Young Love

Summer 2012

Its was the summer of 2012. I was 16, and grams house was the place to be. Things started to get out of hand at my house. My parents were fighting more, and I was getting fed up with life. I just wanted to escape spend the summer with friends andbe stress free. Grandmas was the closest I was getting to a vacation. Not for one moment did I ever imagine this would be the summer I would fall for your beautiful, majestic green eyes. We hung out with each other everyday basically. Not by ourselves, but with other people. People say first impressions mean everything. Boy did I make the worst first impression on you. Me and Kylie stood in front of the shed eating Popsicles. I would suck the juice out of the ice, and spit the little pieces of ice across the yard. Just so happens when I went to spit you were standing there. My little piece of ice went flying into your mouth. I was so embarresed me and Kylie ran into the house laughing our asses off. I didn't start to fall for you just yet. I just thought of you as my brothers friend. Life was good summer was great. I drank a lot, smoked a lot, and surprisingly met a lot of new friends. You just happened to be one of them. I never thought I would fall forbmy brothers best friend... "hi." I awkwardly stood there in the door way of the shed. "Whats up?" Everyone turned their heads. That happened at least three times everyday. "Will you get me a Popsicle?" Your green eyes met my blue eyes. "Get it yourself!" I jokingly said as I walked to the house to grab everyone a Popsicle. Our first little conversation was something I expected from an awkwardnperson like myself. "Who all wants one?" I walked in with a handleful of Popsicles. Everyone jumped to their feet to pick the color they wanted. "Thanks" everyone cheered as they sat back down to play video games. I really didn't know your name at the time, and honestly it bugged me. Small talk everyday got annoying, and I hoped it would change soon.