Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Fifteen Prophecy

Chapter Fifteen
Prophecy
Leviathan

I slammed my fist hard into the wall outside the dive bar I normally went to in order to drown my sorrows. Why was he being so fucking stupid about this? She was just a girl, the planet was littered with thousands of them. If he wanted to know what it felt like to really be with another person I could have fixed him up with someone. What was so extraordinary about her anyway? She was just some stupid girl with a blue soul. Big fucking deal. I made my way inside looking around the room. Sure enough no one noticed me like always and I took a seat at the bar.

The bartender noticed me and took my order. I was furious with my brother but more so with Karissa for getting between us. It had always been just the two of us, we were sure that we could defeat the evils of hell alone. Before she showed up we had planned to leave the others behind and do things our way. They were all too soft, they weren’t hardened to the world the way Lazarus and I were. They would take pity on the beings of hell. And that was weakness we couldn’t afford. For a moment, I remembered the look in Fallon’s eyes when she was protecting Karissa from that woman that appeared.

There was no weakness in her eyes. She looked fearless. Like a goddess. I was almost attracted to her in that moment. I finished the beer I ordered and scanned the room for prey before ordering another. I needed my fix and all the girls here didn’t have very appealing aura’s. Finishing my second bottle I made my way outside to find something more suitable for my tastes.

That was when it hit me like a brick wall. I was standing in a cathedral behind a dark shadowed figure that had someone on their knees and a dagger to their throat. Karissa standing across from us looking on with despair making her way forwards tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Don’t do it!”
A warped voice I couldn’t identify spoke to her. That was when the shadowed figure raised the dagger and plunged it into the hostage’s chest. Karissa screamed in horror throwing herself forwards to catch the hostage. The image was over as fast as it hit me. I fell back into the wall catching myself against it gasping for air. My eyes narrowed as realization washed over me.

“That bitch is going to get him killed”.
I hissed to myself pushing back to my feet I turned away from the dive bar. Getting my fix could wait. Lazarus was going to die if I didn’t get to him. I let my wings expand from my back and used them to teleport back to the last known location of Lazarus and the others.

There was no sign of them, I couldn’t even pick up a sense of them. As I looked up and down the road I saw headlights coming towards me, my wings still exposed. The car came to a stop and two figures emerged. They were big and heavily armed. I could sense the danger closing in around me. These bastards were poltergeists and god knew how long they’d been following my brother and Karissa. But nothing was going to stop me from saving my brother’s life.

Karissa wouldn’t be the end of him if I had anything to say about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3