Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Talk, Not Yelling

I was due to be released from the hospital in just a few more days, thankfully. I had been there for almost ten days at this point and I was so incredibly over it. Kylee had finally managed to convince Jon to go back home and go back to the team. I was so glad she did that, because I couldn’t stand another second of him sitting in the corner of the room, running over every time I even sniffled. Kylee and I were watching some highlights from a Bruins and Rangers game when she looked up from her phone and at me.

“I wanted to talk to you about something…” she said cautiously, looking a little bit uncomfortable.

“Okay….” I said slowly, urging her to continue.

“I think…you and Jon should talk….about the accident…like really talk, not yelling. You both are hurting over it still and nobody understands better than you two. He feels so guilty, Kathryn, and I know he just wants to move past it. He can’t do that without you and you can’t do it without him.” She said. I stayed silent, glancing up at the TV, when she spoke up again. “You guys are some of the closest siblings I’ve ever met, I don’t want to see that relationship ruined.”

I sighed, rubbing my face a little bit and then running my hands through my gross hair. I knew she was right and I knew I should talk to Jon about this but the thought of talking about the accident again made me want to throw up….or maybe that was just the medicine. I finally looked back over at her and nodded a little bit.

“Okay…as soon as I get out of here…we’ll sit down and talk. But you need to be there…to mediate in case either of us starts getting testy.” I said, making her smile.

“I would be so glad to be there for you guys.” She said, smiling more just as a nurse came in, saying I had a visitor. Kylee stood up, expecting Jon, just like I was. Then, he stepped in the door and both of us looked slightly shocked.

“Uh….hey….” Sidney said, looking so awkward standing there. Bless him; he looked like he was trying to disguise himself with a ball cap and hoodie. Kylee cleared her throat a little and left the room.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, starting to feeling embarrassed that I looked so disgusting.

“I heard you had to go to the hospital…and we’re playing the Hawks tonight so, I wanted to stop by and see that you were okay.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. I smiled a little bit and looked down at the IV in my hand, sighing again.

“Thanks….that’s really sweet of you.” I said, making him smile a little bit and pulled out some flowers from behind his back. Oh just stop it! Where’s Disney with my movie deal?

“I um….thought these might brighten up the room a little.” He said, placing them on the side table and then squeezing himself into a chair.

“Thank you….I should be out of here in a few days, thankfully.” I said, watching him nod a little bit and glancing up at the TV to see some highlights from around the NHL.

“That’s good….too bad you can’t be at the game tonight.” He said, pouting slightly. “I’m sure you’ll be watching though, right?”

“Oh, of course I will. I’ll be cheering for my home team though….but I’ll cheer for just you too.” I said, making him laugh a little bit.

“So….when you’re…you know, healthy again….I was…kind of wondering…if you would maybe want to see Pittsburgh…” He said, looking everywhere but at me.

“Are you inviting me to visit?” I asked, laughing a little bit and smiling over at him.

“You don’t have to! I just uh….it’s stupid.” He said, shaking his head a little.

“No, I would love to. As soon as I have some free time from work and school, I’ll let you know.” I said, sending him a smile. He smiled back and nodded, cursing under his breath when his phone started ringing.

“I have to practice…” He said carefully, frowning slightly now.

“I understand, go on…good luck against us tonight, you’ll need it.” I teased, winking at him as he got up and headed for the door. He acted like my comment actually physically hurt and then let out one of those giggles that kill me.

“Feel better, Kathryn….I hope I see you soon.” He said, stopping at the door and smiling back at me.

“Me too….and thanks for coming by.” I said, smiling back. He gave me one last look before leaving the room. I sighed and sat back into the pillows, looking up at the TV again. Prince Charming…..damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late, art decided to imitate life for a bit this week.
But I'm much better now :)