My Demons

Chapter 4

After spending the afternoon with my mom and my step dad, checking out the cottage, stealing food from her fridge and using her shower, I got her to drop me back off at Dawson's. When I walked in, he and Ellie were sitting on the couch eating a pizza that she had apparently ordered. And of course, had waited for me to leave before doing so.

"Hey," I said as I sat down beside Ellie and grabbed a slice of pizza without asking.

"Hey, how was hanging out with your mom?" Dawson asked me as Ellie quietly eyed me.

"Good, I showered and had to borrow some clothes from her, hence why I look so dumb right now," I replied, pulling at the beach shorts she lent me.

He chuckled and said, "You look beautiful,"

As I smiled at him and he smiled back, Ellie got up off the couch and headed to his bedroom to get dressed. She started walking around the apartment, picking up pieces of clothing here and there and putting them on while we lay on the couch, cuddling. Not being able to find her pants, she decided not to wear any at all. The shirt she was wearing was pretty long because she was quite short, so she just wrapped a corset around herself, over top the t-shirt and threw on some fishnet stockings. In my opinion, she looked kind of slutty, but it was none of my business how she lived her life or what she wore when she left the house.

"I'm heading out, I'll probably be back later," she told us once she had gotten dressed.

"Alright, have fun," Dawson answered, not too interested.

Once she had left, we had the place to ourselves finally, "I can't believe she actually went out with no pants on," I said to him, surprised.

Shrugging, he replied, "Meh, that's Ellie. I don't like her very much, honestly,"

"Oh, why not?" I asked, turning my head away from the t.v. so I could actually see him, because I was now interested in hearing whatever story was about to come.

"I don't know, she just mooches off of everybody and is a huge slut. We hooked up once a while ago, too, but I'm not into her at all,"

Nodding slowly, I let the fact that he and Ellie had hooked up in the past sink in, "I see,"

"Yeah... But whatever, I like you. You're better," he told me, smiling and then kissing me.

I was fine with that answer, and while kissing him back, I let the thought of them together disappear from my mind.

We spent the entire night by ourselves, without any interruptions. It was the first time we really had any one-on-one time, at least while being sober, anyway. We stayed sober all night, actually, and when we eventually went to bed, we didn't even have sex. I slept the whole night with one of his arms under my neck and the other around my waist, spooning me. It felt so good, I didn't wake up once until the next morning.

I always seemed to be the first one awake, but I didn't mind. I enjoyed laying in his arms, playing on my phone quietly, and listening to him breath. When he finally did stir after about an hour, he rubbed his eyes and looked at me slightly confused, asking, "How long have you been awake?"

I smiled and paused for a second before replying, "About an hour or so,"

"Really?" He said, instantly concerned, "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I didn't want to, it's all good,"

"But I want to spend time with you before I go to work," He told me, snuggling in closer to me and kissing my forehead.

I couldn't help but let a stupid grin slowly appear on my face, "What time do you work at?" I asked.

"At 6,"

"Tonight?" I said surprised, thinking he meant he had to work soon.

"Yeah, tonight. I work all night until 6 tomorrow morning," Dawson replied, "I'll miss you, you should stay here and wait for me,"

"Okay,"