Status: incoplete

A Special Kind of Love

Chapter 28

"Vic we really should go, I have my last two exams tomorrow." I say, hoping it will motivate him to get home. It was nearing nine o'clock and even though it isn't that late I'm really tired. The twins did end up waking me up last night but it wasn't as bad as a few nights again. Speaking of the twins, they need to calm down. They move around so much and sometimes it really does hurt.

"You do have a point." Vic says before standing and helping me to my feet.

"Ready to go, Kate?" I asked and she nods as she helps Copeland get her shoes on. We all say our goodbyes before Vic grabs the bags Kate brought with her and we go out to the truck.

"Ready to go everyone?” Vic asks once the bags where in the bed of the truck and everyone climbed in.

"We're good.” Kate says and Vic gives me a questioning look before I nod. "Let's go.” I say before relaxing back in the seat.

"Mommy, whewe arw we going?" Cope says quietly but I'm not sure Kate heard, she seems pretty tired from the trip here.

"You’re going to stay with Vic and me." I say, looking back and Kate nods before letting out a yawn. "Where are we going to be staying, do you have an extra room?" Kate asks and I hit myself on the head.

"Vic, we forgot, we already have both of the babies rooms together." I say before looking back at Kate.

"Katelynne I'm so sorry, we don't have an extra room." I say and she glares at me before letting out a sigh. "Nice going Kellin." She says with a tired laugh and for the first time tonight I'm realizing how much having no help with Cope has affected her.

"Wait Kellin, doesn't our couch have the pull out bed?" Vic asks and I have to try and remember. After a minute I give up, both Vic and Kate laughing at me.

“Jesus, how am I going to pass my exams if I can’t remember anything?” I ask myself as Vic pulls into a parking spot outside of the building. Once Vic helps me out of the car I take Copeland's hand so Kate can help bring her bags in, I would help but Vic refuses to let me do anything that could hurt me.

“Vic, can you just give me the keys? I want to get to bed.” I say with a pout and Vic nods before tossing me the keys. “Just leave the door unlocked.” He says and I nod as I take Cope up to our apartment.