Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Don't Get Yourself ***ed

I woke up feeling like I had been run over by the hangover express. I groaned, burying my head into the soft pillows that smelled so clean and fresh. I sighed a little and turned my head, opening my eyes and focusing on the room. I sat up and looked around for a moment then groaned again, realizing that I wasn’t home or at my friend’s house. I had a shirt on but it definitely wasn’t mine and it was big but so soft. I glanced down at the gray USA shirt and then got up, digging around my clothes. I couldn’t find them so I shrugged, I had underwear and a t-shirt on, and I figure this person must have seen me completely naked. I slowly made my way down the hall and found myself in the kitchen. Then the guy cooking turned around and I nearly slapped myself in the face.

“Patrick Kane….” I said, laughing a little and shaking my head. Of fucking course, I fight with my brother and end up sleeping with his teammate.

“Kathryn Toews….how badly do you think Jonny wants to kill me?” He asked, laughing a little bit.

“Don’t say anything and he won’t, it’s not a difficult concept.” I said, shrugging a little and crossing my arms.

“Actually, it is….I mean, I hook up with the hottest woman in Chicago and I don’t get to brag to my friends? Come on, that’s fucked up.” He said with that little trademark smirk of his.

“Number one, there’s much prettier women in Chicago. Number two, Jon will murder you if he hears that from you, of all people.” I said, counting off my fingers.

“Jon won’t do shit because I won’t mention your name too loudly.” He said with an even bigger smirk this time. I simply rolled my eyes at him and then spotted my clothes all folded up neatly on the couch. “Oh, housekeeper came by. She did the laundry.”

“Aw, poor lady, having to deal with you.” I teased, going over and grabbing my jeans, wiggling into them.

“Poor me! You just ruined my view! Off with the pants, come on, I don’t have practice for another hour.” He said, coming over and wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my neck.

“Whooooa, no. Slow your roll, Pat. This was a one-time thing, that’s it.” I said, turning and pushing on his chest. Patrick is a damn good looking guy, don’t get me wrong, but I was kinda after someone else who made me weak in the knees with his stupid, dorky face.

“You’re no fun….” He said with a slight pout. I rolled my eyes yet again and took off the USA shirt, tossing it at him and then dressing myself again.

“I’m kind of trying to become exclusive with someone so yeah, I guess I’m not fun.” I said, going to my purse and pulling out a hair tie, throwing my hair up into a messy bun and then finding my shoes.

“Ohhh, I see, okay. Well, good luck with that. He’s gotta be a lucky guy.” He said, smiling at me.

“Don’t get yourself murdered at practice, okay?” I asked, pulling my phone out and texting Kylee, asking her if she wants to meet me for breakfast. I needed some serious girl talk and I trusted her.

“What? You’re not gonna stay and eat? I cooked all of this!” He said, laughing when I shot him a look. “Okay, I only cooked bacon…I’ll see you around?”

“See you around, Kaner.” I said, laughing a little and waving as I walked out, my phone buzzing with a restaurant and a ‘I’ll be there soon’ text. I nodded a little and went down to the street, hailing myself a cab and making my way there. I also texted her that I needed Advil…I hope she remembers. The next text I sent was to Sidney, asking when he was playing the Blackhawks next.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooooo

;D