Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Devastating Smile

I managed to slip out of the apartment for my Friday morning classes without running into Jon. I even stayed on campus to study and finish up my homework. I then went to work for my shift and came back to the apartment, not really planning on doing much but watching something on Netflix in my room. I walked in and saw Jon and Kylee sitting on the couch. Kylee turned and smiled at me, Jon looking as well but keeping a straight face.

“Hey!” Kylee said, smiling still as she greeted me.

“Hey Kylee…” I said, kicking off my shoes and adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

“Hey…” Jon said, making me shoot him a look as I continued towards my bedroom. “You could respond, that’s kind of the polite thing to do.”

I sucked in a deep breath and bit my tongue as I slammed my door, starting a mass text to friends to see if anyone wanted to go out. When I got out of the shower, plans were all set to go out. I nodded a little and continued getting ready and once I finished my hair, I got dressed and texted everyone that I would be taking a cab and meeting them there. I grabbed the heels Jon had bought me for Christmas and slid them on, throwing on a jacket and heading out to the door.

“Where are you going?” Jon asked as I grabbed my house keys and dropped them into my purse.

“Out.” I replied shortly, zipping up my jacket and calling a cab quickly. I had ten minutes until they arrived.

“Don’t you think you’ve gone out enough lately? Shouldn’t you be working on school?” He replied.

“Why don’t you worry about yourself, okay?!” I snapped, shooting him a glare. He nearly flew off the couch and Kylee was right behind him, grabbing his arm.

“Then stop making me worry about you! Being drunk every night isn’t healthy and it sure as hell doesn’t look good when all of Chicago knows you’re my sister.” He said, making me drop my jaw.

“It’s always about you, isn’t!? God forbid, your fuck up little sister might make you look bad! Mr. Perfect, Captain of the Blackhawks and now you’re an Olympian. Must feel nice, huh? To have mom and dad look at you with such pride?” I seethed, clenching my fists tightly.

“You could still play hockey, don’t blame this all on me! You just don’t want to play anymore and now you’re trying to ruin my life because you don’t have one anymore!” He snapped.

“I don’t have a life!? Because I obviously don’t go to college or have a fucking job? Get the fuck over yourself, Jon!” I snapped back.

“Why can’t you just get over this!? It was five years ago! This is obviously what you’re so angry about!” He yelled now, in full volume.

“Because you’re the one that did this to me, Jon! You’re the one who decided to get drunk and get behind the wheel! You’re the one who crashed the car and put me in the hospital with a machine breathing for me! You were the one who sat there and let me suffer and miss out on the biggest, most important opportunity of my life! Then you have the balls to tell me to get over it, when you’re the one who got to go to the Olympics and win fucking gold! You’re my big brother! You were supposed to protect me!” I yelled back, starting to feel tears escaping and falling down my face. “But now I’m just a big disappointment, huh? Mom and Dad don’t even know what you did and I didn’t tell them to save your ass! Now you’re treating me like shit? I fucking hate you!” My phone went off with the number for the cab and I quickly wiped my eyes and stormed out, slamming the door hard.

I got in the cab and asked for some tissues, quickly dabbing my eyes and thankful that my makeup wasn’t ruined. They pulled up in front of the club and I paid them quickly, hopping out and heading in with ease, spotting my friends right away. My friend, Mandy, already had a drink ready for me. I smiled gratefully at her and started downing it quickly, needing to feel a buzz to forget the shit storm back at the apartment. The night started speeding by and before I knew it, I had too many drinks and was at the bar again, trying to get a shot. Someone appeared next to me and order two, then slid one to me. I looked up at him and he smiled, tapping his shot glass to mine as we shot them back.

“Thanks…” I said, sending him a quick smile. He was pretty hot, I had to say. Tight white v-neck over his muscular torso and blonde curly hair, with blue eyes to match.

“Hey, no problem. You here alone, beautiful?” He asked, leaning in to talk to me. He smelled like Calvin Klein and laundry detergent.

“With my friends, actually.” I said, leaning towards him as well.

“How about we get out of here?” He suggested, holding his arm out to me. I grinned and took his arm, texting Mandy that I was leaving and that she should text me in the morning to make sure I’m okay.

“I’m Kathryn, by the way.” I said as we waited for a cab by the curb. He grinned and slid his arm around my waist, pulling me against his side.

“I’m Patrick….and I hope you like breakfast.” He said, winking at me. I couldn’t say anything but simply smirk back at him. Just what I needed tonight, a hot guy with a devastating smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo ;D

Kathryn