Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Three New name, New Life.

Chapter Three
New name, New Life.
Karissa

My arm throbbed and pulsed but it didn’t hurt as badly as it once had. If anything it burned but only a little. It wasn’t uncomfortable or anything like that, nothing I normally associated with a burning feeling was happening. It was an unnatural feeling. My eyes slowly starting to open and focus on his face as he stood over me holding my hand. My savior, my guardian angel.

“You? You saved me”.
I spoke in a raspy tone. He nodded to me sitting on the edge of the cot I was on keeping hold of my hand. He waited a few more moments for my senses to recover before speaking again.
“How do you feel?”
He asked as he examined me like there was some unseen force only he could see surrounding me.

“Fine, just a little shaken. Where am I?”
I asked. He made no hesitations in answering me.
“Safe, this is Sanctuary, your home now”.
I sat up gaping at him a moment.
“My what?”
He nodded to me.
“Your home, you are reborn today. Your name is whatever you choose it to be, as of now to the world above ground you are dead. We’ve bought the silence of your adopted parents and they’ve signed rights to you over to our caretaker. You are now living among your own kind”.

I felt my head rushing and my mouth drop open hearing everything he was saying. My heart sank at the words “Dead to the world above”. But I had to wonder, was I ever really living to them? Did any of them ever treat me with the respect that all living things deserve? I shook my head lightly clearing my thoughts away before speaking again.

“Ok, so what exactly are you saying?”
Lazarus stood offering me his hand.
“It will be better to show you”.
I placed my hand in his feeling I could trust him. He did just save my life. I followed him from the infirmary. We walked together down a long hallway lit by torches.

I looked up at the massively huge paintings of angels and goddesses that hung from them.
“We are called Earth angels, beings born from the angels and a god or goddess bred for only one reason. To protect the living from the evils of Lucifer and his armies. The war between Heaven and Hell is far from over and we are in the center of it all. But no one is in that center more then you”.
I looked at him feeling confused.
“What are you talking about? You think I’m like you?”

We kept walking and he cracked a small smirk at my question. Turning his eyes to me again I did my best not to get weak in the knees.
“You are unlike any Earth angel, you are the strongest of us born from our leader and the most powerful goddess. You are the indigo soul”.
He turned to face me as we stood in the center of the long hallway. I shook my head lightly.
“Indigo soul? What are you talking about?’
Lazarus crossed his arms before speaking again taking a moment to word things the right way in his mind before speaking.
“An indigo child is often described “Different” from others, they rebel against authority, and they are strong willed and natural born leaders. They are confident and know their reason for being here”.

I shook my head quickly.
“I’m not a rebel. I’ve never fought against authority and I’ve never led anything. You’ve got the wrong girl”.
I stated. He kept hold on my arm.
“You are, the indigo soul not a child, attributes that fall to you are unlike the one’s that fall to mortal children who are simply old souls who have been here many times. The indigo of your soul implies that you are our leader. Meant to lead a revolution.”

I shook my head lightly.
“I don’t understand, if I don’t have characteristics of this “indigo child” you speak of, how can I be what you think I am?”
He sighed shaking his head.
“You can’t be an indigo child because those are mortal beings, old souls of this world that have been here before. Your soul shines indigo. The color of the leader, the color of your father the arch angel Michael is a deep blue. The fates made your soul this shade of blue to mark you as our leader. Your personality has nothing to do with it. Your personality is that of an earth angel or a light worker like the rest of us”.

He turned towards the largest painting that was lit with bright lights. An angel that I felt I had seen before stood tall and strong with an indigo blue cloak around his shoulders. The woman in the painting with him looked a lot like me and had a sapphire pendent hanging around her neck.

“These are your parents. We are earth angels in the sense we have a mission to complete. That is how the demons refer to us”.

He smiled at me.
“Half god or goddess half angel. It is our breed, Demi-Angels”.
I looked at him my head spinning with information and yet I knew in my heart that he was telling the truth. This was the reason I felt like I didn’t belong on this planet. This was the reason I never fit in anywhere. Because truthfully this really wasn’t my world, it was the world I was meant to protect. I stared endlessly at the painting of my parents trying to find a flaw in Lazarus’s story but there wasn’t one. I looked just like the woman in the painting and I had the man’s blue eyes right down to the shape.

I turned towards him finally able to speak.
“You said something about choosing a name”.
He nodded and we began to walk again. I shoved my hands in my pockets.
“Did you choose your name?”
Lazarus nodded again.

“Yeah, so. What are we going to call you?”
I bit my lip, I’d always been Karissa. It was my name, but my last name. My adopted parents name only carried harsh memories of being used as a paycheck.
“Karissa is my name, but I think I’ll choose a different last name”.
Lazarus nodded to me as we came to the doors of the hallway.
“Ok, what will your last name be then?”
I spoke before giving it any thought. The name left my lips as if some other force around me used its influence to get me to speak the name.

“Kane, Karissa Kane, that’s the name I’m meant to have”.
Lazarus cracked a small smile.
“Good, I’ll let Lady Seraphim know, she will want to meet you as well”.
I followed Lazarus down the hall towards the set of double doors. While everything was new to me about this life I was going to be living. I didn’t fight it, I welcomed the change. I just hoped I didn’t let everyone down.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3