Sequel: Take My Love

We Don't Have Forever

Heartbreaking Shit Show

The rest of my spring break with Sidney was full of my sour mood, no thanks to what I had seen at the game. Sidney was more than wonderful about everything, supporting me and letting me be angry. He drove me to the airport on my last day and kissed me goodbye, telling me to text him when I landed. Once I was at the airport though, I sent a text to Kylee. ‘Tell him or I will’ was all it read, hitting send and shoving my phone into my pocket. My flight back to Chicago, I tried to decompress myself so I didn’t act weirdly around my brother. I was going to give Kylee the chance to come clean first.

“Hey! How was your trip?” Jon asked when spotted me down in baggage claim. I sent him a quick smile as I grabbed my suitcase and followed him out to his truck, since there was a fresh layer of snow, like winter was still trying to cling on.

“Interesting…but good.” I said, nodding a little bit to myself. He started telling me about the road games he had. They had won the two games they played but I expected them to, honestly.

“Have you heard from Kylee? I’m worried about her…she hasn’t been responding to any of my messages or calls.” He asked, looking over at me. It hurt, seeing how much he loved her and knowing just what the fuck she was doing.

“No, I haven’t…she’s probably just super busy and wants to focus.” I said, cursing in my head. Why was I still defending her!?

“I miss her…” He said with a sigh as we pulled up to the apartment. I just nodded, twisting my hands together and following him out and into the elevators to go upstairs. As soon as we were in the apartment, I started up a load of laundry and then took a shower.

After my shower, I texted Sidney that I made it safely and then went into the kitchen to make myself something to eat but Jon was already in the kitchen, on his phone, ordering take out. Well, guess that solves that. He smiled and came over, wrapping an arm around my neck and messing up my hair a little. I shoved him away and went over to the couch, jumping over the back and sitting down.

“Hey, so the Charity head talked to me today.” He said, coming over and sitting, propping his feet up on the coffee table.

“What about?” I asked, switching on the TV and flipping through to find something to actually watch.

“They said they asked you to take Nik’s spot in the red versus white game.” He said, looking at me and waiting for me to answer.

“Oh, yeah, they did.” I said, shrugging a little bit about it. He huffed a little bit and dropped his feet to the floor.

“So? Are you going to do it? They’re waiting for an answer from you.” He said in a very duh tone to me. Rude…

“I dunno…I would need to train and get myself some on ice time. I don’t wanna look like a jackass on the ice with you guys.” I said, making him scoff.

“You’re already just as good as the guys. Maybe a little brushing up but you’ll be okay.” He said, urging me to accept the offer. “You can even come to practices if you want, I can talk to Coach.”

“Alright, alright, I’ll talk to them.” I said, just as there was a knock on the door. I said I would get it and got up, going over to the door. Jon wondered out loud about how quickly the take out people came. I opened the door and saw Kylee standing on the other side. I didn’t even want her to have a second to speak before I slammed the door in her face.

“Whoa, why did you do that?” Jon asked, standing up now and looking at me like I was crazy.

“It’s for you.” I said bitterly, going to my room and shutting the door, locking it and grabbing headphones and my laptop, plugging them in and turning the volume up loud. I didn’t want to hear this heartbreaking shit show.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short but you get the idea!