Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Sixteen Rosary Rapture.

Chapter Sixteen
Rosary Rapture.
Karissa

My screams didn’t seem to reach the world above me. As near as I could tell I was bound to the wall of a tomb that was so deep set into the ground no one could hear me as the woman held her bladed wand out at me laughing in amusement as I screamed. She lowered her weapon and I gasped for air slumping forwards as much as the iron clasps that mounted me to the wall would allow.

“It is so much fun when the king gives me missions like this. But killing you would only after a short lived thrill. And I need something more. I need to break you, have you begging for death and then. Being the kind hearted woman I am. I will torture you slowly and painfully until you die”.
I looked at her through strains of bubble gum pink hair.

“Lazarus will come”.
I breathed as the pain slowly began to leave me for the moment. The comfort was a luxury I knew I wouldn’t have for much longer. The woman laughed at me as she crossed her arms.
“Are you kidding me? Mister “I have a duty”. She said in a mocking tone. My eyes narrowed at the memory of Lazarus rejecting me like everyone else had in my life. Maybe she was right, maybe this was my fate. My sacrifice would drive Lazarus to complete the task of destroying Lucifer and all of hell, out of nothing more than guilt for his cold words to me before I died.

It pissed me off, the thought that someone could care for you and only at the moment you die do they realize just what they had. It seemed like such a waste of time. Why brother bonding with people if they’ll only miss you when it’s impossible for you to be together?
“At least tell me who you are, why you’re doing this”.
The woman snickered at me lifting my chin with the tip of her wand dagger the bladed edge digging into my flesh.

“What’s the point, you won’t live long enough to appreciate it”.
I gave a weak smirk as I looked her in the eye.
“I get it, you’re no one then, nothing more than a pawn in Lucifer’s game”.
My plan worked as the fury burned in her eyes. She pressed the bladed edge of her wand to my throat forcing my head back.
“By the time I finish with you everyone will know who I am! Everyone will know Rosary Rapture!”

And with that she shot through me with more torturing incantations. Spell after spell rushed through my body causing me to scream. I hated to give her that kind of power. But my screams couldn’t be held back. It hurt so much that I was wishing she’d kill me.
Who would really miss me if I died for real? Lazarus and Leviathan would get the glory of destroying hell and killing Lucifer. The world would be better off without me. So many people would be so much happier if I was gone. No one in my life had ever truly loved me. No one.
The thought caused me more pain than the torture I was enduring.

I cried out a painful heart breaking cry that had been building within me all my life. The pain of being abandoned, the pain of being trapped in this world. The pain of knowing that my parents wanted nothing to do with me. Of knowing that Lilith was never truly my friend until she thought me dead. The pain of rejection not just of Lazarus but everyone. Everyone who had ever rejected me in one way or another.

My only hope was when this final cry reached the heavens it devastated my parents the way they had devastated me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3