Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Fourteen Emotional Break down.

Chapter Fourteen
Emotional Break down.
Lazarus

“You mother fucker!” I roared grabbing Leviathan and slamming my fist hard into his face, I felt the bones in his nose break under my fist as he fell to the ground, I grabbed for him again but Ashe had taken me back pinning me to a tree while Eldritch got between us keeping Leviathan back.

“Why did you have to say that shit? Why did you have to say you hated her?”
I roared at him. Leviathan narrowed his eyes at me blood oozing from his nose.
“Why don’t you? She ruined everything! Our plan since we were kids to be the ones to end this! If anyone has that right it’s us! We’re stronger then she will ever be! And we know more then she could hope to know about what we’re up against!”
Leviathan shoved Eldritch out of his way closing in on me only Ashe kept me from punching him again. Harder this time.

“You’re being childish! Those were the dreams of children who didn’t know the whole story! There is a higher power then all of us! One that will find her! One that she must aid when the time comes to put a stop to all evil! She is meant for more than just being the hell slayer! She has a part in the greatest battle in the history of existence and you just pass her off to the woman who wants to kill her!”

I shoved Ashe away closing in on my brother now.
“If you can’t respect her, then you can’t respect me! And I want nothing to do with you”.
I seethed meaning every word I said. Leviathan narrowed his eyes back at me and I could see the hurt in them but like always he didn’t show it.
“Fine, fuck you and your fucking slut”. He said making me lunge for him again only this time I hit him in the stomach hard forcing him to hunch forwards in pain dropping to his knees.

“Disrespect her again!”
I challenged. Ashe, Eldritch and the girls all stood in shock looking between us. Twin brothers ready to kill each other. Leviathan looked back at me with narrowed eyes holding his stomach. He stood but this time said nothing and his wings expanded form his back. He used them to take flight and vanished above the clouds. I slumped back against the hood of the car trying to think.

But nothing came to mind other than my last moments with Karissa. “I’m falling in love with you” she said. Nothings had ever made me so happy to hear. It was on the tip of my tongue to say “I love you too”. It would have been so easy to give in to what I feel for her. I would have kissed her and it would have been glorious. But now. I was cold, strictly told her that I had a duty to protect her and I couldn’t say anything beyond that. I lied for the first time in my life, to the only person I had ever felt such undying love for.

The more I thought about it, I was angrier with myself then anyone. I wanted to strangle myself for being such a fucking dick to her.
“Lazarus, what are we going to do?”
Ember finally spoke bringing me out of my daze. I stood looking at the group of them.
“We have to get her back. We need to track the hell agent and get Risa away from her”.

“Risa?”
Eldritch smirked crossing his arms. I ignored him as pain shot through me. The pain of knowing that I had crushed her heart before she was taken from me and that very may be the last thing I ever say to her. I wouldn’t ever do that again. If we got her back alive I’d take her in my arms. I would delight in the pleasure of just holding her. Of kissing her and I would tell her the truth. That I loved her from the moment I saw her soul, from the moment we touched. My heart was hers. She was my twin flame, the one soul in the world to whom I am always in perfect sync.

We got into the car and I drove at fast pace not sure where I was going. The speed of the wind rushing through me allowed me to think.
“Ember, what do you need for a tracking ceremony?”
I asked looking at her in the mirror. She sat forwards without hesitation.
“Candles, and an object that belongs to who I’m tracking”.
I nodded taking Karissa’s beany from the seat next to me and handing it to her.
“We need to find her as soon as possible. It is my hearts Desire”.

She nodded to me.
“Get me what I need and we’ll find her”.
I drove towards a small town and found a place with candles. Then driving to a wooded area we set up for the ceremony. Skyler smiled waving her hand through the air as she weaved crystal into being around us in a protective wall that would ward off humans. I watched her and sighed approaching I shoved my fists in my pockets.
“Skye”.
She looked back at me and smiled.

“Hmm?”
I sighed looking way from her unable to believe what I was about to do.
“If I, love someone, and made them think I didn’t how do I”.
“Make it up to them?”
She finished for me. I nodded keeping my eyes on my feet. Skyler smiled at me crossing her arms.
“You need to apologize to her, and you need to let her know that this sudden confession that you return her feelings. Isn’t because she almost died”.
I looked at her now. Though her arms were crossed she didn’t look like she was judging me. She was smiling and I sighed looking away from her.
“Just be honest with her Lazarus. I think you’d be the first person in her life to ever actually love her”.

She said turning away from me and pain coursed through me again as it dawned on me. Her adopted parents didn’t love her, her friends didn’t love her. Karissa had gone her whole life without ever being truly loved and then she confesses to me and I turn my back on her. It was unforgivable, what I had done, what I had made her feel was unforgivable.

“Ok, I’m ready”.
Ember said as she approached us. Skyler beamed at her holding hands with her.
“Just like we practiced! Focus on the object and the person you need to locate. My wall will protect us from animals and humans. No one will be around when the portal opens”.
Ember nodded to her, they hugged like sisters and then she got to work. Chanting in her way as she held her hands up over Karissa’s beany. I watched anxiously waiting for the portal to appear so I could pass through it and get Karissa back from that woman.

It took some time before the beany began to glow rising into the air. It shattered opening a portal and I wasted no time passing through it. I stumbled and rolled to the ground when I looked up I was mere inches away from the headstone of a stranger I didn’t know. Pushing myself to my knees I realized in horror that we were in a grave yard.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3