Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter two Connected

Chapter two
Connected

I managed to catch her in my arms as she fell forwards, I looked down at the demon bite on her arm and sighed, it was infected but nothing the healers back at Sanctuary couldn’t handle. Scooping her up in my arms her head resting against my chest. I turned towards my brother and the others.

“Let’s go”.
I said moving past them. Leviathan narrowed his eyes at me as he followed.
“Lazarus! We can’t take her with us! We have no proof she is the one!”
I stopped in my tracks looking back at him narrowing my eyes back at him. Leviathan was always the more stubborn of us.
“Her soul is indigo you see it as well as I do! And she bares the mark. The wings of an angel and the sword of the goddess on the back of her neck”.
Fallon moved forwards lifting her hair and exposing the mark on the back of her neck.
“He’s right. This girl, she is the one. Amazing, but what was she doing living among the humans?”

I turned away walking again.
“That’s a question for the orical don’t you think?”
Fallon nodded walking at my pace running to keep up with us.
“She’s pretty, I like her”.
Fallon smiled.
“She really is, and check out her clothes!”
Ember beamed at the punk rocker choice of clothing the girl was wearing.
“See this is what I mean when I say going above ground for clothes isn’t a bad idea!”
Ember continued as she turned to Skyler who beamed nodding in agreement.
“And I hear the food up there is better too”.

“Yeah, it makes you fat”.
Leviathan said narrowing his eyes at the two as if to tell them to shut up. Skyler rolled her eyes at him and the two continued their conversation in hushed whispers.
“You’ve gone above ground yourself there Leviathan”.
Ashe smirked at him. My twin brother narrowed his gaze now at my best friend Ashe.
“Only for the parties and the girls. That’s it”.
Fallon shook her head at his comment as she continued to walk at my side.
“I hope she’ll be ok”.
I nodded to her.
“She’ll be fine”.

We finally arrived back at the underground remains of an old church that was our home. It was built during the first wars between Heaven and Hell as a sanctuary for earth bound angels. Or Earth angels as they are now called. We are also sometimes called light workers. Meant to protect this world with the powers of divine love.

“Get Lady Seraphim”.
I instructed Fallon as I set the girl down on one of the cots in the infirmary I removed her jacket exposing the bite on her arm now. I looked to Skyler.
“Get me the holy water, it’s better to do this while she’s out of it”.
Skyler made no hesitations in getting me what I needed. Ember winced at the sight of the bite mark. Ashe shook his head.

“Damn demons, the clans are getting stronger and multiplying faster”.
I nodded.
“That means there is an agent of hell loose in the world somewhere. She’s rallying the demon seeds in the world”.
Skyler came back to me with the holy water I pulled the crock out with my teeth and poured it on the mark. The girl cried out but showed no signs of waking. The mark bubbled and oozed demon venom. It bled black as the demon’s poisons left the wound.

“Lazarus! What’s happened?”
Lady Seraphim asked as she rushed over to us.
“We’ve found her, the Indigo soul”.
She gaped in awe of her moving forwards she kneeled down and inspected the wound on her arm.
“Yes, this is her. The one from the vision”.
She smiled at me.
“You’ve all done well. I will tend to her wounds. The rest of you, get back to your training. And Lazarus please wait for me in my office we have much to discuss”.
I nodded to her turning on my heels and heading towards her office while the others headed back to the training room.

It didn’t take Lady Seraphim long to return to her office. She sat behind her desk looking at me with concerned eyes.
“How are you feeling Lazarus? I know you were hoping that by some miracle you would be the chosen one”.
She said looking a little disappointed that I wasn’t the one prophesized to save this world form Lucifer’s wrath. I shook my head.
“I’m fine, actually I feel like I’m supposed to protect her”.

Lady Seraphim smiled at me.
“Well in truth it is everyone’s job to protect her and train her”.
She sat forwards resting her arms on her desk before continuing her thought.
“But you feel a stronger kin to her then the others. They showed no problems in leaving her side but you, you hesitated. It could be possible Lazarus that she is your twin flame. The one soul in this world with whom you are always in sync with”.
I nodded to her taking in what she was saying. That would explain my connection to her, why I wasn’t offended when I saw her soul’s light. Why I wasn’t disappointed that I hadn’t been chosen. I lifted my gaze back to her.

“I am giving you full charge of her Lazarus. She falls under your protection the others will take orders from you when it comes to her welfare.”
I knew this was coming and I honestly didn’t mind. Maybe this was the path my parents wanted me to take. Standing I shoved my hands in my pockets.
“What are we going to do about her ties above ground?”
She shook her head.
“I’ve taken care of things. Her adopted parents have been paid off and signed rights over to me. I knew today would be the day for this. So I had our Legal team get on things right away”.

I filed out of the office and headed back to the infirmary. Sure enough the girl was still passed out, her arm was bandaged and neatly cared for. I sat down on the chair by her bedside and watched as she slept. So this was the one meant to save us all? And I was the one meant to save her.

As I put my feet up I noticed her starting to wake. I sat up taking hold of her hand in mine. I knew this was going to be a wild adjustment for her but she needed to know the truth now.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3