Status: In Progress ^-^

Seven Minutes

Promises, Promises

Just as I was thinking about her and my awful dream, there was a rap on my door. I sniffled and went to answer it. It wasn't Ali. It was the police.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Officers, may I ask why yo've come over so...uhh...late?" I asked, just starting to see the rays of the sun peeking through the trees. They looked at each other and looked back at me.

"Are you Mr. Darren Everett Criss?" They asked solemnly. I nodded in reply.

"Yes sirs, that's me," I skeptically answered.

"We're very sorry to report that our branches in Canada have found your friend, Cory Allan Micheal Monteith, has been found dead in his hotel room of an apparent drug overdose.We're very sorry, Mr. Criss." They reported bowing their heads and starting to walk away.

I could not believe it. What about Lea? It was too awful. Cory couldn't be...dead...could he? He was doing so well! He even went to rehab for Christ's sake! There was another knock on the door. I didn't even bother to open it. I vaguely heard the door open behind me and heavy footfalls as if someone were running. Suddenly, there were arms around me and a voice hushing me and telling me it was going to be okay. A familiar voice. Ali's voice. She did not understand what I was going through. She did not know what happened to her favorite actor, other than me, of course.

"Lea told me what happened, honey. I'm so sorry about Cory." Maybe she did know what was happening.

"No, I'm sorry. He was a good friend and your inspiration. I-I'm...I'm just going to miss him. So much," I started sobbing again. I hated crying in front of her. She's not even my girlfriend! But I want her to be, I though, God, I wanted her to be my girlfriend so badly! It wan't going to happen though. She doesn't like me like that. I know what Cory would have said, though. 'If I wasn't dating Lea, I would have the balls to ask her. Just do it already. I hate seeing you in pain, man. Stop crying and kiss her. I'm nothing to worry about. I'm not leaving for very long. I'll always be there for you, man. I'm not going anywhere.'

All of it was true. Cory wouldn't have wanted any of us to cry over him. He would have wanted us to move on and live our lives. It was going to be a hard, long road to go alone. We all needed to be thankful that we weren't alone. None of us were alone. We all had each other and we could make this work. We could tell each other that it would be okay. Sure, there would be a few breakdowns and sorrow, that's normal. We'll all be in pain for awhile, but we could get back on our feet, and try again every time we fall, not only us, but Cory as well.

I looked over at Ali to see that she was crying as well but had a slightly concerned look on her face. I did exactly what Cory would have wanted me to. I kissed her. She kissed back immediately and I held her there in my arms. It was a slow, loving kiss and helped us each realize just how little you'll miss someone until they're gone for good.

"I'm sorry, baby..." I whispered lovingly. I kissed her forehead and sang quietly, the song I always sang in hard times.

"Baby, you're not alone, cause you're here with me. And nothing's ever gonna bring us down cause nothing can..." I sang quietly as I heard her breathing even out she fell asleep in my arms. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my room. I laid her on my bed and crawled in next to her.

"Trust me, D, I'll miss you more than you'll ever know...but I'm okay now. I'm not alone, you're not alone, no one is ever alone. I love you, man. I'll be back soon. Promise."

I'll miss you, too, C-monster. Goodbye to my best friend, I thought to myself as silent tear washed down my face, and trust me, buddy, I know you'll come back. You always keep your promises.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG I HAVEN'T UPDATED THIS STORY IN MONTHS!!! I AM SO SORRY!!! But...other than that pure gem....what did you think of this chapter? Did you cry as hard as I did as I wrote it? Trust me, the next chapter will be a lot happier, I promise. It's finally going to be the party scene. ALSO!!! You guys should read my other, newer story, on Wattpad called "Kiss...Don't Tell...". It's one of my favorite stories that I've ever written!! Check it out!!!! Again, I apologize for the long wait but the next chapter should be up relatively soon!! I love you guys!!! TTYL, my T-Bexxes!! <3