American Boys

And he'll make you feel like the prettiest thing that he's ever seen

Emily

Seeing Sawyer in deep thought caused my own thoughts to begin to rumble through my head. How was I going to handle being alone when Arthur was far away? How would our relationship handle it? A long sigh escaping my lips when I felt Sawyer squeezing my hand lightly causing me to glance over at her. “We’ll make it through this, just like we did through college.” She stated to me with a smile.

Returning the smile to her, I nod my head to her response. Hoping she was right. Glancing around the room I see the rest of the guys that were drafted to the NFL. Getting to my feet I smile over at Sawyer, “Say we go grab an iced coffee or something from Starbucks while the boys are at the bar?” I asked Sawyer.

Seeing her nod her head I smiled as we headed out of the building. Walking down the street a few feet away as we stepped inside Starbucks. The aroma of muffins, coffee, and other assortments barn barded my nose causing me to let a soft mmm escape my lips. Hearing Sawyer’s giggles caused me to glance over at her as she laughed out. “What?” I asked her smiling as we waited in line.

“You do that every time we come here.” Sawyer laughs out as the line moves up a bit.

“I can’t help myself. This place just does that to me.” I grinned over at her smiling.

Hearing my phone go off, I dig around in my purse finding it. Sliding it unlock I see a message from Arthur as I read it to myself. Aaron is giving me a ride home. See you at the apartment. Love you-Arthur . Tossing my phone into my purse I smile over at Sawyer, “Aaron is giving Arthur a lift home, so…” I said to her.

She lets a sigh and laugh come out all in one, “Mind giving me one home then?” She asks me.

“Not at all.” I replied smiling.

When the line finally got us up to the counter. I placed my order for a mocha iced coffee and double chocolate chip muffin. Paying for Sawyer’s and mine order I head over to a small table in the café and sit down with her. Sipping my iced coffee and taking a smile bite of my muffin I look at her the question had been on my mind since the drat began today.

“Do you think we’ll be able to handle everything?” I asked Sawyer seeing her look up from her phone and stare at me.

“Honestly Ems.” She stops and sighs. “I have been wondering the same myself.” She says.

Letting a smile sigh escape my lips I look at her and nod slightly. “I’ve been wondering about this the whole time. The draft and all.” I sigh staring down at my hands.

“No matter what.” Sawyer says causing me to stare up at her. “I am sure we can overcome the obstacles and everything.” Sawyer said with a small smile.

Nodding my head to her I remain quiet and finish off my coffee and muffin. Getting up from my chair I toss my contents away and push the chair in. Walking out with Sawyer we head back to the building were the draft was being held in and I get in the charger that Arthur and I had come in. Grabbing the keys from my purse I start the car up and back out from the parking spot and heading down the road.

It didn’t take too long to arrive at Sawyer and Aaron’s apartment complex. Smiling over at her I push the car into park as we hug. “See you later, Sawyer.” I said to her.

“Bye hun.” She called out after climbing out of the car. Pushing it back into drive I peel out from the side curb heading onward. Turning the radio on, I hear the sports news giving out about the draft. Smiling to myself I turn down the street and pull into the parking garage of the complex Arthur and I lived in. Killing the engine to the car, I get out grabbing my purse and locking the car up.

Walking onto the elevator in the parking garage, I hit the floor we live on and waited. I was beyond excited for Arthur. For him to get into the NFL and everything. But things that followed, were starting to scare me. Arriving onto the floor I walk off going down to our apartment. Unlocking the door and stepping inside, I shut the door and lock it behind me. Tossing the purse onto the side table at the door. I make my way through the place going to our bedroom. Stripping out of the clothes, I slip into my pajamas and pull my hair back into a pony tail.

Coming out of the room I walk back into the living area and sit down on the sofa taking my phone from the sofa arm. Sliding it unlock I see messages from my mother, and Arthur’s mother. Deciding on my mother first, I call her back and begin talking to her. About everything the fears and all. Suddenly hearing the loud knock erupts me from talking with my mother and hanging up. Tossing the phone down I jog to the door and unlock it. Pulling it open I see Arthur and Aaron there. I could tell Arthur might had too much. Thanking Aaron I see him go on as I help Arthur inside and shut the door and lock it.

Managing to get him into the bedroom and onto the bed. I see him lean forwards a little with a grin upon his lips. “I wasn’t drunk.” Arthur laughed slightly looking up at me. I gave him a questionable look as he grins even more. “I just wanted to come home and be with you tonight before reality of being a NFL player kicks in.” He says sweetly.

I giggle lightly shaking my head as I lean into his body. Cupping his cheeks into my hands I caress them. The stubble of his beard that was trying to grow on his face pricking my fingers. Smiling to myself I lean in brushing my lips against his as a grin forms into his lips again. “I love you Arthur.” I say lightly.

“I love you too, Ems.” He whispers to me before his lips crash into mine lightly.

Returning the kiss, I gently push him back onto the bed. Climbing on top of him. He deepens the kiss, as our night of romance begins…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoy this update. Comments are appreciated.

Emily