Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Didn't Know About My Team

I passed up on the second night dinner with the Toews parents. Everything that I had taken in today was just… a lot for me to handle. There’s this huge lie wrapped up in this family… and I just find it so odd that it hasn’t been corrected in so long.

The part that kind of bothered me most about it was that… Jonathan didn’t own up to it… ever. It’s obvious it’s something he’s not proud of. Who would be? But you would think it would slowly get better if he just fessed up and kind of let everyone start the real healing process.

But I am not in the Toews family. I am just dating the son. All I can do at the moment is be there for him and hope for the best.

While they were all out for dinner, I stayed back and wandered the village a little more. Actually, I scoped out the nearest coffee shop and took my computer and camera to blog a bit. It just so happened that the closest one was near the American side of things. I didn’t think anything of it. I grabbed a coffee and sat at a table for two near the corner out of sight.

Slowly sipping my warm coffee, I let the pictures that I had taken earlier transfer from my computer. While I waited for the large files to process, I glanced up and saw a rather bulky frame come closer. I nearly choked on my damn drink!

“Didn’t know I’d see you here,” fucking Jack smiled as he pulled out the seat on the other side of me; a steamy mug in his hand pudgy hands.

“Yeah, I… needed a place to focus,” I told him.

“What are you up to?” he made conversation.

“Staring at your face,” I had to poke once I noticed the picture that I had just brought up in Photoshop. I even flipped it around so that he could see. He laughed genuinely and shook his head. “It’s going on my blog,” I went on to explain.

“Blogger,” he kind of snickered.

“Not everyone can be blessed in the athletic department and make millions,” I countered.

“I didn’t mean any disrespect,” he put his hands up.

“Mhm,” I poked still.

“So, where are you from?” he changed subjects.

“Chicago,” I answered, “What about you?” I kept going. This is innocent, right? Just friendly conversation…

“Columbus,” he stated.

“Ohio?” I scrunched up my nose

“That’s where… my team is,” he chuckled.

“Ohio has a hockey team?” it just came out and I literally slapped my hand over my mouth. The look on his face seemed to be slightly offended. I didn’t mean that! “I’m so sorry,” I quickly added, “This hockey thing is new to me. If you’re not playing for the Blackhawks, I have no idea that you exist,” I confessed to him.

“Really?” he raised an eyebrow with a much more kinder smile. This is almost the exact same reaction that I got from Jonathan when I told him I didn’t pay attention to hockey.

“I’ve only been paying attention to it for like the past nine months,” I went on… since that’s about how long Jonathan and I have been dating.

“Didn’t know about my team,” he muttered in a playful grumpy tone.

“I’m sure they’re wonderful,” I tried to make up for it.

He laughed slightly and brought the white mug to his lips. He had turned in his seat so that his back could rest against the wall… and I could see his side profile. What is with hockey players and their incredible jawlines?! I quickly shook that thought aside and went back to my computer.

“Surprised you’re not with your family tonight,” I brought up since silence was lingering between us.

“I don’t really have anyone that came, so…” he trailed off, shrugging.

“… Not even your parents?” I pressed more. I seem to be on a roll with that today.

“Nah, I don’t… really get along with them,” he answered, keeping his eyes astray.

“Aw, I’m sorry to hear that,” I wanted to take back my words once again.

“Not everyone has the greatest family relations,” he gave his big shoulders another shrug.

I nodded my head, thinking back to the whole Jonathan and Kathryn situation… and couldn’t help but wonder how things would change if their parents ever found out the truth… That’s nothing to concern me though.

Jack and I talked a little more about random things before I said I needed to leave. I wasn’t getting anything done. My mind was too focused on wandering to other situations. Before I left, he told me that we should meet up again. I just nodded my head, not making any set plans. He seems like a nice guy, but I don’t want him or anyone else to get the wrong idea. Back in Chicago, Jonathan and I haven’t been too open about our relationship… and I like it. I don’t even know if people know he’s really seeing someone consistently. But I like that people aren’t poking around in our business and I don’t want to do anything to mess it up.
♠ ♠ ♠
JMFJ is my CBJ bae and when Katie brought up the idea of an 'Olympic' story, I had to throw him in here... I love him... like a lot