Status: In Progress ^-^

Seven Minutes

Always

In the middle of the night, the day after we had our date, Ali called me. I knew there had to be something wrong because it was like 3 o'clock in the morning. I answered and had to call her name, like, ten times before she answered me! Ten times! When she finally answered everything about the phone call made my heart break.

"There's something wrong, Darren." Her voice broke just like my heart. I knew something was wrong in that moment. She never called me "Darren".

"What's wrong, dear?" I asked, hoping to God that it wasn't her ex or anyone to hurt her.

"It's Drake! He's out of jail!" She exclaimed, "Darren, I'm scared." Who? I went over all the people that I know and a Drake didn't come up.

"Shhhh, baby, it's okay. Who's Drake?" I asked, attempting to soothe her.

"My ex-boyfriend that you beat for me. To protect me." I could literally feel my blood starting to boil! Why was he let out of prison?! That bastard deserves to stay in there for life! I really wanted to hit something! I wanted to spit! I was soooo angry! What kind of guy does he think he is that he can treat somebody like that?!

"I'll kill him." I offered. To be completely honest, I wasn't joking. If you put us in a room together I would honestly try to kill him. You can't hurt a girl and expect me not to hurt you. Especially it happens to be somebody I care a lot about.

"No, please, don't go near him. Darren, he knows where I live. He's bound to find me. Darren. Darren? Darren, someone's in my house and I think--" She was cut off. I ran out the door and drove to her house. Halfway through the police stopped me and pulled me over. I was 10 miles over! Really? Emergency here!

"Sir, do you realize how fast you were going?" The fat cop drawled. I didn't have time for this! My girlfriend could be dead! I couldn't think about it.

"Yes I do but there's an emergency. My girlfriend. She lives alone ad she called me saying her ex was out of jail. Her ex used to beat her and she said she heard someone come into her house. I think it might have been her ex. So, I really need to get there. That's why I was speeding. Please, Officer-" I checked the name. "Podgerello, can you let me off the hook?"

"I can't let you off the hook but my partner and I will follow you to her house to see if everything's alright. When we get there, I'll give you a ticket." He said. Well shit, a ticket for saving my girlfriend.

We made our way to Ali's house. I knocked. No answer. I could hear voices but it was too far away to tell who it was. I knocked again to no avail. I tried the handle but it was locked. I called her. Straight to voicemail. I suddenly heard a scream from inside her house. My heart started racing because I knew that was Ali. It suddenly struck me that I knew where she hid her spare key. I got it out and quietly unlocked her front door. I raced around looking in every nook and cranny for this girl. I heard quiet crying coming from her room. I raced up and quietly tried the handle in case someone dangerous was I there. The police were right behind me with their guns raised. The door was locked. I heard another bloodcurdling scream. Again, I knew it was Ali. I felt my blood boil. Someone was in there hurting Ali. I bust through the door to see no one was in the room. All that was there was a note. I picked up the note and read in cryptic writing.

"If you ever wanna see your girl again I suggest you listen very carefully. First, I want to know how much you actually care. You wanna see her? Find her. Second, cut off any and all contact with those Glee losers. Starkids too. You can work with them and everything but not off-screen. Finally, you can't tell anyone about this. Tell all in the room with you but nobody else. If you fail to do any of these, I will kill your little girlfriend. Although, if you succeed, I will leave you alone forever."

I turned around to tell the cops. All that was there was nothingness. No even the ticket. There was only an earsplitting ring going throughout the house. Weird.

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in cold sweat while listening to the earsplitting ringing that sounded exactly like the one in my dream. I turned over and shut off my alarm clock. Was that all a dream? Or maybe it is all real and Ali's really gone and I may never see her again. I started to silently sob at the thought. I had to call her. Even if she wasn't awake yet. I'd call her until she answer. I quickly picked up my phone and dialed her number. She answered on the first ring.

"Hello?" Her happy voice sang. I sighed in relief.

"Thank God! Baby, I just had the most horrible nightmare!!" I exclaimed, shaking lightly and letting out a heavy sob.

"Do you want me to come over?" She asked. "Also, did you just call me 'baby'?"

"Yes and yes" I answered shortly, smiling to myself. I suddenly let out a huge sob when I remembered a particularly awful part of the dream.

"Hey," she said calmly, "It's over now. I'm completely okay. There's nothing wrong. I'm okay and you're going to be alright. I'll be right over. Also, don't. Call. Me. Baby."

Shoot, I was hoping that she wouldn't comment on that. We hung up and I just sat in my boxer-briefs waiting for her arrival. I was shaking a lot and crying to myself. What if this is all a dream? I immediately pushed the thought away and tried to stop crying. Tried being the key word. Every time I tried to stop crying, I ended up crying even harder. She couldn't get here any faster! I couldn't even call her because that could cause an accident. Just thinking of her getting in an accident made me cry even harder.

Just as I was thinking about her and my awful dream, there was a rap on my door. I sniffled and went to answer it. It wasn't Ali. It was the police.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun, dun, duunnnnnn! Soooooo, what do you think? I updated! It was reaaaalllllyyyyy long! What do you think? Why were the police at Darren's door? Where is Ali? Why do I ask so many questions? You'll all soon find out! TTYL, my T-Bexxes!