I ask, what's wrong?"

I sighed knowing he was right. Thanks to this damn imprint thing he'd know when I'm lying.

"Its all too much Paul. I just need a few days away from it... Away from it all." I confessed saying the last part of it in a hushed breath and mostly to myself. For a minute he said nothing, then asked the question I was dreading he would.

"Does 'it all' include me?" He sounded hurt and I felt my heart break a little knowing I was the cause for it. We finally pulled up into my driveway when I got the courage to answer him back.

"Unfortunately yes." I whispered. He sighed and we sat there for a moment more. This was harder then it needed to be.

"Fine." he breathed. "Can I at least get a kiss goodnight, since I don't know when I'll be able to get another one?"

"No." I spat before I could stop myself. He raised a questioning eyebrow at me. "No, because the night isn't over until the sun starts shining again." He smiled as he pulled me into a hug before I got out the car bags in hand. He stated that he was going to park his car down the street and he'd be waiting for me in my room after I talked to Charlie. I smiled and nodded my head okay hopping he wouldn't just leave me hanging. Even with what I was told I didn't think this imprint thing would last if one of us were suddenly having doubt's about their being. As soon as I entered the house Bella wrapped her arms around me and whispered she had so much to tell me. I whispered back later and asked about Charlie.

"He went back in to work. He's kind of frazzled by this. Told me to give you this though." she said handing me a can of pepper spray. "Look they match." I laughed as she rolled her eyes suggestively and we headed up to the room. As soon as the door opened she turned to me.

"And this is why we need our own rooms." She said rolling her eyes and pulling the sheet closed that separated the room only to peak her head out again a minute later.

"By the way I'm not sure, but I think I just had a date with Edward Cullen. Long story. I'll explain later." And she was gone a smile evident on her face. I groaned as I nestled up against Paul.

"I don't know if I can do this." I whined. He said nothing as he lifted my chin and place a gentle kiss on my lips. From that simple kiss I knew he wasn't going to be here in the morning. My life might be a fairy-tale, but I doubted that I was going to get that happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was reading it and knew I had to update it. Enjoy! Sorry for the wait.