Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

I'm Telling

After I heard Kathryn’s story… it was hard to just tuck that away. It got kind of worse when I saw Jonathan skating around. To get over it though, I turned my camera on. While I was doing this, Kathryn sat next to me with her mom and dad on the other side of her.

“You should take some pictures of Sidney,” she whispered over to me.

“… Why?” I glanced over at her, trying to fight off a smile. I didn’t forget that little comment she made about him during my first Blackhawks games.

“Just… because,” she shrugged. “He’s the captain,” she added.

“Mhm,” I hummed and looked through my viewfinder to spot the captain that she wanted. It helped that him and Jonathan joined together to talk after a few drills were finished.

After I was satisfied with a few, I handed my camera over to Kathryn. She nearly let out a squeal when she realized I was letting her sift through them.

“So… where were you last night?” I asked quickly so that her parents couldn’t hear.

“Nowhere,” she muttered.

“Ok…” I replied with as much sarcasm as I could muster.

“Shut up,” she muttered once more, unable to fight a smile. Honestly, I didn’t think she’d tell me, but it was worth a shot… and it got her smiling. “Fraternizing with the enemy, huh?” she spoke up once more after a few moments.

I had gotten wrapped back up in the players zipping around on the ice. When I glanced over at her though, I saw that… she had gotten to the pictures I took of the handful of players… from team USA; Jack included. I didn’t even know that I capture the moment he looked at me either. His eyes were darting straight into my lens.

“Just in passing,” I quickly assured her.

“I’m telling Jonny,” she taunted.

“Oh, no. Not him,” I replied, playing up my tone to go along with her teasing one. She giggled and switched my camera off to hand it back to me.

“Have you ever skated before?” she asked randomly while we watched the boys do a few sprinting drills.

“No,” I shook my head.

“Now that, I have to tell Jonny,” a playful, devilish grin took over her face.

“That is a horrible idea,” I countered.

“It is wonderful. He will personally take it upon himself to get you on ice at some point,” she grinned even more.

“Lets just focus on these games,” I tried to shift her attention.

She didn’t say anything else, but she still had that playful expression upon her face. All I could do was shake my head through a smile and divert my eyes back to the red jerseys. But each time I glanced over at Kathryn, she seemed to watching Sidney go up and down the ice for some rushes. It was adorable. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say she has a little crush on him…
♠ ♠ ♠
I needed to go to bed so this is kind of lame buuut yeah