Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Ten Leviathan

Chapter Ten
Leviathan

News about the explosion and destruction of “Mulberry” reached the sanctuary and I was beyond fucking pissed. That fucking new girl, I knew she would be the death of us all but no one fucking listened. I paced outside of Seraphim’s office while she talked with Chet, an agent of ours from the above world. Ember, Skyler and Fallon were huddled together tears in their eyes. Eldritch was at my side while Ashe waited leaned against the wall with his arms crossed.
“Pacing isn’t going to solve our problems”.
Ashe said narrowing his eyes at me. I rounded on him.

“I don’t give a fuck, it’s how I keep calm, if you don’t like it too fucking bad”.
I snapped at him. Ember dried her eyes with the backs of her hands.
“It’s not our fault you don’t like Karissa”.
I turned to her next narrowing my eyes to slits about to tell her what I really thought, Eldritch got between us narrowing his eyes back at me.
“Dude! Just lay off!”
The door opened and Lady Seraphim appeared standing with Chet who excused himself without words. I crossed my arms.
“I move for banishment of Karissa”.
Everyone looked at me shocked.

“Leviathan!”
Fallon cried at me.
“We don’t need her! We’ve never fucking needed her, she’s not a leader and she doesn’t belong with us! She’s one of them now. She’s just like any other moronic human”.
“What about Lazarus!”
Ashe said stepping forwards narrowing his gaze at me.
“Lazarus cares for her”.
I laughed.
“Lazarus cares about his mission, his duty that’s it! Once she is banished he won’t have to worry about her and we can end this thing ourselves like we meant to”.

“You really are fucking dick Leviathan”.
Ember hissed at me tears in her eyes. Skyler holding her back. Fallon frowned not even looking at me as she wiped her tears away.
“That’s enough!”
Lady Seraphim said over all our voices. Her eyes narrowed at us.
“I raised you all better than this. Especially you Leviathan!”

I rolled my eyes.
“I’m thinking of the good of the team! Since she got here it’s been one demon attack after another! Now people are dead! Buildings are blowing up and god knows where she’s taken my brother now! If we lose Lazarus we lose the best of us. I say we save him and leave Karissa to fend for herself like she has been all her life”.
Lady Seraphim shook her head at me.
“No Leviathan, we are not abandoning her, she is the indigo soul”.
“Big fucking deal! Her soul is a pretty color of blue, who fucking cares! She’s gunna get us all killed!”

Fallon narrowed her eyes at me.
“She was chosen! Maybe that’s what pisses you off Leviathan. That she was chosen and not you or your stupid brother! Your big heroic victory shattered by some sixteen year old girl who has no idea who or what she is. And frankly is probably going out of her fucking mind with fear right now! But none of that matters to you does it? All you care about is your selfish pride and ego! If you ask me you’re the one who’s more human than any of us”.

I was taken aback by her words and the conviction she used when speaking them. Fallon had always been so quiet and shy around me. But now she was being fierce and fearless. She turned to Lady Seraphim.
“What can we do? How do we get them back?”
Lady Seraphim shook her head.
“We can’t not yet anyway. Tunnel ways are blocked off and the human police force has ladled Lazarus and Karissa as fugitives meaning there is a man hunt going on for them right now. We can’t pull them out until the tunnels are unblocked, and by that time the police may have them in custody. Fallon shot me a look and I knew what her intent was.

“I have a passage out of the sanctuary no one knows about”.
I admitted gruffly. All eyes fixed on me.
“It’s how I get my fix”.
I went on shoving my fists in my pockets. Lady Seraphim nodded to me smiling.
“Then you’ll show them the way above ground?”
I nodded looking away from them. This meant my secret passage way wasn’t a secret anymore. Skyler turned to Lady Seraphim.
“You aren’t coming with us?”

Lady Seraphim shook her head.
“I need to go to the higher realms. Try to get the fates to spin something for me, a way out in case you all get caught or worse”.
Skyler and Ember hugged Lady Seraphim.
“I’ve trained you all well. This is your first official mission as Earth angels. Find Karissa and Lazarus, bring them to the nearest Sanctuary to you. I will find you all there and we can return here together”.

With everyone agreed on the plan we headed to the weapons volt and suited up for our fist mission. I looked over at Fallon who wasn’t making eye contact with me at this point. I never thought having a girl mad at me would affect me this way. I wanted to apologize to her for whatever I said that pissed her off. But I never apologized to anyone in my life and I wasn’t about to start now. Loading up my guns I led the group through my secret passage way to the world above ground. I just hoped my brother was alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3