Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Number Three

“Is she doing this just to piss me off?” was the first thing out of Jonathan’s mouth as he watched his sister walk off with Sidney.

“Oh my god. Get over yourself,” came out of me without thinking… and from the quick glance that he shot at me, it offended him. Oh, Jonathan, your ego sometimes…

There was a chance she was hanging around Sidney more to get to Jonathan a little more since she wasn’t very happy with him right now. But from all of the comments that she’s been letting fly around me about Captain Canada, I can’t help but think there was possibly something there. And if the girl wants to have some fun, let her.

“I have… things to do,” he muttered and began to walk away from everyone.

His mom called out to him. The way she says his name is adorable though. He just kept walking, leaving me with his parents! And I knew from past experiences from past games, ‘things to do’ means he wanted to be left alone.

After saying an awkward goodbye to his parents, I followed the direction that he had wandered off too. I caught him exiting the arena, so I followed.

“Jonathan,” I tried to stop him. He just shoved his hands in his pockets of his jacket and kept walking. “I didn’t do anything to you. Don’t give me an attitude,” I added. I don’t know if other girls he’s dated kissed his ass like this, but I sure as hell wasn’t. I know he’s upset and I’m not going to leave him alone. His sister has someone with her right now and needs someone too.

“I told you I didn’t want to talk about anything,” he muttered, but let me catch up to him.

“I never said you had to talk about anything…” I reminded him. “But since you brought it up, it’s obviously on your conscience …”

“Well, duh it is,” he grumbled.

“I don’t want to make you talk about anything, but you don’t need to be a douche right now,” my niceness was fading… fast.

“I told you I had things to do,” he stated; his gaze staying locked forward, never looking over me.

“And what might that be? The game’s over…”

“Things,” was all he said.

And then I gave up. I wasn’t pushing this anymore. I told him this morning not to push me away and that’s exactly what he’s doing. Just because you’re pissed that your sister is hanging out with one of your teammates doesn’t mean that you can be all pissy towards me and expect to keep me waiting.

Leaving him to wander… wherever the hell he was going, I turned around and headed in the opposite direction. I was just planning on going back to my room and edit some things. Before I could get to that part of the village though, something caught my eye. It was a billboard. It was one of the ones that lit up and changed every few seconds. It was advertising the Team USA game. They were playing Slovakia in an hour. I stood there, debating for a few moments. And then the memory of Jack telling me that he didn’t have anyone here for him came flooding back over me… and I had to go.

It took a little longer for me to get in since my credentials weren’t specifically for this game. But I ditched my Canada sweater and made it inside in time to see the teams take to the ice for warm ups. I hurried down and found a spot against the glass on the USA end… and began a search for Jack.

… And I realized I didn’t know his number… or last name. How common of a name is Jack anyway?! My phone wasn’t going to be much help at the moment.

While I was still searching, a puck came flying at the glass. It hit about right where I was. It scared the shit out of me! I looked in the direction that it had come from… and spotted the man I was looking for. There stood a smiling Jack. His helmet was off and seemed so amused that he had startled me. I glared at him, trying to contain my smile. He appeared to be chuckling before his attention was on the rush that he needed to participate in. Once he was past the net, he skated around and laid a hit against the glass where I was standing. I didn’t even have to look at his face to know that he was smiling. This idiot… so glad I decided to come watch him… I mean the team. Watch the team. But now I know that this Jack is Jack Johnson, number three for team USA…
♠ ♠ ♠
0-:)