Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Eleven Terrorists?

Chapter Eleven
Terrorists?
Karissa

I wanted to vomit and at the same time my knees gave out from under me, but I fought back the vomit in my stomach I moved forwards crawling on all fours to his side.
“Lazarus! Wake up! Please don’t be dead! You can’t be dead”.
I sobbed as panic and horror rushed through me. I clutched the front of his jacket heaving him up towards me my face inches from his my tears rolling down from my cheeks to his.

“Lazarus! Please! I need you”.
The words left me before I realized it. And with them came that overwhelming feeling that even in this short time we had together, I could not go back to living without him. And there was no way I could over power the forces of hell and destroy the realm without him.
“Lazarus! Please!”
I called out to him. I saw the corner of his mouth twitch into a slight smirk, I eased myself away from him as his eyes opened.

“I’m ok”.
His voice was weak and I could barely make it out but he was alive. I knew nothing could ever happen between someone as amazing as Lazarus and a reject like me. But I knew in that moment when I thought he was dead, this was going beyond attraction for me. I was falling for Lazarus, fast and hard. I mended his wounds under his direction.

Weeks passed and I hadn’t been able to go back to that small town for food. After being attacked by those strange men that weren’t human, demon or angel. I hadn’t told Lazarus about them because I wanted him to recover. I found what food was around the abandon cabin. Cans of soup mostly. I took care of Lazarus as best I could, changing his bandages and helping him get back to his feet.

It was the tenth night we’d spent at the cabin when I brought him his soup. He was sitting up in the bed reading a book I had found for him in the living room. It was an astrology book, all about star signs. Lazarus didn’t seem to mind though. He enjoyed absorbing information.
“Last can of soup, we’ll have to think about getting more food and I don’t think the town is the best place to go. There was men, they smelt of death but they weren’t zombies because they could talk and they weren’t demons or angels or”.

“Poltergeists”.
Lazarus said spooning some soup into his mouth. I gaped at him a moment.
“Powerful demonic entities that possess the bodies of humans. They trap the soul of the human within the body and feed off of it. Sounds like someone or something in that town unleashed some of them and the people were consumed. This place is so far north no one comes here. So it makes sense the rest of the world would be blind to it”.
Lazarus explained taking more soup. I smiled at him for a moment.
“So clam when talking about demonic entities possessing humans and feeding off their souls”.

Lazarus smirked at me.
“It’s common for our kind to hear of these things”.
I nodded to him sighing to myself as I realized just how little I knew about my world. The world I was meant to live in. I swallowed hard as the thought came down on me.
“Do you ever hear from them? Your mom and dad I mean”.
Lazarus looked at me giving a dry smile as if he had heard this question before or maybe it was one he couldn’t answer honestly without hurting me.
“My father is the angel of death, Azeral. My mother is the goddess of destiny, Adraste. It’s like having parents that are workaholics. They don’t have time for us”.
I looked down feeling an empty void in my chest now. Would I never know my parents? I thought to myself. Lazarus took hold of my hand in his and I blushed at his touch looking at him.

“We kind of come to be family to each other, since our parents are all too busy to have anything to do with us”.
I smiled at him squeezing his hand. Then turned my gaze to the radio that finally came to life and brocaded something other than static.
“And now for another update on the terrorist couple that blew up the Mulberry hotel in downtown Toronto this past weekend.”

Lazarus and I looked at each other in shock.
“No word as to their whereabouts as of yet, C.I.S.I and the F.B.I are working together to locate them now. The death count is the highest of any attack known to date. We warn you not to confront them if you see them. The male is six foot two has jaw length blond hair and blue eyes. The girl is 5’1 with thick brown curls reaching to her waist line. If you see either of them we ask that you report the sighting right away, again do not confront them. They are armed and dangerous. In other news”.

The voice faded out and I looked at Lazarus in shock.
“Terrorists? They think we’re terrorists?”
Lazarus sighed shaking his head.
“Damnit, Humans”.
He stood up walking to the radio and turning it off. Grabbing his shirt and pulling it on again, much to my disappointment.

Lazarus turned back to me grabbing his leather jacket.
“I think we’ve over stayed our welcome. The closest Sanctuary to us is across the border. But before we can go anyway, we need to make some changes”.
I winced inwardly knowing what he meant. We needed to change our appearance if we were going to make it across the border.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3