My Demons

Prologue.

The cold, brisk air was too much. The streets were dead, and all that remained were the shadows created by the lamp posts. 'Let's get lost together, and never find our way back,' his voice resonated in my mind. 'Where are you?' I thought.

The wind picked up and coursed through my entire body. It was like a slap in the face, but I couldn't escape; instead, I welcomed it. I couldn't go back, there was nothing left for me. And so, I trudged on, zipping my jacket up a little more and lighting a cigarette. Self-destruction was my specialty, though I dabbled in self-loathing, too. There was something weirdly romantic and addicting in destroying oneself.

The shadows kept playing tricks on me; maybe they were trying to tell me something. I rubbed my eyes, blinking and trying to make it stop; but they only got worse. I was losing it, I thought. the demons - my demons - began to take form and I started to run.

"No, please go back into the dark," I begged, but they only grew bigger; taller.

As they chased me the houses and lights started to disappear. The road ahead was long and dark, with no end in sight. This was my path. But how was I supposed to move forward with these monsters in the way? I turned to face them, visibly scared, but with my chin up. They began to surround me; I was trapped.

"Join us and be where you belong," they said, beckoning for me.

"No! I'm better than this, I can be better than this!" I screamed at them, eyes shut and shaking my head.

But this was where I belonged - amongst my demons - was it not? What was the use in fighting my inevitable fate? I sunk to my knees and bowed my head, tears streaming down my face; so cold, so alone. They took over, and that was it, no turning back.

it was a beautiful disaster.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I've seriously written anything, and it has taken me a bit of practice to get back into the swing of things. I'm a little rusty, haha. But I'm on a journey of self-discovery after having this terrible year that has passed by me. I will definitely have more stories and such to come (: